If Leona duets with Matt next week, it could really help him to win!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
A powerful song full of high reaching notes and whistle registers by both strong singers could really make Matt the winner!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I really hope they do sing together, I think it would be amazing and their voices would complement each other's :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat-flap wrote: »
    I really hope they do sing together, I think it would be amazing and their voices would complement each other's :D

I agree - imagine them singing "the first time I ever saw your face" together!
  • titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Leona duet with someone.
  • pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Dogs for miles around would head for the studio!
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be the perfect duet. They would hit those high notes beautifully. I can see it already.

Is Leona definitely in the final next week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it wouldn't. Unless Leona holds back, singing next to Leona will reveal Matt's vocal weaknesses. Matt's a good singer but he can't hold his own against Leona. That is, of course, unless Leona reigns in her huge voice.
  • foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy90 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't. Unless Leona holds back, singing next to Leona will reveal Matt's vocal weaknesses. Matt's a good singer but he can't hold his own against Leona. That is, of course, unless Leona reigns in her huge voice.

Agree......Leona would certainly outshine Matt.

I'd like to see her sing with One Direction :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foonk wrote: »
    Agree......Leona would certainly outshine Matt.

I'd like to see her sing with One Direction :D

She would sing circles around them. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would sing circles around them. :D

You're joking! They are like a quintet of nightingales:D
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loads of people said that about Alexandra and Beyonca's duet two years ago, yet that duet practically won the show for Alex. It was her winning moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it would remind the public of Matt's Bleeding Love performance...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Loads of people said that about Alexandra and Beyonca's duet two years ago, yet that duet practically won the show for Alex. It was her winning moment.

Alexandra doesn't have Beyonce's range, no where near, even, but she's a powerful singer, like Beyonce. Their styles compliment each others.

Matt on the other hand, lacks Leona's vocal power. Especially in the high notes. I'm not trying to bash Matt, but I honestly don't think a duet with Leona would be in his best interests.
    Forum Member
    Alexandra doesn't have Beyonce's range, no where near, even, but she's a powerful singer, like Beyonce. Their styles compliment each others.

Matt on the other hand, lacks Leona's vocal power. Especially in the high notes. I'm not trying to bash Matt, but I honestly don't think a duet with Leona would be in his best interests.

You clearly haven't heard Matt sing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Matt has nowhere near the power of Leona vocally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have. He starts using his falsetto too low in his range. And as a result, his upper notes are incredibly thin. Leona's falsetto would simply roar over his, unless her mic is turned down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love this to happen!

I think a Matt/Leona duet would focus more on their tones though. They both have gorgeous gorgeous tones and I think they'd compliment each other, and I think he can hold his own against her. Plus she's a big name, it'd be good for him :)
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really like matt but dont like the girlie sounds and high stuff i want a man song :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a perfect duet for Matt would be someone like Cobbie Caillet, sarah mclachlan, or Alanis morissette, if we're going for a female duet partner. All are good singers that could compliment matt really well.

I don't know how popular any of my choices are in the UK, so that might be a problem.
    Forum Member
    I have. He starts using his falsetto too low in his range. And as a result, his upper notes are incredibly thin. Leona's falsetto would simply roar over his, unless her mic is turned down.

Maybe, I don't know, I really don't know much about singing just what's out of tune :p I just feel they'd be really good together because they've both got really good range but no one would compare them like alex and beyonce as they are male and female and got completely different styles of voices.

But you might be right, I just hope Matt's amazing! :D