Options

The DASH diet

GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I suffered a minor stroke a couple of weeks ago (slowly recuperating!) and it seems the main cause was my very high blood pressure. Rooting about online I read about something called the DASH diet, a scheme of eating devised by American medics and dieticians with the aim of bringing blood pressure down.

It's not a 'diet' in the sense of specific recipes, more a guide to good and bad foods in this respect. Fewer fats and salt, no surprises there, and more greenery, fish, dried and fresh fruit, nuts, tomatoes. Poultry and game OK, red meat in moderation, processed meats are real 'baddies' (what I wouldn't give for some salami or chorizo!). Vegetarian meals advised two or three times per week.

I was curious to know if anyone else had come across the DASH 'system' and how they found it.

Comments

• Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not dash specifically but what you have written sounds like common sence and what most people should be eating anyway.
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    I have not dash specifically but what you have written sounds like common sence and what most people should be eating anyway.
    Seconded.