Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Ruth did to Zoe and Charlie was well outta order so she should expect people to not be best pleased and react to it. If the only way to make her see sense is as you put it " bullying" then so be it. If you can't make someone understand by being civil then play them at their own game and play as dirty as needs be to win.

You can't play at being bitch and not expect that at some point someone is not gonna wanna take you down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    What Ruth did to Zoe and Charlie was well outta order so she should expect people to not be best pleased and react to it. If the only way to make her see sense is as you put it " bullying" then so be it. If you can't make someone understand by being civil then play them at their own game and play as dirty as needs be to win.

You can't play at being bitch and not expect that at some point someone is not gonna wanna take you down.

If you do 'play someone at their own game' though than surely that makes you as bad as the person you're getting your own back on.

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth would make for several blind toothless people"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do 'play someone at their own game' though than surely that makes you as bad as the person you're getting your own back on.

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth would make for several blind toothless people"

You've read my posts on here, do you really think being as bad as the person that needs to be taught a lesson is some thing that bothers me?

The deed might be as bad as the original out of orderness but it doesn't make you as bad as the bad person. If the original person ends up blind and toothless they only have themselves to blame
  • Options
    NonamooseNonamoose Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gunner 51 wrote: »
    True that there's always one numpty in management, but making their lives miserable to the point of suicide is bullying no matter which way you slice it.

It happened with Ruth once before last Christmas. She tried to hang herself because of the abysmal treatment that the awful Dr Sarah Evans subjected her to. In addition to this - Ruth was also being treated like c**p by everyone else in the ED.

But to push a woman to suicide twice in as many years by treating someone like c**p (even if said person is but a mere character - and a very well played and written character) is just plain unconscionable on the part of the ED whose behavior was part of reason why Ruth tried to hang herself in the first place.

I'd better end this post because I'm rambling now. :)

Ruth's attempted suicide was not because of Sarah Evans, neither for that matter was it because of the ED staff. Sarah Evan's wasn't even in the storyline then. Also, it wasn't last Christmas, it was about 3 years ago... not that the time makes a difference.

Ruth tried to hang herself because she kept misdiagnosing patients and blaming it on other people. She misdiagnosed someone who later died and that's when she tried to kill herself. Also around the same time, her dad manipulated her into switching blood phials so that he could get off with a drunk driving charge and Ruth thought he'd changed but she realised he just wanted off the charge. Lastly, she was interested romantically in the head of the haematology lab who rebuffed her, it all compounded into her suicide attempt.

The ED staff and Sarah Evans had nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 8 January
    Time to be confirmed BBC ONE

Kirsty's bruising secret is about to be uncovered by Adam, Jordan is kidnapped at knife-point and Ruth's behaviour worries Tess as the medical drama continues.

Kirsty is feeling the effects of Warren's latest beating. Adam is suspicious and concerned but she refuses to be drawn about the cause of her aching back. Suspecting possible fractures, Kirsty secretly arranges an X-ray on her injuries but Adam discovers the results first and confronts her about Warren's abuse. Warren later arrives with flowers for Kirsty and Adam tries to play it cool, but when Kirsty arrives home to find Warren waiting alone, she is terrified that trouble is brewing.

Jordan is forced into the back of a van at knifepoint by Liam, who drives him to a disused warehouse where Britney Carter (the cyclist from the car accident in last week's episode) has been stabbed in the neck.

She refuses to go to hospital in case the gang who attacked her tracks them down. Although Jordan manages to stabilise her, he warns Britney that she could die in an instant and she agrees to go to the ED while Liam flees. Henry is impressed with Jordan's dedication and surgical work in such difficult circumstances but will he change his mind and open the surgical position to an application from Jordan?

Meanwhile, Tess tries to convince the gang that they should offer Ruth some support after what happened with Edward. But Ruth, tyrannical as ever, becomes obsessed over a missing audit book. Tess finds it, but instead of facts and figures, it is filled with ramblings and doodles...
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    ^
    Sounds good - like that it is focussing on more than one storyline.
    nick getting kidnapped!! sounds great xD
    reading that made me think... Tess hasn't been in the show for quite a while has she?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nonamoose wrote: »
    Ruth's attempted suicide was not because of Sarah Evans, neither for that matter was it because of the ED staff. Sarah Evan's wasn't even in the storyline then. Also, it wasn't last Christmas, it was about 3 years ago... not that the time makes a difference.

Ruth tried to hang herself because she kept misdiagnosing patients and blaming it on other people. She misdiagnosed someone who later died and that's when she tried to kill herself. Also around the same time, her dad manipulated her into switching blood phials so that he could get off with a drunk driving charge and Ruth thought he'd changed but she realised he just wanted off the charge. Lastly, she was interested romantically in the head of the haematology lab who rebuffed her, it all compounded into her suicide attempt.

The ED staff and Sarah Evans had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the refresher, mind you my memory is a little fuzzy because the time just before Ruth's suicide attempt was when I started to really get into Casualty. Though I didn't know that was three years ago - I guess time flies when you start to like a series.

Though I was sure that Sarah Evans was in the storyline then, who was some surgical big-wig who didn't like Ruth from the get-go. (Even going as far as telling her to get rid of her slight Yorkshire accent.)

The bit with Dr Dom (or Dr Doom - as I remember people calling him) I do remember calling him in-series. I know that was a contributing factor for Ruth's suicide attempt. (Which was something of an ommission born of laziness on my part.) Though I didn't know Ruth had falsified her father's blood test - in fact I don't remember her dad having a blood test at all.

But I shall learn this of your post - I should be paying attention to the storyline instead of daydreaming about the good Doctor Winters. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Nonamoose wrote: »
    So she's always been a charmer then. ;)
    ^
    Sounds good - like that it is focussing on more than one storyline.
    nick getting kidnapped!! sounds great xD
    reading that made me think... Tess hasn't been in the show for quite a while has she?
    Bit of deja vu for Nick though, his son-that-wasn't made off with him once too, didn't he? Not that I'm complaining as long as he's in it.
  • Options
    soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
    Forum Member
    Enjoying Lenny's story with his sister and looking forward to how that's going to pan out now he's lied about the test:eek: So impressed with Jeff - glad they wrapped that story this week but missing Jordan - when is he back?:confused:
  • Options
    carlagcarlag Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I think the sooner Edward and Ruth separate, the better, Edward should be with James and Ruth should be with Jay! :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carlag wrote: »
    I think the sooner Edward and Ruth separate, the better, Edward should be with James and Ruth should be with Jay! :-)

I have to agree with you there. The sooner Ruth gets happier, the better IMO. :D
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by carlag
    Gunner 51 wrote: »
    I have to agree with you there. The sooner Ruth gets happier, the better IMO. :D
    Quite agree :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sooner Ruth and the ED separate the better. Then she'll have more time to dedicate to her Churchill stunt stand in work. Oh yuss
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Where is Yuki?

I luv Jeff :D he is great, he showed that chav up :D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeff is fab :D

Yeh we haven't seen Yuki for ages :(
  • Options
    soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
    Forum Member
    I think this week's episode
    is his last...:(
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    just watched saturday's episode. I know it's dramatic license - but surely the exercise book and everything else in that buried tin box would be sodden and waterlogged!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    just watched saturday's episode. I know it's dramatic license - but surely the exercise book and everything else in that buried tin box would be sodden and waterlogged!
    I know what you mean. I was convinced that I saw the speedometer in Oscar Goldman's car reading 58.8 MPH and not 60 when he was following Steve Austin
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    So I'm sure I read
    This Saturday Yuki dies somehow. Kinda sad for the actor they've not used him for months yet he comes back to die
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean. I was convinced that I saw the speedometer in Oscar Goldman's car reading 58.8 MPH and not 60 when he was following Steve Austin

hmmmm :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    hmmmm :yawn:

Yes, Oscar did look a little tired sometimes but I guess rebuilding a man will do that to you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    So I'm sure I read
    This Saturday Yuki dies somehow. Kinda sad for the actor they've not used him for months yet he comes back to die

WHAT ?! :eek:

I hope this isn't true, I want him to stay forever and ever - he's a brilliant doctor, albeit a bit quiet, but a great doctor nonetheless.
    And I like his friendship with Lenny,
    don't wuna miss that.
    I thought he'd just been loitering around CDU with his microscope and making li'l discoveries, and would be back soon.
    How'd you hear about this by the way? Is it in the spoilers?

:)
  • Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT ?! :eek:

I hope this isn't true, I want him to stay forever and ever - he's a brilliant doctor, albeit a bit quiet, but a great doctor nonetheless.
    And I like his friendship with Lenny,
    don't wuna miss that.
    I thought he'd just been loitering around CDU with his microscope and making li'l discoveries, and would be back soon.
    How'd you hear about this by the way? Is it in the spoilers?

:)

Yuki leaving has been mentioned a few times in this thread, - and it's on the holby.tv site.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Wasn't sure if it had been mentioned started reading from page 5 or 6 so spoilered it just in case
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh, okay, thanks for that, i haven't been on the forum in ages, and read back pages, so will start! :p

why did he leave, was he axed?
    i hadn't heard anything about it,
    ah, i wish he'd just leave so he could come back, and not be impossible to now.
    he was quite pretty too, methinkis :o:D

The spoilers for the new year episode and week after sound good, looking forward to those episodes.

Just remembered last xmas/new year storyline, jess and baby harry - hope we don't have anything similar this year, could do without sadness and deaths around xmas time
    (ah, how likely is that to happen on tv ey):p
    lol,
This discussion has been closed.