Options

O2 wanting £300 deposit

2»

Comments

• Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    You are better off with T-Mobile anyway, it is funny watching O2 suffer and sh*t themselves they know that Everything Everywhere & Hutchison 3G have a much better network for internet. So they decide to put some cheesy adverts on for Pay and Go Go Go as they lost service a few weeks ago and knew that they would attract all them chavs that want their "free texties on O2" even though they could get a much better deal elsewhere.

Looking at the moment, Virgin Media beats all networks hands down on price and value for sim only!

Never had any problems with o2 and quite happy with what I pay each month…I do use an T-Mobile Vivacity phone though! LOL
  • Options
    n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 have just done the same thing to me, I was after the HTC One S, went through the application and got told they would contact me to complete the order, all well and good the guy phoned, And was all cheery, said we just have to go over a few things to complete your order, we need a small holding deposit which you get back after 6 months, he rabitted on a bit, I though OK probably be around £50 or so, he then said right can I take the long card number for the £300 deposit, My jaw hit the floor, you can get the One S for £350 on Pay and go, if I had £300 lying about I'm sure I'd stretch £350 for the pay and go version, I told him he was ok I won't bother, the guy was genuinely shocked I didn't take him up on his offer.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are better off with T-Mobile anyway, it is funny watching O2 suffer and sh*t themselves they know that Everything Everywhere & Hutchison 3G have a much better network for internet. So they decide to put some cheesy adverts on for Pay and Go Go Go as they lost service a few weeks ago and knew that they would attract all them chavs that want their "free texties on O2" even though they could get a much better deal elsewhere.

Looking at the moment, Virgin Media beats all networks hands down on price and value for sim only!

Things are looking extremely bleak for the parent company of O2 at the moment, the share dividend has been cancelled for a year. They have just completed the sale of the China business, debts are higher than last year, earnings down 22.9% year on year, revenues in Europe down 6.1% year over year. No growth really at all in the UK and the loss of call and text revenue, but not keeping up with smartphone and internet (the biggest growth area) seems to be compounding issues.

Their share price is down 6.78% just today alone. The shares are worth 60% less than this time last year. We had the Iraqi information minister telling us everything would be ok a few months ago when I posted about it.