Options

TV doesnt want to turn off

I bought a Tesco brand (Technika) tv recently but is has a strange habit. It appears to work well but when I come to put it into standby by either using the remote or the button on the set, the sound goes off but then the screen remains brightly illuminated without a picture for about 30 seconds to a minute! - It then goes off

I have another Tesco machine, different size but same brand and has the same menus etc and that one turns off immediately the standby button is pushed.

Does this need to go back? or is this normal? - This is the second set I have had and the first one kept changing channel all by itself and the current one is the replacement.

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,588
    Forum Member
    It's not normal, take it back,
  • Options
    JoddleJoddle Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought so - thanks - fast and efficient as usual Nigel!
  • Options
    moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not normal but not sure if its take backable. I could live with it.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,588
    Forum Member
    mooghead wrote: »
    Its not normal but not sure if its take backable. I could live with it.

If it's faulty (as you agree), then it's 'take backable' :D

Tesco will simply swap it for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's faulty (as you agree), then it's 'take backable' :D

Tesco will simply swap it for you.

Tesco were very good about it - profound apologies and instant agreement to courier me an exchange and collect the old one at no cost to me - and as they did not have that same model available have offered me a higher spec TV with a larger screen at no extra cost - which for me is fine. Full marks Tesco.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Joddle wrote: »
    Tesco were very good about it - profound apologies and instant agreement to courier me an exchange and collect the old one at no cost to me - and as they did not have that same model available have offered me a higher spec TV with a larger screen at no extra cost - which for me is fine. Full marks Tesco.:)

You can say what you like about Tesco, but their customer service is absolutely first-rate. I've returned things a few times over the years, and there has never been any quibbling - just an instant, cheerful refund.
  • Options
    leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yet another Vestel, me thinks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    You can say what you like about Tesco, but their customer service is absolutely first-rate. I've returned things a few times over the years, and there has never been any quibbling - just an instant, cheerful refund.

I would love to be able to agree - and in part I do. I have been offered suitable replacements without any issues - BUT now they have sent me a third TV - and guess what? - it too is faulty.

This means over the past week I have had three TVs - and none have worked properly - different faults every time though. The DVD on latest set was faulty and would not play DVDs and also it appeared to be an older model than before as certain minor features were lacking, I have expressed my disappointment to Tesco and await their response which I will report here.