'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 152)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
Administrator
Bye :) xx
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1458502

Comments

• LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      New part :) Thanks mods :)

Congratulations Madworld :)
    • cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      yay new thread congrats madworld:D:)

Still cant believe Meryl is 28:eek:
    • hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      congrats Madworld on OP

We are on fire this week :D
    • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      New part already!! Thanks mods :D Congrats everyone :D
      Congrats on the OP MadWorld :D
    • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
      Forum Member
      Wow, new part already?! :eek:

Congrats on the OP Madworld - saying bye to the new thread already though hahaha :D:p
    • heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hi JN. Hi LWP
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      hey all :) yay new thread, congrats MadWorld :D
      had a lovely picnic, the weathers soooo nice!! how are you all? :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,231
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Thanks Mods :D Congrats on OP Madworld :D
    • JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      New part :D What are we expecting tonight for Chryed?
    • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      oooh that genuinely scared me then! Hello Part 152 and congrats to MadWorld - that was an early split! :D:D

Gave me a bit of a shock!
    • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wow - that was a bit of a shock - had a post nearly up and ready to go an' all.:mad:

Anway - whoo hoo new thread, and congrats to Madword:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      JoanneK wrote: »

syed going home , thats all we know:)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks mods and congrats Mads! :D
    • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
      Forum Member
      Worst OP ever! :o:o

Thanks for the congrats everyone :) And thanks for the split mods :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Worst OP ever! :o:o

Thanks for the congrats everyone :) And thanks for the split mods :D

Oh I think you've had worse...............
    • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
      Forum Member
      Oh I think you've had worse...............

Shhhh :o

Well the others were on topic... :p
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,117
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Afternoon :D I was hoping I'd come how to find a new thread :D

Congratulations on the OP MadWorld :D

Did I just read correctly that Meryl is 28 :eek::eek: No way!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
      Forum Member
      New thread already! We're whizzing through them at the moment:D I reckon we'll hit 200 by Reunion anniversary easily:D

Congrats MadWorld:):D
    • LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      hey all :) yay new thread, congrats MadWorld :D
      had a lovely picnic, the weathers soooo nice!! how are you all? :)
      Hey :)
      JoanneK wrote: »
      Hey :)

More than just C bringing S home hopefully!

Hey gem :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      gemchryed wrote: »

afternoon:)
      yeah she said she was in her on set video:eek:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/2011/04/on-set-with-meryl-fernandes.shtml
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      gemchryed wrote: »

:eek::eek: really?!
    • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Hey chryed4ever7971, JoanneK and gem :)
    • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Great post hearsick - yes - Tam and Afia ARE just married and all that - good point.

I absolutely agree with all the oddness about Yusef and Zainab's marriage.

Watching Zainab, it's almost as if she has demonised him in order to excuse her own actions in running off with Masood.

She seems not to want, but does allow for, the idea that the marriage was not all that bad, that there were moments of possibility, affection, understanding.

Her facade of self-righteousness is shored up by her story of herself - the fire 'wiping out' any possiblity of blame for her adultery, and yet the shame has lingered longer, perhaps, than it would have if he had truly been an awful man (not sure about this mind, culture and everything too).

I find it fascinating, though, that she is confused, herself - that speaks volumes to me - it is MAS who is most fearful and angry at his presence.

I sometimes feel (like Afia) that, as a young woman, Zainab was rebellious and headstrong - the act of being made powerless may have made her assert herself what way she could, and Yusef's family, if not Yusef, were the spur.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,244
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      A new thread ...I'd just watched Meryl's vid ..and :eek: we are on a new part!!!

Congrats MadWorld :):D
      *waves * to everyone .....

Sorry you had to have an x- ray Disney. :(
    • les_betisesles_betises Posts: 427
      Forum Member
      ha! funny op Madworld

HS re your post just prior to the split...
      Also not sure that the "beautiful boy" was intended for Mas, or a very private, intimate moment between the boys. It was whispered (as if there was no one else around) and difficult to hear. And Christian said "my". I do not believe that Syed has ever been Mass's beautiful boy - although he was Zainab's.

As for this being an epiphany about their love: could be. But, I am not convinced that this thing, whether or not it is just about sex, is the paramount issue for Z and M. I know that they know that this is love. They knew Syed was trying to overcome, not gay-ness, but ssa to Christian. And they saw him in the square stroking Christian's cheek. And they have seen them a million times since then.

So no, I don't think that was what they were witnessing. I really think that the thoughts in their minds were similar - Syed, my son, is lying there critically injured and I dare not show my feelings (in the way that Christian does) because my wife/husband might see. I think it was terrible conflict, guilt, and wrenching worry that I saw on their faces, not 'oh, I see, this is true love.' But of course, they saw the love. And the love that should have been in the closet in their minds, was the one that was out. And the love that should have been out, was put in a closet.

There were many private moments in this episode, things I believe we were simply meant to overhear or peer at, but not quite be part of. Christian's whispers, Syed's glances, the muttering of Zainab - it created the sense of hallowed space in which they love.

bib1 I don't know if you were explicting referring to my comments earlier or not, but anyway there is no way in my mind that Christian was thinking anything about anyone except Syed. What I meant about the words in relation to Mas was what the director was doing wrt to the shooting and the storytelling, that he or she was highlighting the contrasts and the link between the private and the public. And he was Masood's beautiful boy, because he is his son, and I do believe that there is still some love there. That is is conflicted and tortured and hidden, but that there is this love there to be found.

bib2 they have seen Syed's love for Christian. I'm pretty sure they know how much Syed loves Christian, that he would lose everything for him. But I think for Zainab especially, did she believe that Christian does, could ever, really love Syed?

bib3 I completely agree, the torture of them feeling that they had to force their feelings back, not just in front of each other but in front of anyone. It's like something is about to burst and so they each run out. I just think that the recognition of the depth of Christian's feelings were there in their minds too.

bib4 gorgeous and ITA
    This discussion has been closed.