Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I saw Morten on TV the other day - he looked as gorgeous to me now as he did back in the 80's. He's 50 with the body of a man half his age, and looks fantastic - not just for his age, but gorgeous full stop.

http://xs219.xs.to/xs219/07361/MortenYLailaaCloselook.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    miss_chaos wrote: »
    I spent last Wednesday evening with Jamie Theakston and Harriet Scott (Heart fm breakfast) at the television awards, as I won a comp to sit with them in their box. They were both lovely.

Nigel Harman - met a couple of times. He is very nice

Richard and Lea from BB7. Won comp to go in limo with them to opening of celebrity Big Brother Hijack in January. Very friendly and chatty

Dermot O'Leary - met a few times and always talks to his fans

Louis Walsh and Danni Minogue came to speak to us when won VIP tkts to X Factor last yr. Nice of them to do that

Ben Shepherd at a MIchael Buble Magic radio event was friendly but his wife was not. She didn't want us to have photo taken with him. Ben happily posed for photo with us.

I've met loads of others who have all been friendly.

Do you want to give me some tips on how to win competitions? :p

Mine aren't very exciting!

It seems I had a similar encounter with Jimmy Carr as most other people on here who've met him - met him in town before a gig. He was lovely and unexpectedly very charming in person!

David Walliams - around the same time, I think he was in town for the Jimmy Carr gig! He was civil and all but I just found him a bit odd. Not sure why.

Ronan Keating - my neighbour when I was younger. Thought he was a bit of an arse. Very up himself. Although maybe he's matured - it's a really long time ago I knew him.

Samantha Mumba - remember her? She was out in a pub in my area and seemed annoyed at the attention she was getting. Mind you, anyone who's not local will get a few looks, never mind if she used to be famous! She seemed a bit... let's say aloof.

And for a z-lister, if anyone's ever heard of the Murderdolls frontman Wednesday 13, I met him after a gig. Very quiet but a nice chap.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I met my idol (Morten Harket) a few years back, I was terrified. His pictures were all over my walls in my bedroom as a teen and when you meet your idol face-to-face, it can make you happy or make you sad. I'm happy to report that Morten was an utter gentleman, signed a book of mine (using my pen) and posed for a picture with me. I was in a state of shock for a few days because he spent a few moments of his precious time with me.
    I had the biggest crush ever on him in the early 80s! He was gorgeous then, and is still gorgeous now judging by the latest photos I've seen of him ;):)

I see mentions of Nigel Harman in this thread also ;):o:cool::D;):)
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Morten on TV the other day - he looked as gorgeous to me now as he did back in the 80's. He's 50 with the body of a man half his age, and looks fantastic - not just for his age, but gorgeous full stop.

When you have not seen a celb for a while when you do they look really old or very plastic!Morten though looks good to me.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Obseen wrote: »
    One of the gingers from biffy Clyro - Grad A knob.

Lol, bumped into the dark haired knob from Biffy Clyro in the Marks and Spencers in Ayr. Even his girlfriend/hanger on had that René Zellweger just-smelled-my-own-arse look about her XD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I'm so gutted, Stevie Nicks is the most fab female vocalist I've heard since I was born, you are so lucky to meet her, I've only seen her on stage:(

It was amazing to meet her. I met Sheryl Crow at the same time.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Didn't meet, but did see a healthy looking, clean and well groomed Amy Winehouse walking down a road this morning (8.05am :eek: ) chatting to some bloke who was certainly not Blaaaaakie - strange walking gait though
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »
    What sort of jobs do you people who meet celebs in your line of work do?

Knicker counter at John Lewis

only joking :D
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Didn't meet, but did see a healthy looking, clean and well groomed Amy Winehouse walking down a road this morning (8.05am :eek: ) chatting to some bloke who was certainly not Blaaaaakie - strange walking gait though

That's what comes form storing your stash up your snatch for too many years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    dory22 wrote: »
    im so jealous, i love massa, schumacher does come across like that, do you what the sad thing is jenson button is my best mates cousin and i havent even met him yet and we've been best mates 8 years, not fair.:(

am i the only girl who likes F1

I'm a girl and love F1, though I'm a Schumacher fan, absoulutely thrilled that he is returning.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member

Yeah ok you got me:o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I only had time to read the first few pages but its nice that evryone has mostly positive things to say and most of the 'clebs met have been friendly :)
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who are gutted that their favourites are getting slated - don't fret, they're only human and have off days like everyone else. We're not all in the same mood every day.

If it had been a one-off encounter with Alan Rickman I could have brushed it off for the reason you state - I'm afraid that this account by someone who's worked with him regularly is more likely to be reliable:
    Smerph wrote:
    A friend of mine works on the Harry Potter films. These were her comments on a few of them:

Daniel Radcliffe - Genuinely nice but nerdy.
    Julie Walters - absolutely lovely.
    Alan Rickman - An @rsehole!
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »

A friend of mine works on the Harry Potter films. These were her comments on a few of them:

Daniel Radcliffe - Genuinely nice but nerdy.
    Julie Walters - absolutely lovely.
    Alan Rickman - An @rsehole!

A number of years ago I was in my local shopping centre and a very familar face walked past - couldn't place her at first so just said 'Hi' - thought maybe it was one of my friend's mum's or something. She said hello back and gave me a big smile. It was only when I left the shop I realised it was Julie Walters! She does strike me as a pretty decent person - I love her work, a very talented invidual!
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And for a z-lister, if anyone's ever heard of the Murderdolls frontman Wednesday 13, I met him after a gig. Very quiet but a nice chap.

I have a song by them on a CD somewhere, how does it go..

When I saw you piss on the floor I knew you were the girl for me. Love at first fright is it?:D
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I have a song by them on a CD somewhere, how does it go..

When I saw you piss on the floor I knew you were the girl for me. Love at first fright is it?:D

Intrigued, I Googled: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/murderdolls/loveatfirstfright.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Mark Williams (Mr Weasley) a few times, he goes in the pub I used to work at, seemed like a nice guy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was amazing to meet her. I met Sheryl Crow at the same time.

Arrrgggghhh! Lol:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I met Lisa Butcher and Mica Paris when on What Not To Wear ~ both were horrible, although Mica was very slightly less horrible.

chatted with Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and his wife Jackie at Christmas do ~ they are both really lovely, grounded people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once bumped into Tim Booth of the Manchester band James, in Soho Square. I was/am a great fan and stopped him to tell him how much I loved the band, and he was absolutely charming! He asked me where I was going and I said I was just discovering the area. I had a small A-Z in my hand, so he took my book and wrote 'Getting lost in London, Love Tim X'.

Lovely man. :)

Jealous as hell! I had the biggest crush on him back in the day!
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Walliams - around the same time, I think he was in town for the Jimmy Carr gig! He was civil and all but I just found him a bit odd. Not sure why.

2 of my friends have meet him as well, and said the same thing. He was nice and polite, and from their story it was a normal enough conversation, but they walked away thinking 'he's very odd!' They didn't know why either :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I met Gordon Ramsay - was lush, also Robert De Niro very happy and chatty.
    David beckham again very friendly and down to earth. Liz Hurley, pleasant and polite, tiny!
    Take That (minus Robbie) nearly fainted so didnt pay too much attention, I just remember Gary looking very smart and the other boys a bit shabby chic in skinny jeans and converse with no laces!
    Brian Harvey, cocky but lovely and laughy, and Tonu Mortimer, a bit porky and miserable but again polite and not rude.
    Um, Sarah Jessica Parker, very sweet and tiny also. None of the above had attitude and were very polite and pleasant, no diva like behaviour at all.

Friends have met Jordan and Peter loads and said they were both truly lovely.

The only one I have met that I thought was very rude, up herself, tutty, rude and impatient was Naomi Campbell. What a super bitch.

I met Coolio who was a bit of a prat but not rude or arrogant or any of the things he came accross as in Big Brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I've met a few people, all of them lower than Z-list, but here goes...

Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards. Very nice man, witty and charming

Jenny 'That Ginger one off the Apprentice' Celerier. Much nicer in real life than she was on the show, self-effacing and engaging.

James 'John Paul from Hollyoaks' Sutton. Briefly met him, seemed alright.

I feel bad I haven't met anyone nasty, maybe I just have low standards!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend is 'in the business' so have met a few, but celebrity doesn't really excite me!
    But I would say the lovely ones are many, but top of the list is
    John Nettles - a real gentleman
    Patsy Palmer (she bought me a drink for helping her through to the bar (the place was packed and we are not very tall people!))
    JC Chasez - such a lovely guy, a real star and very smiley and funny.

The worst - by far - Martine McCutcheon. Utterly vile.
    Trisha Goddard - a complete cow and very very rude to everybody.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    Russ Abbott(friends with his son). He's always miserable.
    Singer Zoe(who sang "sunshine on a rainy day")is one of my best friends:)
    Lemmy from motorhead-really sweet guy
    Denny lane from "wings"-very shy but always lovely(had a gorgeous dashund dog,Blackjack,who was veggie).

iv worked with russ he was lovely made me laugh a few times, but he is miserable most of the time.