Comments

• boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could we forget 'The Crying Game'!
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went with a girlfriend to see the film Iris when it came out. Before it started I said to her "I give it 20 minutes before Kate Winslet in fully nude"

20 Minutes - more like 20 seconds - during the opening credits.

You could have a whole thread on good old Kate.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I posted in another thread that I don't see the point of sex scenes in movies. They hardly ever add anything to the plot.

If people want to see them then put them on the DVD as extras or put them online.
    Thankfully many films are about more than just plot.

If you don't like sex scenes, you could always just close your eyes, plug your ears and say "la-la-la" for 30 seconds. Be warned that you may in fact miss crucial plot points if you do this, though.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,894
    Forum Member
    Well no, I think they're pretty much right.

About 95% of all sex scenes I've ever seen in a film have been needless in terms of plot and - for the longer scenes - brought the film to a crashing halt. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed them. ;-)

Occasionally, sexual content can tell you a lot about a character - and can signify what's happening in a relationship - but these are very rare.

Most of the time they're just a kind of sexy intermission before the film continues as normal.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was quite surprised sorting through some old videos the other day to find that the 1991 French film, Les Amants Du Pont Neuf, has a scene in which the male and female couple run along the beach naked - they are in silhouette, but the male actor is sporting an amusingly upstanding member! It's far too mobile to be prosthetic, bobbing away merrily to the four winds, and I do wonder whether it was the director's intention or if it just, ahem, 'arose' and it was decided to leave it in. And of course, being an arty French film the BBFC had no problem with it.
  • PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the 1970s I lived, for a few years, in Denmark, and went to the cinema to see a couple of extremely well made film comedies that could be be described as hard core Carry On films. They were part of a series whose titles were based on signs of the zodiac.

One of them was about rival record producers trying to sign a, very beautiful, singer, and the other was about a couple of old ladies writing their memoirs.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beautiful Jonathan Groff got fully naked in "Twelve Thirty". It's an absolutely terrible film, but he is handsome as always.

David Bowie is fully nude in "The Man Who Fell to Earth". I've only seen the naked scene, but I've heard the film is pretty bad.
  • rufus oculusrufus oculus Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    The beautiful Jonathan Groff got fully naked in "Twelve Thirty". It's an absolutely terrible film, but he is handsome as always.

David Bowie is fully nude in "The Man Who Fell to Earth". I've only seen the naked scene, but I've heard the film is pretty bad.

Behave!:) TMWFTE is a British classic. Possibly too the only film ever made where we get to see the lead full frontal twice; once with genitals and once without.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I'd care to see David Bowie's bits!
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying American dramas current penchant for 'full arse-al nudity'. There are some cracking scenes in both Homeland and True Detective where attractive women are riding men in the full nude, and you get to see their arse and boobies.

Giggidy.
    Forum Member
    Bart Simpson in The Simpsons The Movie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bart Simpson in The Simpsons The Movie.

Possibly the funniest full frontal ever committed to celluloid!
    Forum Member
    Possibly the funniest full frontal ever committed to celluloid!

Watched it again a few days ago and had forgotten "the reveal" so laughed out loud again. I think you right that it is probably the funniest full frontal ever. I recall it got the biggest laugh when I first saw the movie in the cinema.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The amazingly gorgeous James Frain appears in a fully frontal scene in Vigo: Passion for Life. He is painfully thin (Vigo had TB) in this movie. It's very sad. His co star, Romane Bohringer happily roams around naked too.

James also gets his kit off in Spartacus, but we only get to see his rear. He plays a Jewish slave and a female guest of his master demands to see what a circumcised penis looks like.

Both movies are worth a watch.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thread seems to have moved from mild titilation of full frontal nudity to unsimulated sex scenes.

There's plenty of those scenes in indie and arthouse movies. Even some standard Euopean movies have near on hardcore scenes.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Nadine Velazquez has a full frontal scene at the start of Flight.

I posted in another thread that I don't see the point of sex scenes in movies. They hardly ever add anything to the plot.

If people want to see them then put them on the DVD as extras or put them online.

There are plenty of sites where you can see most of these scenes, whether they are 10 seconds or 10 minutes long.

So you suggest removing entire scenes from films and putting them as extras on DVD's????? Do you not think that might make the films a bit confusing for the rest of us who don't have issues with it?

Basic Instinct would have been about half the length!!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    How will it be confusing if you don't see the scene in the first place?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Behave!:) TMWFTE is a British classic. Possibly too the only film ever made where we get to see the lead full frontal twice; once with genitals and once without.

Blimey! Do they fall off at some point? I must have forgotten that bit. :o
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How will it be confusing if you don't see the scene in the first place?

In terms of continuity. For example Basic Instinct, the sex scenes in that film are very relevant to the plot as it showed you the slightly unhinged personality of Sharon Stone's character. Like the time during one sex scene she got a scarf and for a few seconds the viewer thought that she was going to strangle Michael Douglas with it (as at this point we are meant to think she could possibly be a murderer) but instead she ties his hands with it.

Another film is Disclosure starring Demi Moore & Michael Douglas (ok there are no nude scenes in that film as far as I remember) but the sex scene is important for the viewer to see as it shows Demi forcing herself on Michael's character and it's this scene that drives the rest of the film along. Demi sues him for sexual harassment which the viewer knows is actually the other way around and it's how Michael is going to prove this is the main focus of the film.
    Forum Member
    Blimey! Do they fall off at some point? I must have forgotten that bit. :o

It's the scene in the bathroom where Bowie removes his contact lenses and erm other bits of his anatomy to reveal his true alien self. His girlfriend wets herself when she sees him. :)
  • James_MayJames_May Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen the French film "stranger by the lake"? Fully erect penis jerked off on screen and you see the... Eruption over the stomach, too.
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dreamers
    Y Tu Mamá También
    Baise-moi
    Ken Park
    Destricted
    Shortbus
    Hawaii
    Blue Is the Warmest Colour
    The Idiots
    The Brown Bunny
    Intimacy
    Anatomy of Hell
    Un chant d'amour

Murmur of the Heart features a frontal shot of the then-14 year old Benoît Ferreux.
    Forum Member
    James_May wrote: »
    Anyone seen the French film "stranger by the lake"? Fully erect penis jerked off on screen and you see the... Eruption over the stomach, too.

Thanks for this. Just added the film to my watchlist on Amazon Instant Prime.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I'd care to see David Bowie's bits!

You don't want to see his thin white duke? ;-) :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    His Diamond Dog? His Major Tom? His Laughing Gnome?
    Forum Member
    His Hunky Dory?