Is Scrubs cancelled yet?

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
I loved Scrubs up until the end of season 8 (which in my opinion was the end)

Season 9 was a pathetic attempt at carrying it on

So has it got the chop yet?

Comments

• LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it has
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LARulz wrote: »
    Yeah it has

Thank god for that :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From wiki
    "Cancellation
    The season nine finale, entitled "Our Thanks", aired March 17, 2010. Five days later, on March 22, 2010, Zach Braff announced, via the Official Facebook Page, that the ninth season of Scrubs would be the last, commenting that it was worth a try, but it had not worked; "Many of you have asked, so here it is: it appears that "New Scrubs", "Scrubs 2.0", "Scrubs with New Kids", "Scrubbier", "Scrubs without JD" is no more. It was worth a try, but alas... it didn't work." [48]. However, ABC has yet to announce the cancellation officially
    "
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaccob wrote: »
    From wiki
    "Cancellation
    The season nine finale, entitled "Our Thanks", aired March 17, 2010. Five days later, on March 22, 2010, Zach Braff announced, via the Official Facebook Page, that the ninth season of Scrubs would be the last, commenting that it was worth a try, but it had not worked; "Many of you have asked, so here it is: it appears that "New Scrubs", "Scrubs 2.0", "Scrubs with New Kids", "Scrubbier", "Scrubs without JD" is no more. It was worth a try, but alas... it didn't work." [48]. However, ABC has yet to announce the cancellation officially
    "

So thats Zach Braff gone then, if Bill Lawrence has any respect for the show, he would end it now
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be buying a Season 1-8 boxset of the show, as I refuse to acknowledge the ninth season. The eighth season finale wraps it up beautifully, and that's how I'll remember it (and is also how it should have been left) :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have to watch Season 9 as a standalone spinoff to be honest.

It did pick up towards the end as well .. i wouldn't have objected to a second (10th) season ..
  • TrellyTrelly Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree end of season 8 was the perfect goodbye, 9 was just bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have to watch Season 9 as a standalone spinoff to be honest.

It did pick up towards the end as well .. i wouldn't have objected to a second (10th) season ..

I honestly would have found it awful in it's own right. It was just poor and the characters were nowhere near as likeable for me. I even enjoyed the old regulars' parts less as they just didn't gel as well with the newbies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    I'll be buying a Season 1-8 boxset of the show, as I refuse to acknowledge the ninth season. The eighth season finale wraps it up beautifully, and that's how I'll remember it (and is also how it should have been left) :)

Yeah, "My Finale" showed that even with JD gone, Sacred Heart would just keep going, like it did before he arrived and the finale scenes were some of the best of the whole series

Then Season 9 opens with, "Oh we gotz a new hospital when I left, so everything changed afterall!"
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Then Season 9 opens with, "Oh we gotz a new hospital when I left, so everything changed afterall!"

Or it was easier to build a new set :rolleyes: there is no-way they could of built that pretty awesome lecture hall set in the old hospital they used for eight years.

I agree with JasonWatkins on this, first episodes were terrible, especially with J.D. in them. Soon as he and Elliot left the show improved.
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Bill Lawrence had got his way and had been allowed to do a proper spin off called Med School it would have worked as the last few episodes were fairly good. The problem was the network wanted it to be able to be tacked onto the scrubs syndication rights hence it being season 9 of scrubs rather than med school season 1.

Due to this at the start it was too much about jd and repeating the previous seasons rather than setup the new setup and charachters
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    jaccob wrote: »
    From wiki
    "Cancellation
    "

Carrying a show on without the original cast is a major no no for any tv show. Only soaps and Doctor who can get away with cast changes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, "My Finale" showed that even with JD gone, Sacred Heart would just keep going, like it did before he arrived and the finale scenes were some of the best of the whole series

Well it was an old abandoned hospital that was then used for 8 years, I'd imagine it was probably torn down before ABC confirmed a 9th season.
    musicdude wrote: »
    Carrying a show on without the original cast is a major no no for any tv show. Only soaps and Doctor who can get away with cast changes

Or shows like ER swap cast around quite often.

Anyway I thought S9 was okay. I didn't expect much from it. A somewhat gallant attempt by Lawrence to a) not let his franchise be ruined to pieces (as ABC were going to do it anyway and as bad as you may think it was imagine if it was run by someone else with completely new characters) and b) keep people in work.
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Old hospital is still standing AshSan.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aw. I'm waiting for it to air in the UK so Nicky Whelan will be back on my TV. I hope she gets another role quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Aw. I'm waiting for it to air in the UK so Nicky Whelan will be back on my TV. I hope she gets another role quickly.

Apparently E4 haven't picked it up, so you may be waiting a while.

In the meantime, i hope this satisfys your Nicky Whelan urges:p: http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=Nicky+Whelan&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=vxPsS-iID4H40wSjoOzsBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQsAQwAA

:D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »

I'm aware of those photos, but it never hurts to post them again! She's so bloody hot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    remlap wrote: »
    Or it was easier to build a new set :rolleyes: there is no-way they could of built that pretty awesome lecture hall set in the old hospital they used for eight years.

Sure, but when has show ever changed 70% of its characters, changed its location, changed the feel (S9 was way to bright and sunny), changed the focus and got away with it?

Also the show suffered without The Janitor, Carla and Ted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't been officially dis-continued, but the season 9 DVD is called 'Ninth & Final Season'

People keep bitching about season 9 but if you watch it it's actually not bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Officially cancelled by ABC this morning. So yes...yes it has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, shame they didnt axe it for good after S8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't been officially dis-continued, but the season 9 DVD is called 'Ninth & Final Season'

People keep bitching about season 9 but if you watch it it's actually not bad.

I've watched it. It is that bad. It's all personal taste at the end of the day, and I hated it.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last couple of episodes were actually decent.

Cole despite starting as a very annoying character grew into his role and was much better by the end.

Lucy was horribly miscast though and was annoying throughout.

I want a Bob Kelso spin off now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the majority of season 9, the only good characters were Dr. Cox and Denise