[US] Survivor 28: Cagayan - Brains vs Brawns vs Beauty

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    Bah, I've just started on Thailand (on episode 3 now) but it's a struggle already, I'm struggling with it more than I struggled with season 3 (Africa). I've watched from Season 17 onwards so I'm catching up. Unfortunately I can't seem to find Season's 8,9,11,12,13,14,15 or 16 :(

I hated Thailand it was by far the worst season for me however I would say its worth watching anyway just for context.

The seasons you are missing are out there.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    There's no point to turn on Tony because he's huge goat with zero chance of winning. I take it that you haven't seen many other series and aren't familiar with Natalie/Russell, Sandra/Russell, Sophie/Coach, etc. You saying "if Trish was a deserving player she'd turn on Tony" shows your general ignorance of how Survivor works.

Sorry, just wondering do you feel a bit stupid now after writing this? Considering you were so confident that Tony had no chance in winning and stated that I had such an ignorance of this show for stating Trish and the rest should blindside Tony. Looks like it's you that is showing your general ignorance of how Survivor works :kitty::kitty::kitty:
  • Options
    troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Sorry, just wondering do you feel a bit stupid now after writing this? Considering you were so confident that Tony had no chance in winning and stated that I had such an ignorance of this show for stating Trish and the rest should blindside Tony. Looks like it's you that is showing your general ignorance of how Survivor works :kitty::kitty::kitty:

You certainly feel something considering that you're dragging that post back up from oblivion, that's for certain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You certainly feel something considering that you're dragging that post back up from oblivion, that's for certain.

I personally wouldn't call 4 pages back to be from the oblivion but if you say so. I just find it rather amusing that's all :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ooh burn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I personally wouldn't call 4 pages back to be from the oblivion but if you say so. I just find it rather amusing that's all :cool::cool::cool:

The quote I was going for is actually pretty fitting considering the news of Maya Angelou's death (RIP), "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" and I certainly made you feel something if you're insisting upon a post from the 5th of May.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The quote I was going for is actually pretty fitting considering the news of Maya Angelou's death (RIP), "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" and I certainly made you feel something if you're insisting upon a post from the 5th of May.

mate if it was only three weeks ago, why not admit you were simply wrong rather than trying to suggest it was ancient history? You sound like Tony :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's not hard to forget what people said when they said it only a few weeks ago. Why you are quoting Maya Angelou in a survivor forum when it has nothing to do with this discussion is beyond me. Maybe to try and forget about the fact you were completely off track with the Tony discussion we had previously.

And Maybe you are right with the Maya Angelou quote... You did make me feel something... Amusement :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not hard to forget what people said when they said it only a few weeks ago. Why you are quoting Maya Angelou in a survivor forum when it has nothing to do with this discussion is beyond me. Maybe to try and forget about the fact you were completely off track with the Tony discussion we had previously.

And Maybe you are right with the Maya Angelou quote... You did make me feel something... Amusement :kitty:

I for one don't remember much, if any, of the posts from last week let alone three weeks ago, but perhaps you invest a lot more into these forums than I do. Point is, you certainly felt something negative if you were waiting all this time for your comeuppance to come, whereas I personally couldn't care less so good for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I for one don't remember much, if any, of the posts from last week let alone three weeks ago, but perhaps you invest a lot more into these forums than I do. Point is, you certainly felt something negative if you were waiting all this time for your comeuppance to come, whereas I personally couldn't care less so good for you?

No, the point is... Don't act like you know everything about this game, don't act superior and don't act like you know for certain what the outcome is going to be... Because you may be wrong :cool: :cool::cool:
  • Options
    bleary_eyedbleary_eyed Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you boys finished willy-waving yet?
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To change the subject slightly....

Keith and Whitney (bland couple from Survivor South Pacific) are on the next season of The Amazing Race.

And in more cross-over news, The Twinnies from The Amazing Race might be on the next season of Survivor Blood vs Water II.
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »
    To change the subject slightly....

And in more cross-over news, The Twinnies from The Amazing Race might be on the next season of Survivor Blood vs Water II.

That would be freeking amazing. They will never reach the merge but something that will make me watch
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Now that a bit of time has passed and I've had time to think about it, if I were to rank the Cagayan cast in terms of what they provided for my own personal enjoyment:

1. Kass (razor sharp, unpredictable, able to laugh at herself, never got defeated by the hate or let it break her spirit)
    2. Trish (righteous and went on the biggest journey from weak crazy outcast to smart noble soul)
    3. Woo (the much-needed positive fun, though his edit seems quite tragic in retrospect, his noble intentions cost him the win)
    4. Tasha (the real underdog and biggest threat in the game, fairly neglected in the edit)
    5. Brice (had all the personality of the Beauties tribe, they were screwed when he went, "dot dot dot hmm" will live on through the ages)
    6. J'Tia (apart from tossing out the rice I found her to be a hilarious and rootable nutter)
    7. Sarah (a complex mix of down-to-earth likeability and a highly-strung mess)
    8. Tony (a good winner and could be enjoyable to watch, but a suffocating presence on and off the show)
    9. Morgan (very irksome but I like how she owns her vain qualities and doesn't try to pretend she's nice)
    10. Lindsey (not suited for Survivor but she was rather random as a person and for a walker she had a pretty epic exit)
    11. Spencer (could have enjoyed him more if he had any humour or had a genuine underdog edit, not one that's thrown in your face)
    12. Cliff (a likeable guy but his laid-back presence was slightly holding things back, his bromance with Woo was great)
    13. Jefra (I was mostly indifferent to her, then found her kind of irritating when she got some focus)
    14. Alexis (I actually forgot about her when doing this, she had a scrappy boot episode but was just so vapid)
    15. Jeremiah (way too simple and easy-going to make much of an impression)
    16. Garrett (turned into a controlling wannabe mastermind who was just so draining)
    17. LJ (huge sense of entitlement, also dull and monotone)
    18. David (he actually made Garrett seem likeable so he must be pretty bad, viewers probably had a lucky escape)

I wish this was the boot order, with my top 2 absolutely loathing eachother.

Kass feels unlike any survivor before, it's probably the closest the show will ever get to having its very own Daria http://media.thedailytouch.com/2014/02/wifflegif.gif
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Tasha and Jeremiah were the only decent ones. The rest sucked.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Tasha and Jeremiah were the only decent ones. The rest sucked.

Curious what did Jeremiah do to avoid the 'sucking' category?
    I can see him going down as one of the few casting duds of the season. Then again the producers probably appreciate him because he seemed more than willing to be Spencer's right-hand man and would have facilitated his win with even less contrary thought than Woo did with Tony.
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Jeremiah do anything of note? One of the only poor casting choices in an otherwise top quality cast.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard that Caleb from Blood Versus Water has died. He was hit by a derailed train. Such a nice guy. He was only 26, Very sad.