Jeremy Kyle .2 brothers repeats

LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
Forum Member
Just watching Jeremy Kyle. They are showing the one where the 2 men who met on the internet and they turn out to be half brothers.

Its an oldish show I wonder if the Kyle team get in touch with them to ask if its ok to repeat it. What happens if they wanted it all to die down and it gets dragged up again.

Comments

• Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    So they were having sex as half brothers?! :o That's incest! They need locking up :p;)
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Just watching Jeremy Kyle. They are showing the one where the 2 men who met on the internet and they turn out to be half brothers.

Its an oldish show I wonder if the Kyle team get in touch with them to ask if its ok to repeat it. What happens if they wanted it all to die down and it gets dragged up again.

It will depend what was agreed at the time. They will have had to either sign something at the time to say they can show it in future, Or they will have to have contacted them to ask. If not they will probably just get a repeat fee cheque in the post
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an update on them a while ago in which they said they no longer had a physical relationship but are still close.

I felt really sorry for them as they come over as really decent blokes who were both devastated at the dna result.

Unlike many they appeared totally genuine.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »

Generally when you sign a contract you sign up for any of the shows to be repeated at any point whether you give your permission or not.

There was a case fairly recently where someone contacted ITV in regards to a joke made by Harry Hill about their relative on a clip of You've Been Framed. It was fairly inoffensive, however, the target of the joke had died and the family asked them to remove it from any future viewings. Out of respect, ITV honoured this request. However, from a legal point of view they probably didn't have to.

Mike Philpot appeared on the show before - I don't know if they still repeat the episode he appeared on..
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    So they were having sex as half brothers?! :o That's incest! They need locking up :p;)

Technically as half brothers and the fact that neither can get pregnant to give birth to a child at risk of deformities I don't think it's a lockable offence :p But in seriousness, I remember this episode and the heartbreak etched on their faces when they learned the truth was so sad :cry:
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    It wasn't as if they knew each other beforehand. They met online and chatted for 2+ years before ever meeting up and getting physical with one another. It was only after they were introduced to one of the lads family did it set alarm bells ringing as the partner looked like the mothers ex-husband. After that they agreed not be be sexually active with one another until they had a DNA test and were both horrified that they could be half-brothers.

I remember seeing this too and they did seem like lovely guys who were devastated at the prospect they could be related and when it was revealed to them that they were, it was really sad to watch. They were both so gutted over not being able to be a couple. I believe they had plans to marry and move in together at the time too. Horrible situation. Hope they are both doing well now and have found happiness with new partners.