9. Puttin' On The Ritz
10. Little Green Apples featuring Kelly Clarkson
11. Minnie The Moocher
12. If I Only Had a Brain
13. No One Likes a Fat Pop Star

Comments

• mike_dunnmike_dunn Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    So how big do you think this album will be, bearing in mind that his album sales aren't as big as they used to be? Xmas No.1 album with big sales or not that huge? His first Swing album at Xmas 2001 was huge all Xmas and has sold well over 2 million so far. Of course contained the Christmas No.1 single too, Somethin' Stupid, with Nicole Kidsman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg that's the real title of his album???

i read that and thought that this was going to be another one of those "this popstar is secretly gay" threads:o
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »

Yeah it is!!! :D
    Forum Member
    Anyone care to guess at 1st week UK sales?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike_dunn wrote: »
    So how big do you think this album will be, bearing in mind that his album sales aren't as big as they used to be? Xmas No.1 album with big sales or not that huge? His first Swing album at Xmas 2001 was huge all Xmas and has sold well over 2 million so far. Of course contained the Christmas No.1 single too, Somethin' Stupid, with Nicole Kidsman.

it's definitely not going to be anywhere near the xmas no.1. it's released far too early for one, as well as other acts like one direction and gary barlow releasing after him - not to mention the x factor winners single will most likely be dominating the singles chart by then, which would remove some of the natural album promo that a no.1 single gives.
    and all of that's before you factor in that, as you say, his sales are down from what they were.

if's he's no.1, i'd say it would probably be for about a week or so, and it would be in november.
    Forum Member
    Swing When You're Winning was released same week in 2001 though and went in at No.1 and stayed there util January! I don't think it will be as big sales wise.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNASdyVnubs

Thats a video of the making of the album...you can hear snippets of the duets with Rufus Wainwright, Lily Allen and Buble. Really want to hear the song title "No one likes a fat popstar" lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swing When You're Winning was released same week in 2001 though and went in at No.1 and stayed there util January! I don't think it will be as big sales wise.

a different era - for both sales in general and for robbie's star personally. he still has his very strong core fanbase, but back then was his prime. he's nowhere near as popular now.
    and like i said before, the x factor wasn't even invented back then, and he'll be facing good competition.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stupid album title
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth has it called it this for?
    Is Robbie bisexual...?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    This is gonna help with the many rumors always circulating about Robbie. Who knows, maybe the album title is a bit of a coming out statement?
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »

i read that and thought that this was going to be another one of those "this popstar is secretly gay" threads:o

Me too :D Mind you after seeing his new hairstyle on the X Factor I did start to wonder ;)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there have been a lot of rumours about Robbie over the years, so I think the album title might be a subtle dig at that. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He called it that to watch some of the saddos on Digital Spy have a meltdown over it.

Mission accomplished.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Would be funny if, when asked why he named the album thus, his response was: 'I just wanted to make a statement'....
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    He called it that to watch some of the saddos on Digital Spy have a meltdown over it.

Mission accomplished.

Ha!:D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny little title but the title is pretty much saying he is doing a swing album for the second time, hence the both ways part.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great call now Michael Buble is out of the running this year.
    Destined to be a classic Christmas album, just because he can do it.

Shame it wasn't an album of complete unknowns who would have made the credits. If I was Robbie I'd have pulled people from nowhere to make it happen, because I could afford to do so, and it would pay back the industry's whole attitude and the hardship tring to be great in spades.

The rule always used to be look after the kids, they'll look after you ......
  • LMLM Posts: 63,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great call now Michael Buble is out of the running this year.
    Destined to be a classic Christmas album, just because he can do it.

Shame it wasn't an album of complete unknowns who would have made the credits. If I was Robbie I'd have pulled people from nowhere to make it happen, because I could afford to do so, and it would pay back the industry's whole attitude and the hardship tring to be great in spades.

The rule always used to be look after the kids, they'll look after you ......

I don't think it's really the type of album you put on a christmas. More of a dinner party with wine and old friends type album.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Is Robbie bisexual...?

Face palm..........
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out 18th November.

Tracklist:

1. Shine My Shoes
    2. Go Gentle
    3. I Wanna Be Like You featuring Olly Murs
    4. Swing Supreme
    5. Swings Both Ways featuring Rufus Wainwright
    6. Dream a Little Dream featuring Lily Allen
    7. Soda Pop featuring Michael Buble
    8. Snowblind
    9. Puttin' On The Ritz
    10. Little Green Apples featuring Kelly Clarkson
    11. Minnie The Moocher
    12. If I Only Had a Brain
    13. No One Likes a Fat Pop Star

Is this a joke?
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this actually - nice to have a big band type album again from Robbie and it looks like it's a good mixture of well-known songs and some new ones. I enjoyed his last swing album so I'll definitely be having a listen to this. And I like the title too :)
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swings both ways = swings with old songs, swings with newly written material....both ways :D
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Is Robbie bisexual...?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Remember they say all boybands have at least one
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he is. He banged me a few times in the mcdonalds loos