Virgin Media UK Warns of 1st October 2013 Broadband Price Hike extra £2.50 !

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I've got my cancellation date for mid September.

I'm a 30mg bb stand-alone customer for £23.65 (I think!) a month, with the £2.50 price increase to come. Obviously this price can be reduced by taking out a new 12 month contract but I refuse to do that as I prefer to live 'contract-free' as far as possible. They will have to offer me a bill credit of £30 minimum with no extra commitment or I'm off. They've done this previously but I've a feeling it's not going to offered this time. I have a mifi unit and a prepaid 3gb sim from 3 standing by.....

Your case is interesting.

If you are willing to move to a mobile solution and have relatively low useage, you are exactly the sort of customer they dont want to loose for £30 a year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Fred Smith wrote: »
    I been with NTL now Virgin for ten years, BB only apart from one year when I had a VM phone line. Currently paying £27.50 for 60Mb (which requested I an upgrade too earlier this year). Phoned up on Monday to cancel without any penalty, I'll give the girl her due she did try to offer me a package but could only offer XL TV to cover some of the TV channels I wanted, and with 60Mb BB it was £5 a month more over what I can get from BT. BT 66Mb D/L, 19 Mb U/L (a big increase over VM's 3Mb), YouView box, BT Sport and ESPN, TV essentials extra, telephone which I don't really want or need (but no choice). So for me BT with the greater U/P speed was a better deal.

No connection charges etc ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    With TalkTalk Simply Broadband for about £18, BB only customers now have an option. I just phone VM and theyve knocked my price down to £20.50 frozen for 2 years.
  • Robin ArmitageRobin Armitage Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    mjeff2k wrote: »
    With TalkTalk Simply Broadband for about £18, BB only customers now have an option. I just phone VM and theyve knocked my price down to £20.50 frozen for 2 years.

Dont believe the frozen bit. "17.50 for 24 mths"..i was told the same thing a few mths ago....two months later got the, 2.50 increase in broadband on Oct 1, letter and their reason for it was that what they offered was a discount on whatever the price is at the time" not a fixed price" Despite much arguing it was no go so wrote to them and awaiting result. Though have noticed it still says 17.50 on account so await Oct bill with interest. :(
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont believe the frozen bit. "17.50 for 24 mths"..i was told the same thing a few mths ago....two months later got the, 2.50 increase in broadband on Oct 1, letter and their reason for it was that what they offered was a discount on whatever the price is at the time" not a fixed price" Despite much arguing it was no go so wrote to them and awaiting result. Though have noticed it still says 17.50 on account so await Oct bill with interest. :(

i would agree there - they would normally give a Loyalty Discount for 12 or 24 months (I am on my second 24-month one), whilst covering themselves for any basic price increases in the meantime.