Options

GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would change the fact the police come after you if you steal a car. Most people steal cars. I certainly can't be bothered to try and find my own car all the time.
  • Options
    highwayman_nehighwayman_ne Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    When you start look to the right there is a white portacabin, just get in behind it and go side to side stay in cover. Its easy enough, the only problem is helicopters but an LMG or Minigun makes short work of them, Minigun drops in round 8 or 9. No call ins or anything needed. Also a great way to top up ammo. for free

Hey, that's my spot!

2 of us behind there last night, one on either side. Another guy was trying to get in and becasue he was getting shot i moved to the middle and let him take cover. Only problem was he didn't move afterwards so i was trapped between 2 players unable to shoot anything. :mad:
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leewich wrote: »
    I wish they would change the fact the police come after you if you steal a car. Most people steal cars. I certainly can't be bothered to try and find my own car all the time.

I always use my own car. I actually quite like the fact police think stealing a car is wrong as it encourages you to use your own car. I found due to this I have become quite attached to my own car.

I hope this never changes...
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I always use my own car. I actually quite like the fact police think stealing a car is wrong as it encourages you to use your own car. I found due to this I have become quite attached to my own car.

I hope this never changes...

I know why they have it like it is, to encourage people to use their own cars, but if you are like me and are not too bothered about levelling up or doing missions and prefer to just go around killing other players then it is tedious having to locate the car all the time. I'd prefer the police just left me alone.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, that's my spot!

2 of us behind there last night, one on either side. Another guy was trying to get in and becasue he was getting shot i moved to the middle and let him take cover. Only problem was he didn't move afterwards so i was trapped between 2 players unable to shoot anything. :mad:

yea with two its easier any more and its best if they stay in middle as a sub.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    So let me this straight the patch is now live BUT we have to wait for another patch to get the money? was looking forward to buying an apartment :(

What level do you have to be to do survival games?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    So let me this straight the patch is now live BUT we have to wait for another patch to get the money? was looking forward to buying an apartment :(

What level do you have to be to do survival games?

15 for survival, and they never said anything about a patch they can add the money any time they want
  • Options
    Forum Member
    15 for survival, and they never said anything about a patch they can add the money any time they want

oh man :( i need to earn some extra money im at $70k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    oh man :( i need to earn some extra money im at $70k

get a high lvl friend? racing is a faster way to earn cash
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they can add the money any time they want

I think they will take their sweet old time with this money they owe us all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I know why they have it like it is, to encourage people to use their own cars, but if you are like me and are not too bothered about levelling up or doing missions and prefer to just go around killing other players then it is tedious having to locate the car all the time. I'd prefer the police just left me alone.

Tell you whats tedious ... it's trying to play the game, leveling or doing missions whilst having to avoid idiots who want to cause grief to players by continually shooting them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    update added staff in the banks...you can now rob them like stores....every1 in lobby loses their money

safest place is to carry it around now ...make sure everyone knows as i lost a load when some random robbed the maze bank
    honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell you whats tedious ... it's trying to play the game, leveling or doing missions whilst having to avoid idiots who want to cause grief to players by continually shooting them!

shooting people isnt greifing....destroying their car is

i shoot any1 that comes near me unless they have mic and are asking for help or something

you can also set your respawn point , so you do not respawn near where you die , that way you dont get spawn trapped
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    update added staff in the banks...you can now rob them like stores....every1 in lobby loses their money

safest place is to carry it around now ...make sure everyone knows as i lost a load when some random robbed the maze bank
    honest

Hmm, I'll hold judgement on this as I think it's BS. I'll happily be proved wrong though.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member

honest

If true, that would be the worst change to a game ever.

Since day one the game has been telling you to bank your money if you are carrying over $5000.

If your money can now vanish at any time, I imagine most gamers will walk away from GTA Online - it would make saving for anything expensive impossible.

[Edit} Nothing in the change logs about banks becoming available, so I'm deffo calling BS on this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol...read the spoiler... i was joking ....but believe it please...i hate killing people and not getting a wad of cash droppped....

they should make 5k the minimum deposit
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just did the 'Pier Pressure' mission for Gerald, after the patch the payout is now $750.

There isn't even any point in doing it for that little amount.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just did the 'Pier Pressure' mission for Gerald, after the patch the payout is now $750.

There isn't even any point in doing it for that little amount.

What a joke, might as well hold up a store, you'll get double that for less work. I did Pier Pressure ages ago, can't remember the payout but $750 is taking the piss.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    lol...read the spoiler... i was joking ....but believe it please...i hate killing people and not getting a wad of cash droppped....

they should make 5k the minimum deposit

Well you are bang out of luck then because the patch is limiting cash drops to $500.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51603/new-gta-online-title-update.html
    The latest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As promised, this update addresses the remaining issues where some people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as all the other fixes mentioned below:

-Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
    - Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
    - Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
    - Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
    - Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
    - Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
    - Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
    - Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
    - Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
    - Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
    - Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
    - Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
    - Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

Of course, if you're still experiencing any other technical problems, please visit our support website and subscribe to the GTA Online Launch Status article. You can also shoot us a quick message at the Rockstar Support Twitter.

We also encourage you to send any constructive gameplay feedback you have to us at our GTAOnline@rockstargames.com address, as we continue to monitor it for all the latest suggestions for tweaking and improving the experience of GTA Online.

lowered the death penalty, nice:cool:......also...
    Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    THey really are trying to make the Micro Transactions appealing arent they! I wonder what the online would of been like without the MT in mind... properly alot more fun and money for missions would of been higher.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really glad they have lowered the cost upon death in Free Roam (though still don't think there should be a charge at all)

Although the fact they have done that whilst also halving payout from missions kinds of feel like giving with one hand and taking with the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you are bang out of luck then because the patch is limiting cash drops to $500.

im in luck...saves me banking my money every time i get it
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're clearly trying to force microtransactions on people and they should be called out on it. It;s disgusting the way they're trying to force us into spending real money.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I still think Rockstar need two server types, one for the people who just want to dick around in free roam and another for the co-op orientated players who want to level up and work together.

Changing the police as you suggest would spoil my game so I don't want to see that but I can understand why a player like yourself doesn't like that.
    Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

Does that mean the most you lose from dying is $500 or does it mean that is the most you can drop on the floor. Have the medical bills been reduced?