Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 152)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ***10,000 Posts***

After eleven months I've made ....:eek: 10,000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've said before I've laughed, got mad and cried while on here, so I'm that I found this thread to share my thoughts with like minded people. :D

We all love Christian

We all love Syed

We all love Chryed

And well ....I love all of you!!♥♥♥ :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    hi gang- read this http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/apr/08/boy-george-friend-attacked?CMP=twt_gu and thought it might be something that people might find interesting. It's very sad, though. Hope everyone had a lovely Saturday :)
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CONGRATULATIONS DitzyLady:)

And happy birthday Katie:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Ditzy :D xx
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At Last wrote: »
    Ok, I'm trying to watch Spiral and read the thread. Not easy

Also, I quickly looked into the Aaron thread because I sometimes dip my head in and out of the s/l to see what's up and stuff. Very sad s/l:( Anyway came across this. See bottom of post http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=49323582&postcount=1765

Thanks for that - interesting and a nice comment. I feel so sorry for them, and as I've never watched ED - I am so glad I didn't make an exception and follow it because it sounds utterly heartbreaking. :(
    gemchryed wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for fans of Aarson, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into did they :(? I wouldn't say Chryed are aimed at an older audience at all!! More mature maybe? I'd say you've got to be able to appreciate the whole religious and cultural aspect to fully enjoy Chryed

I do too. I think it is a case of, (from what I have read) the 'coming out' part of the Aaron story was the main thing, and there was no long term aim to make them a couple? Wasn't it a case that as soon as they said they loved each other - the accident happened, so they have somehow circumnavigated the whole sex aspect? Not sure apologies if I am wrong.

I think we had two distinct advantages - first and foremost - Chryed were billed as a 'love story' from the very start, the fact that EE is set in the East end with a much great cultural mix meant that the gay muslim issue could be explored, and then the fact that it was the Romeo and Romeo conception of DTC that was very much the driving force and he was instrumental in making sure they got together. *kisses DTC's feet*. And yes, you do need to be able to appreciate the religious/cultural bit. They got it a bit wrong with the love triangle aspect, and making poor old ATO pregnant IMO but we have still done very well.

I also think it helps that Johnny is gay and is such a great role model, Marc is tremendously comfortable with his TV lover, ;) and the electric epic chemistry. By the way, I don't mean that gay actors automatically play gay men better (obviously that would be an unfair generalisation, BBM etc) but I think the fact that he has a vested interest, quite naturally, as a gay man, in wanting to be part of a positive portrayal - this is an enormous natural advantage to us.

I don't think it is aimed at an older audience - not sure about that comment, perhaps it's just that Chryed are also older men, it seems this way to some people. :) Maybe Aaron and Jackson appeal to a younger audience of men - I can see why this would be.

We are so, so lucky....:)
    katie10 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! :)

been very busy today as it's my birthday wooo been shopping up bluewater (love it there :D)
    so glad we had chryed in the week leading up to my birthday....what more could a chryedian ask for :D

tried to skim through a few pages to see any new info....did we get any more other than the AAS scans?
    it's all very interesting and I LOVE that christian cares so much for syed awwwwwwww

Happy Birthday!! xxx
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    loool thanks for the happy birthdays :) I get what you mean though Lovewillprevail I always read everyones posts so quickly it's ridiculous lool

Im gonna sound so crazy now but when I was blowing out my candles I thought of when syed was blowing his out when he went home after the "perfect moment" although we what he wished for and what I wished for were both different loool :P
  • Options
    cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ditzy congrats:)
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Not that I really care too much about the jockeys (not that I don't care about human welfare obviously!) but they get seriously hurt too, why would you want to put yourself through that!? I just don't like it at all, there's more pictures here, they just look horrendous!!

BIB: I think this too! I've changed my post now, it sounds as though I'm saying older people shouldn't enjoy Chryed :o When obviously we have older posters on here so I know that they do :D

It's just awful, as humans we have a duty to protect animals with a lesser intelligence and those horses have just been used to the point that two of them are now dead for 15 minutes of human enoyment :( I feel really ashamed for wanting to place a bet earlier :o

Oh, yeah, I know what you meant :D I mean the poster in that post isn't necessarily right because Chryed appeal to all ages :) I think there are people as young as 13 on Summer's FB page and a lot of older posters on here, I love that Chryedians have such a wide diversity but are brought together by our love of Chryed :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to write my appreciation comment for the ABRC but I'm finding it really difficult :o

ETA: Does this sound ok?
    Fantastic performances from all involved in the roof collapse, particularly John Partridge and Marc Elliott, an amazing pair of actors. The portrayal of Christian and Syed's relationship has been beautifully done and I was incredibly moved by their scenes this week.

I feel like I need to conclude it in some way, it's ridiculous how much I care about 350 characters :rolleyes:
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ditzy Lady wrote: »
    ***10,000 Posts***

As I've said before I've laughed, got mad and cried while on here, so I'm that I found this thread to share my thoughts with like minded people. :D

We all love Christian

We all love Syed

We all love Chryed

Big Congrats on your 10,000th post Ditzy!! xxx:D
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Ditzy :):D xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ***10,000 Posts***

We all love Christian

We all love Syed

We all love Chryed

Congratulations ♥
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ***10,000 Posts***

We all love Christian

We all love Syed

We all love Chryed

Congratulations! :D
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Ditzy :)
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they just mean that Aaron is a teenager, and Jackson's only in his early twenties- at least, biologically. Mentally after everything they'll be about 50- and Aaron's coming out story was very relatable to young people. Obviously older people, particularly gay men who've had that sort of experience, can relate, too, but I can see how it can be seen as being aimed at a younger audience. Christian/Syed are two fully-grown men in a relationship, which is actually quite rare in a soap if you think about it. JP/Craig, Sophie/Sian and Aaron/Jackson, the other three big soap same-sex couples, were/are teenage couples. There's Ste/Brendan, too, but that's not, from my reading of it, a real relationship as such- I don't know, I've not seen a second of it and don't know anything except Brendan's got some dodgy facial hair. So to see two 'grown-ups' in a happy, healthy long-term same-sex relationship is pretty unique in soap terms. Honestly, if they got more screentime, they'd be such a fabulous representation of a gay couple. They still are, but the fact that EE, by and large, has kept them in the background since they became a real couple does take away from the amazing job they've done of developing this great, normal relationship.

Good post. I give credit to EE for how they have portrayed Chryed in the limited:( screen time they have had...you can tell they are a couple...they haven't shied away from the fact they are a couple who have sex...and they are generally seen with their arms around each other, hugging, etc It is just that pesky screen time again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    wow congratulations Ditzy! I can't wait for the day I can say that as well :D
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ditzy :)
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to write my appreciation comment for the ABRC but I'm finding it really difficult :o

Fantastic performances from all involved in the roof collapse, particularly John Partridge and Marc Elliott, an amazing pair of actors. The portrayal of Christian and Syed's relationship has been beautifully done and I was incredibly moved by their scenes this week.

I feel like I need to conclude it in some way, it's ridiculous how much I care about 350 characters :rolleyes:

That's a fab comment hun :) It's so difficult to write everything you want to in 350 characters!!!
  • Options
    At LastAt Last Posts: 4,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fab post - and yours starfish - wonderful.

I'm conflicted about Mas, I admit it - I can see your point here very clearly - but I also read other things into it at the time. I thought that Mas saw his son as desperate - and Mas understood that feeling (openly or not) there was some decent loving human understanding here - he really wanted to help Syed, he couldn't let it go so far.

But Zainab was totally impossible - she burned the clothes, she refused to have him back, Mas here didn't know what to do - he just wanted to leave it all behind. Zainab was willing to go to the wall - she told him to leave her. It's all a bit hazy in my mind, the order of events, but what I got from it was that it was impossible for Mas to help Syed on his terms, it had to be on Zainabs, when she was ready and willing. She asserted herself horribly. Mas caved.

And Mas 'takes on' the attitudes thrust upon him, and then, when she softens or changes her mind, she looks like the 'kind one'.

I'm not explaining myself well, but I don't think it's JUST that when Syed is no longer the one, Mas feels he can assert himself with Zainab - there is a piece of Mas, the piece we used to love, that is a decent man, that knows Zainab is impossibly damaged and wrong, that is terribly torn about his role and family and how he 'should be' to keep it all together.

This is why I feel Mas is a compromised man, not just weak or bad.

I also think that Zainab only THINKS she wants a strong man - she doesn't - she will only stand for a man who she can ultimately manipulate - because - I think you said this before, or starfish did, she is a bully. She didn't raise her sons to be strong - but dependent and fearful of her disapproval. They are strong in spite of her.

Her ideal man, is a fantasy that would crush her. Might be good for her though. Cue Yusef......

Bib: Haha! Don't worry, Rhumba, you're explaining yourself really well.:) Yes, I would agree with these, and you're right. I hadn't seen this.

I began to understand where Mas was coming from when he had a chat with Jane following the roof collapse. Zainab's wrath cemented that understanding.

I felt for Mas then. He is a man heavily weighed down with impossible expectations. And your interpretation of his kindness towards Syed following the suicide attempt adds to that. I can see his reaching out to Syed was as much as about guilt and fellow-feeling.

Guilt in that, just as Zainab has such high expectations of Syed, so does she have of Masood. But also because as a father he does not do enough to stop Zainab from doing so over and over again. He put his foot down when it came to Tam over university. But he still fails to follow through on this action consistently. Zainab bought the AB, even though they couldn't afford it and Tam didn't want to run it. But still Masood let her do it.

Fellow-feeling because he knows how that weight of expectations can be so crushing as it crushed Syed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ***10,000 Posts***

We all love Christian

We all love Syed

We all love Chryed

Congratulations Twin :) xx ♥
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah that sounds great :D I found it really hard to fit my comment into that box too, I think I ended up with about 348 characters :o
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good comment gem :)
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That sounds fine - very good, actually. Conclude? Just write that you are looking forward to story unfolding or something, but it's great as it is.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OT (kind of) but apparently homosexuality was responsible for the fall of Rome :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I just left it as it was :) I didn't want to look like a Chryedian, just a casual viewer ;):o
This discussion has been closed.