Options

Do gay people get a harder time than lesbians?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Lol. Been there done:) that. My days of chasing skirt are behind me. Happily married dad these days. Did enjoy some lesbians back in the day though.:)
    I don't believe any of this. Nor do I believe you have a brother who is gay. You're like one of these bigots who claim they can't possibly be bigoted because they have gay friends. If you did sleep with a lesbian, honey - she wasn't gay.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gay people, IMO, do get a harder time than lesbians because their seen as men (even though some don't view homo men as 'real men') & they've had to deal with sh*t in the past about their sexuality so they can deal with a bit of what they call 'banter'. Whereas with lesbians it's different, most heterosexual men love the thought of 2 women having sex & want to join in. It's only when they realise they won't be offered is when they'll start hurling abuse at them aswell.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe any of this. Nor do I believe you have a brother who is gay. You're like one of these bigots who claim they can't possibly be bigoted because they have gay friends. If you did sleep with a lesbian, honey - she wasn't gay.

She might be now:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    She might be now:D
    Hahahaha. Celibate forever more, probably, poor girl.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got any conspiracy theories about the Jews while you're at it?

He will no doubt. The Jews are taking over the financial world, the gays the media!! blah blah blah! The end of the world is nigh!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say no. It's both pretty equal.

I got hassled by some knobs three days ago. I was quite taken aback by it. I've had people shout abuse or make comments but never get physical with me. I'm not going to speculate whether these two guys decided to pick on me because I "looked gay", or if it was just because I was alone and looked like someone they could pick on. But two guys in their mid twenties I'd say, approached me and stood in the way of the direction I was walking and made comments about how skinny I was and that apparently "most queers look like that"

One of them grabbed me by my jumper and shoved me down, and I think he was probably going to pounce, but then the other one just said "leave him, it's not a fair fight, he's just a wee poof that can't defend himself."

The strange thing about people who are homophobic is that no comment they make can really affect you, it's just the knowing that there are people out there who's hatred is that strong that they're perfectly happy to do that to you in the street.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Ooh look, yet another thread about gay people! ;-)

I hope the OP isn't trying to give Roger a run for his money! :cry:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You quiet often hear about people being homophobic towards gay men but not as much towards lesbian women.

Lesbian women get an easier time than gay men mainly because many straight men like the idea of two women together imo.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got hassled by some knobs three days ago. I was quite taken aback by it. I've had people shout abuse or make comments but never get physical with me. I'm not going to speculate whether these two guys decided to pick on me because I "looked gay", or if it was just because I was alone and looked like someone they could pick on. But two guys in their mid twenties I'd say, approached me and stood in the way of the direction I was walking and made comments about how skinny I was and that apparently "most queers look like that"

One of them grabbed me by my jumper and shoved me down, and I think he was probably going to pounce, but then the other one just said "leave him, it's not a fair fight, he's just a wee poof that can't defend himself."

The strange thing about people who are homophobic is that no comment they make can really affect you, it's just the knowing that there are people out there who's hatred is that strong that they're perfectly happy to do that to you in the street.

The last part is very true, it's a scary prospect when you think about it that there are people out there that don't know you but want to harm you. I get in school sometimes, I walked past someone in my year who I had never said a word to & he said to his friend 'ugh who'd want to **** that dirty little skanky queer'. I didn't bother saying anything back because there was no point. I should've though.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Not for 30 minutes they werent I agree lol.

You did it 15 times? I am impressed.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Gay people, IMO, do get a harder time than lesbians because their seen as men (even though some don't view homo men as 'real men') & they've had to deal with sh*t in the past about their sexuality so they can deal with a bit of what they call 'banter'. Whereas with lesbians it's different, most heterosexual men love the thought of 2 women having sex & want to join in. It's only when they realise they won't be offered is when they'll start hurling abuse at them aswell.

Gay people includes gay women (just to be clear).

I think both gay men and women can have a difficult time - not always in the same ways but difficult none the less. Even though some men do fantasise about lesbians that doesn't stop them from being incredibly offensive when they meet real gay women. It isn't a competition though - the experiences of homophobia that gay people have are all distressing and all unnecessary.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that gay men are more likely to be subject to random abuse/assaults by strangers than gay women are. Men are far more likely to hit other men than they are women.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that BB. There are some real idiots out there.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

Wow i hope you don't let those scum knock your confidence.>:( I wish more gay people would take a type of martial art training or something to kick ass when confronted by bigoted thugs. In fact most people from all walks of life might benefit from some sort of self defense training, we would soon see if thugs still felt so tough.
  • Options
    bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesbian women get an easier time than gay men mainly because many straight men like the idea of two women together imo.

Straight men like the idea of two women together but not really lesbian - just playing with each other for his gratification and then letting him hop on. The reality is that lesbians would not be the least bit interested in a straight man sexually. So I think it's actually extremely hot and slightly bisexual women that men fantasize about.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve781 wrote: »
    Homosexuals are estimated to make up between 2 and 3 percent of the population. When looking at how such a disproportionate number hold prominent positions in the media and in politics I would dispute that they have it particularly hard.

I think it's closer to just under 20%.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I think it's closer to just under 20%.

My guess is About 10% for just gay people and add maybe 5% for bisexuals, so overall im guessing 15%.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    How about when it happens in a straight bar? Inappropriate no?

WTF is a straight bar?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    WTF is a straight bar?

I assume Roger thinks gay people do not go in "normal" bars and they all hang out together in their own place,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    WTF is a straight bar?
    It's a place where lesbians go when they want some hot man lovin' off Roger, I assume :D
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    I assume Roger thinks gay people do not go in "normal" bars and they all hang out together in their own place,
    It's a place where lesbians go when they want some hot man lovin' off Roger, I assume :D

Perhaps Roger is talking about An Inanimate Carbon Rod
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe if there are any lesbians viewing this today you could hook up with Roger let us know if he is as good as he says he is.
  • Options
    roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if there are any lesbians viewing this today you could hook up with Roger let us know if he is as good as he says he is.

I married nowadays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I married nowadays.

Well good to see you are loyal to your lady Roger.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the thread title, was that intentional?