Options

Katie Fforde

-Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone's read her stuff and which books you enjoyed most as someone recommended her to me....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    They all tend to revolve around a similar theme of 40-something divorcee finding love whilst running a business or running a project revolving around antiques, painting or restoration of a derelict stately home or similar establishment. Divorcee has loads of close girly friends to lend a helping hand with the project and somewhere along the way up turns the grumpy/abrasive yet challenging male lead for our divorcee to fall for, of course the path of true love never runs smoothly but they get there in the end.

I have read the majority of Katie's books, some good, some bad but they fill time whilst on holiday as they're uncomplicated and easy to follow.

"Going Dutch" was once of her more recent offerings that I particularly enjoyed.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Katie Fforde is one of my favourite romantic novelists. Her books are warm, charming, slightly old-fashioned but very funny. Her earlier books are fantastic. I loved Living Dangerously and Wild Designs, but her later titles are also excellent - especially Paradise Fields, Restoring Grace, Highland Fields and Wedding Season. If you like her books, Jill Mansell and Christina Jones write in a similiar style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Jill Mansell and Christina Jones are top of my must buy list for romantic fiction but I wouldn't say they are similar to Katie Fforde.

For me Tricia Ashley is an author in a similar vein to KF and I would recommend her "A Winter's Tale" and the more recent "Chocolate Wishes".

However, if you want a really good book try and get hold of a copy of "The Eight" by Katherine Neville. It has been my favourite for years and years and has been re-read many times.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    silvermoon wrote: »
    Jill Mansell and Christina Jones are top of my must buy list for romantic fiction but I wouldn't say they are similar to Katie Fforde.

For me Tricia Ashley is an author in a similar vein to KF and I would recommend her "A Winter's Tale" and the more recent "Chocolate Wishes".

However, if you want a really good book try and get hold of a copy of "The Eight" by Katherine Neville. It has been my favourite for years and years and has been re-read many times.

I like Trisha Ashley as well. Although I find Trisha Ashley's books to be sharper and they perhaps have more edge to them than Katie Fforde's do.

I find Christina Jones and Jill Mansell similiar because of their bucolic settings and eccentric characters - and also because they write really wonderful heroes!
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta for the feedback :)
  • Options
    xSocksxxSocksx Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Let us know how you get on with her books :) I've read a few of them and found them enjoyable, they're nice, light, easy reads. :D