Options

Rolf arriving for sentencing at Southwark right now.

Comments

• Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,699
    Forum Member
    Sentencing is now at 13:45.

The judge must be deliberating this one very carefully.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Harris is still denying anything happened, so his victims are either lying, or he doesn't think there is anything wrong with what he's been up to during his life. :eek:

Who cares, he'll be in a body bag the next time he steps out of jail.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These comments from my ex on Twitter horrified me this morning. MH (Stephen) is my right-wing ex and thank god he is now my ex. Also thank the lord he never fathered children.
    https://twitter.com/marishuntsman/status/484979628294299648

Oh my god! this is what I'm talking about:o How can people think this way? Regardless of whether Harris is guilty or not, how can a man think 'no harm was done' ? I'm actually stunned by that! These people don't realize that THEY are part of the problem why these people are not brought to justice earlier. Sick misogynist pigs! (no offence Chrissy)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Who cares, he'll be in a body bag the next time he steps out of jail.

Not necessarily.

He's only 84, perhaps a 6 year sentence, tarriff reduced to about 3 years, then probably released on a tag.
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly! but to start demonizing people for expressing sexual thoughts for other ADULTS is not helpful at all, and can lead to hysterical suspicion towards men, or women, who just have natural desires.

Depends on where your personal boundaries about what is acceptable or ethical lie. 18 is adult - legally - but to me it is on the far edge of childhood. But that's the mother in me speaking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's just changed by the looks of things, court filling up as we speak, sentencing imminent apparently.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BBC have said 12:45 which is around now. In these cases I would not like to be the judge. whatever he does will not be right for someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    Depends on where your personal boundaries about what is acceptable or ethical lie. 18 is adult - legally - but to me it is on the far edge of childhood. But that's the mother in me speaking.

rubbish! 18 is an ADULT! your personal views are your own, but the fact is that 18 is LEGAL and perfectly normal. Unless you think we should raise the age of consent, and maturity to 21? would that make you feel better? It's such nonsense.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some looney in the background on the BBC with a placard about WW3
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long is "about"?
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god! this is what I'm talking about:o How can people think this way? Regardless of whether Harris is guilty or not, how can a man think 'no harm was done' ? I'm actually stunned by that! These people don't realize that THEY are part of the problem why these people are not brought to justice earlier. Sick misogynist pigs! (no offence Chrissy)

Weird or what? One was 7 years old and did he bother to read up on the full graphic details is has he just heard a few headlines? Additionally if someone does some good apparently that means you can forget anything bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rubbish! 18 is an ADULT! your personal views are your own, but the fact is that 18 is LEGAL and perfectly normal. Unless you think we should raise the age of consent, and maturity to 21? would that make you feel better? It's such nonsense.

My principals and morals might be rubbish to you but they've served me well over the years thanks very much. What is normal for you is not necessarily normal in my opinion. If you'd feel justified in dating the 18 year old friend of your 18 year old daughter while you're in your 40's (hypothetically) then you're entitled as it's 'legal' and 'normal'...but excuse me while I throw up.

Now have a word with yourself for petes sake >:(.

Back to Rolf....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Judge has been laying it down, and strongly.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These comments from my ex on Twitter horrified me this morning. MH (Stephen) is my right-wing ex and thank god he is now my ex. Also thank the lord he never fathered children.
    https://twitter.com/marishuntsman/status/484979628294299648

Shocked that a woman has replied
    Feminism has a great deal to answer for~most negative
    >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Weird or what? One was 7 years old and did he bother to read up on the full graphic details is has he just heard a few headlines? Additionally if someone does some good apparently that means you can forget anything bad.

This is whats so scary about human beings, we are so easily swayed by things like that. I lose a bit of faith in humanity every time I hear those kinds of sentiments. >:(
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some horrible stuff coming out.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    It's finding anything remotely attractive in a 7-year old GIRL which worries me more above all else....

Yeah, that is very worrying and just wrong :( Rolf claimed the girl he had an affair with was 18 but he actually wrote a letter to the parents (who claimed she was 13 when it started), I think thats maybe what did it for him.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Shocked that a woman has replied >:(

Unfortunately, some women are just too desperate for male approval.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Judge has been laying it down, and strongly.

Judge cannot afford not too....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All this is making my skin crawl ....... dreadful.

Those poor young girls and women. :(
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    If it takes much longer, he'll croak in court.
  • Options
    Chrissy1978ukChrissy1978uk Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    A Psychologist friend of mine who has spoken on TV and in papers on the Suffolk Strangler and Raoul Moat cases Clive Sims posted these responses to MH,

cidermaker ‏@cidermaker Protected Tweets · 3h
    @marishuntsman @juliejoy54 @tonyfroberts Bloody hell Stephen! Having worked in mental health I can tell you a hell of a lot of harm is done

@marishuntsman @juliejoy54 @tonyfroberts The only conditions that have changed is that people can talk about it now. It used to be a deep,

@marishuntsman @juliejoy54 @tonyfroberts dark secret but still destroyed lives. I've worked as a clinician & researcher in both child &

@marishuntsman @juliejoy54 @tonyfroberts adult mental health for over 40 years & I can assure you the damage is appalling.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some horrible stuff coming out.

The UK media hasn't reported the graphic detail and I suspect many just don't realise just what he did.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    For God's sake, the judge has twelve counts to discuss and sentence on. He has to outline the charges, explain each one and then comment on it. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS IN COURT WHEN A JUDGE IS SENTENCING AND IT WILL TAKE TIME.

His full sentencing remarks will no doubt be available here later today. They only get published really for high profile cases and whole life tariffs. They will contain all the full details. Stuart Hall's and Ian Watkins' certainly did :(

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/