EFL Trophy

singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will Sky Sports show any of this competition this season onward or were they not interested?

Comments

• Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Wiki, Sky will show the Area finals and the Wembley final.
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't Area finals anymore; it stopped being regional after the group stage (and looking at some of the groups it wasn't regional then...)
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the final I reckon

There was a time when thye showed a game from each round, definitely when Leeds were back In League 1 most of our games were on.

It doesnt fit into the schedules, more people would proabbly watch soccer special with all the goals as they go in.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,875
    Forum Member
    Seems like even the fans of the clubs involved aren't interested really - until the final!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was part of there contract with the Football League, but maybe it changed when the Trophy did.
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good news for Coventry fans though...
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    singhss1 wrote: »
    Will Sky Sports show any of this competition this season onward or were they not interested?

Chelsea Under 23's matches were on the clubs TV channel
  • Asb81Asb81 Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if the rights for this competition were sold separately (and not, as presumably happens, as part of Sky's Football League contract) if someone would snap them up to acquire more live football. BT Sport would probably not consider it any less attractive to show than the National League, which they give good coverage to.
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coventry v Wycombe in the semi final on Feb 6th is live on Sky