Are they using a new people as the voices of Big Brother?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
Forum Member
✭✭
The voices that speak to the HMs over the loud speakers and in the diary room house seem different. They're less authoritative, confident and cold. They seem a bit wishy washy to me, I preferred the people they were using last season. Anyone else notice the difference?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The authoritative ones are lying on a beach somewhere, coldly demanding that someone bring them drinks.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's one woman who's perfect - she normally announces twists to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    The authoritative ones are lying on a beach somewhere, coldly demanding that someone bring them drinks.
    I can just see them there, lying back in their swim suits, each holding a megaphone to deliver their commands.
    RobInnes wrote: »
    There's one woman who's perfect - she normally announces twists to them.
    Didn't notice her yet, but I'll listen for her.
  • beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    The producers are "the voices" and there are some new and different producers each series
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the lady that put Louis in his place last night when he was indulging in his vulgar ott tirade. She sounded disgusted with him & she let him know too.:D:cool:
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    I think there have been some changes everywhere between BB and CBB.
  • Paul254Paul254 Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the American one?
  • spoonsspoons Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    There was a time when the Big Brother voice could actually speak English properly without cutting off letters like "G"!
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoons wrote: »
    There was a time when the Big Brother voice could actually speak English properly without cutting off letters like "G"!

Exactly!! That chap's just AWFUL!! It undermines any authority he might've managed--comes across as slack-assed. ugh :mad: And Emma's begun doin' it as well as confusingly saying 'P*ssed' for OUR 'p*ssed OFF'--she must think it makes her seem young, cooler or American. She'll be talking like Abz next!
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of them sounds like the very fat bloke in The Office.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    beast1982 wrote: »
    The producers are "the voices" and there are some new and different producers each series

And as the show has gone on and the budget has been cut there are younger and less experienced producers working on the show so some of them probably give away that lack of confidence and experience in their 'performance' as Big Brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice catch and a good thread topic. Thanks :)

I wondered this - I've posted elsewhere about the sense-of-humour-bypass BB last night was decidedly off with Louie over Diary Room accessibility. I'm not playing favourite HMs here (far from it).
    Played it back this morning in case I was wrong in the flash by. Whoever it was had a genuinely dusgruntled tone about Louie putting up a bloody good comeback which stitched BB up nicely.

Last season had the one who giggled when Sam was on and clearly fancied him, and the announcements were often phrased with a chuckle and had humour.

This lot are nondescript, bordering on abrupt.