did michael ball ever have an affair?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
Forum Member
did michael ball ever have an affair behind his partner cathy's back because i've seen photos of him in concert
kissing a lot of women:eek:

Comments

• Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    possibly. he is a musician and on the road a lot. unless she comes with
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour has it ...he had an affair with the son of a very famous royal potato.....no names...;)
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought he was impotent.....have no idea how iknow this.:confused::confused:
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's married to a woman? I don't know why, but I always assumed he was gay.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought he was impotent.....have no idea how iknow this.:confused::confused:
    Didn't he have some accident that affected his privates or something? I have no idea how I know this either!:confused:
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soullover wrote: »
    Didn't he have some accident that affected his privates or something? I have no idea how I know this either!:confused:

Mumps I thought it was.

Also I'm not sure he's full on gay, but think he likes to help them out when they're short staffed!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member

Parachuting accident at 18, must have been a dreadful time.
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evie-Grace wrote: »
    Parachuting accident at 18, must have been a dreadful time.

You were right sounds awful!:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek: and double :eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been having a passionate love affair with his ego for years.
    Forum Member
    He's been having a passionate love affair with his ego for years.

lol!! So have a lot of performers (kinda goes with the territory) MB is no worse than many, and better than alot.:)
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ppaupy wrote: »
    Rumour has it ...he had an affair with the son of a very famous royal potato.....no names...;)

They make very good chips btw:)
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like many theatre stars he's very.......camp.

I am sure he is very accommodating to his fans, possibly of both sexes. Who knows.......:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He comes across as a very tactile touchy-feely type of bloke, almost to the point of sleaziness. I wouldn't be surprised if he groped a few women at shows to be perfectly honest!

I believe he's a bit of a diva too - he refuses to speak for hours before concerts to 'preserve his voice', and makes dismissive hand gestures if anyone tries to communicate verbally with him.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    He's not married to her (she's old enough to be his mother) and has never been married... from my understanding she took him under her wing after interviewing him while he'd been going through some sort of depression and a period of stage-fright and I saw somewhere ages ago that she saved his sanity as she understood what he was going through and I have read several times that she's his 'beard' whatever that means!!!!

Seemingly he's quite fond of one of the guys who didn't become Joseph!!! ;) Like someone said, he had a parachute accident where his nether regions got damaged.... and re kissing women, even gays enjoy kissing women... including John Barrowman!!! Michael has loads of women who follow him around the country (his Ballettes) and hang about at stage doors and he'll kiss them...
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »

He has been with Cathy McGowan since the early 1990s. She is 19 years his senior and they have never married. Comes across as being more of a companionship than anything else.

She was previously divorced and has a child by her first marriage.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not married to her (she's old enough to be his mother) and has never been married... from my understanding she took him under her wing after interviewing him while he'd been going through some sort of depression and a period of stage-fright and I saw somewhere ages ago that she saved his sanity as she understood what he was going through and I have read several times that she's his 'beard' whatever that means!!!!

Seemingly he's quite fond of one of the guys who didn't become Joseph!!! ;) Like someone said, he had a parachute accident where his nether regions got damaged.... and re kissing women, even gays enjoy kissing women... including John Barrowman!!! Michael has loads of women who follow him around the country (his Ballettes) and hang about at stage doors and he'll kiss them...

Ballettes! :D
    S'true, John Barrowman is happy to kiss anything that moves....wonder what his followers are called! Barrowgirls?

A good friend of mine is long-term friends with someone who co-starred with him in a musical. Apparently, he was a bit 'me me me' and a diva. The person in question couldn't wait until their own stint in the musical was finished.
  • lewisHlewisH Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met him at the stage door after Hairspray. He was so kind to all his fans, and even posed with the kids for photos. He made sure everyone who wanted to speak to him had their chance and was in no hurry to go. Really lovely guy. :)

ps. I think the JB fans call themselves the Johnettes :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    i heard rumors that michael and prince edward had a gay affair:eek::eek:
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    halecomet wrote: »
    i heard rumors that michael and prince edward had a gay affair:eek::eek:

Blimey your subtle lol, I think ppaupy gave a much more cryptic clue earlier in the thread below but you've let the cat out of the bag now :D Like another poster said I was surprised when I found out he was married to a woman as well
    ppaupy wrote: »
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »

A good friend of mine is long-term friends with someone who co-starred with him in a musical. Apparently, he was a bit 'me me me' and a diva. The person in question couldn't wait until their own stint in the musical was finished.

JB or MB.......would be interested to know which musical?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you mad? Hes as gay as Christmas!
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey your subtle lol, I think ppaupy gave a much more cryptic clue earlier in the thread below but you've let the cat out of the bag now :D Like another poster said I was surprised when I found out he was married to a woman as well

Yes but that clue made no sense! I was trying to think who King Edward was:confused:
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Hardly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I am a professional performer in musical theatre and have been in productions with Michael Ball and know him reasonably well. I make no comment on his private life, that is entirely his own affair. But you need to spend about 60 seconds in the company of Mike and Cathy to see that they are clearly, and genuinely, devoted to each other and make each other very happy. He is a wonderful step-father and step-grandfather and his family all adore him. There is nothing ‘artificial’ about his home life.

On a professional level, here I do feel moved to defend him. He is a superb company leader and is always generous with his time and advice. Indeed the younger members of the company tend to follow him around like besotted sheep. I have never heard a ‘me me me’ type phrase in all the years I’ve known him, well not one meant seriously anyway. He is wonderfully tactile but never in a sleazy way and he always shows complete respect for the women in the company. He does enjoy kissing women and he does have a wicked sense of humour.

The one comment that I must take issue with is “I believe he's a bit of a diva too - he refuses to speak for hours before concerts to 'preserve his voice', and makes dismissive hand gestures if anyone tries to communicate verbally with him.”
    This is complete and utter nonsense. In 2009 he invited cameras backstage to film the buildup to his Royal Albert Hall concert, the minutes, and indeed seconds, before going on. He was his usual funny and supportive self. In fact he seeks out people to talk to in the moments before performing on any stage as a counter to nerves. He is the least precious person vocally I know, and believe me I know some who would easily fit the description in quotation marks.

It is very easy to fire barbs at people you don’t know, we are all guilty of it. But this one doesn’t deserve it. If I needed to depend on a colleague for help during a performance, a kind word or an understanding wink or someone to fill in a forgotten line, I would choose Michael Ball over any other person in musical theatre. He is kindness and talent and grace and patience personified.