Options

Cold and hard or soft and warm?

Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How do you like your cheese and chocolate?

Me, well I like my cheese at room temp so a bit on the warm side and a bit soft if a proper soft cheese like Brie etc, but I like my chocolate straight from the fridge and rock hard but let it melt in my mouth.

Comments

• Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    How do you like your cheese and chocolate?

Me, well I like my cheese at room temp so a bit on the warm side and a bit soft if a proper soft cheese like Brie etc, but I like my chocolate straight from the fridge and rock hard but let it melt in my mouth.

I'm the exact opposite, I like my cheese straight from the fridge (otherwise I find it gets all sweaty - yuck) and my chocolate at room temperature, or a bit warmer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both from the fridge here
  • Options
    chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was gonna be about boiled eggs..haha.
    Chocolate from the fridge and warm cheese for me too.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cold chocolate, warm/melted cheese.
  • Options
    petral_galpetral_gal Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Room temperature for both please!
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With both cheese and chocolate I like them either cold & straight from the fridge, or hot & melted... Nothing in the middle though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Both at room temperature - the flavours are so much more poignant

My mother puts chocolate in the fridge and I cannot understand why anyone would!! Ruins the taste if eaten straight from imo
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    thought it was going to be about boiled eggs

both cold
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard cheese cold from the fridge, soft cheese warmer not straight from the fridge. I don't eat/like chocolate.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Cheese room temp - I rarely eat chocolate but I don't mind it from the fridge - room temp is more sickly IMO.

Digressing - I like salad room temp as you can taste the tomatoes etc much better - love cold tap water, but my soup, cooked food etc, have to be hot - my Turkish MIL is a great cook but she ( and most of them out there) serve food room temp or like warm. It spoils it for me, even hubby prefers it the way I like it now too. I think it's because they don't like microwaves & can't be bothered to take time to reheat for home cooking.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    petral_gal wrote: »
    Room temperature for both please!

Yeah same here, can't abide cold chocolate.
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocolate at room temperature (unless it's a heat wave, in which case we store it in the fridge just to stop it melting).

Cheese from the fridge (Wensleydale, cheddar and Philly. I guess I'd serve brie at room temperature if I ever bought it, but I don't).

Tomatoes - always kept in a fruit bowl at room temperature. (Tomatoes straight from the fridge taste of nothing).
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese needs a little time to warm up to get the flavours going but not so warm that it starts to melt.

Not too fussed about how my chocolate comes. I'd eat it any way.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both room temp! (part from extra strong cheddar which I love straight from the fridge)

Choc from the fridge is just so wrong.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to eat my cheese straight from the fridge and enjoyed it that way for years.
    I now love it at room temp.
    I like it melted too.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Hate cold chocolate.

Cheese - I don't mind either way. Cold cheddar is nice, as is room-temperature camembert or brie.