Options

ps vita

Comments

• Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamGamgee wrote: »
    It's a bit of a shame the Vita doesnt cater for a wide range of gamers. Hopefully it'll get more support since the Vita is selling well again (going out of stock in a few places now I see- good news!)

I've never understood why it wasn't marketed to kids, with more of a kids catalogue of games.
  • Options
    SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    I actually ordered one today and then cancelled it. It would just be for remote play and for the price it'd be fairly expensive for what I'd use it for. Would rather put my time into actually buying games for the PS4.

Depends how crucial the remote play is you. For me id probably double my gaming time
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got one, love it. Still waiting on my free 30 day ps+ code, though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Got one, love it. Still waiting on my free 30 day ps+ code, though...

What you impressed by?

Looks like i'm gonna have to wait. Held off too long and the cheapest bundles are around £165+ now.
  • Options
    rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your missus hogs the tv to watch soaps and reality nonsense tv, then the vita is a godsend. you can sit and play your ps4 while she fries her brain with all the tv tat
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your missus hogs the tv to watch soaps and reality nonsense tv, then the vita is a godsend. you can sit and play your ps4 while she fries her brain with all the tv tat

Just this afternoon, my son's playing Disney Infinity PS3 on the TV, my daughter's playing Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U gamepad and I've got the Vita for some Guacamelee and a bit of PS4. Perfect for busy households.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you impressed by?

Looks like i'm gonna have to wait. Held off too long and the cheapest bundles are around £165+ now.

£144 for a 10 game plus 16gb card pack:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-Sports-Racing/dp/B00GNW2E4Y/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1388778819&sr=8-8&keywords=ps+vita

I'm impressed by the screen, graphics, sound, I got PS+ so bagged a fair few games already which I'm enjoying a lot (Guacamellee, Wipeout, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Persona4 Golden, Tearaway, Gravity Rush). Access to indie games is good, too, but I think I need another memory card already...
    I haven't played any games remotely on my PS3, I know not all are compatible, but I'm impressed at how it connects so I can use the PS3 remote access as a bridge to all the media I stream to my PS3.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up for anyone that doesn't know.

Soul Sacrifice and Blazblue Continuum Shift EX are currently free from PS+

For some reason they aren't showing up in the PS+ Section of the Vita store, but if you do a search (or use the webstore / PS3) you'll find them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £144 for a 10 game plus 16gb card pack:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-Sports-Racing/dp/B00GNW2E4Y/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1388778819&sr=8-8&keywords=ps+vita

I'm impressed by the screen, graphics, sound, I got PS+ so bagged a fair few games already which I'm enjoying a lot (Guacamellee, Wipeout, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Persona4 Golden, Tearaway, Gravity Rush). Access to indie games is good, too, but I think I need another memory card already...
    I haven't played any games remotely on my PS3, I know not all are compatible, but I'm impressed at how it connects so I can use the PS3 remote access as a bridge to all the media I stream to my PS3.

Yeah thanks saw that- i might go for it although the games arent as good as the other bundles. Though to be honest i'd be buying some others anyway.
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a Vita dirt cheap off ebay, like new!
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Congrats, hope you enjoy it :)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of getting a Vita myself off Ebay as I'm really into VN's (visual novels) at the moment, theres a ton of Japanese stuff that would never get released here.
    I'm confused about 3G and Wi-Fi though, do you really need 3G?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Crystal-Black-Handheld-System-Wi-Fi/261364343317?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D286%26meid%3D3928170532598111015%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D261362302562%26
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a Vita myself off Ebay as I'm really into VN's (visual novels) at the moment, theres a ton of Japanese stuff that would never get released here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Crystal-Black-Handheld-System-Wi-Fi/261364343317?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D286%26meid%3D3928170532598111015%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D261362302562%26

No- unless you want to play online while out and about and pay for it through a SIM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

did it come with a memory card?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    No- unless you want to play online while out and about and pay for it through a SIM.

Even then you can just tether the Vita to your phone (or MiFi), that's what I do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Even then you can just tether the Vita to your phone (or MiFi), that's what I do.

Explain please?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Is the one I linked too a good bargain or there Like New/VG ones cheaper? I only want to buy from sellers with good feedback :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did it come with a memory card?

4GB one and 5 games which I can sell for a total of about £45, meaning the Vita cost me about £55!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4GB one and 5 games which I can sell for a total of about £45, meaning the Vita cost me about £55!

4GB is unlikely to be enough with some games coming in at over 3GB so I would probably invest in getting a larger memory card, I personally use a 32GB but you can get some good deals on 16GB cards with games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4GB is unlikely to be enough with some games coming in at over 3GB so I would probably invest in getting a larger memory card, I personally use a 32GB but you can get some good deals on 16GB cards with games.

Yeah I have already got those 10 games with the card, so think I'll buy that pack again and sell the 10 games code so I get a cheap 16GB card :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't think you could use 3G for online gaming, anyway.
    There was a point before Xmas, might still be the case, when the 3G+WIFI Vitas were cheaper than the WIFI only versions. I've got a 3G Vita but won't bother with the 3G at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think you could use 3G for online gaming, anyway.
    There was a point before Xmas, might still be the case, when the 3G+WIFI Vitas were cheaper than the WIFI only versions. I've got a 3G Vita but won't bother with the 3G at all.

Know of any good deals anyone?
  • Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a shame the Vita doesnt cater for a wide range of gamers.

It is is indeed a shame, because PSV is perfectly suited to the Western RPG/Dungeon Crawler and the strategy titles mentioned in my previous post. My biggest Vita disappointment however, and probably my gravest gaming letdown, is no PGA Golf. Which, with PSV’s tactile resources, high end visuals and unique immersive charm would offer a personally sublime gaming experience. These are the reasons I’ve shelved it until we bag a PS4. At which point Diablo, Witcher, PGA and many other personally suitable titles will be remotely playable.

A positive footnote is that it has supplied me with some top, albeit limited entertainment. Including E-Golf, the quite brilliant UGA and most recently Terraria, a fine indie release. Bottom line, it's a fantastic system and I look forward to unboxing it again alongside a maturing PS4 later in the year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have already got those 10 games with the card, so think I'll buy that pack again and sell the 10 games code so I get a cheap 16GB card :-)

There are a few other packs such as sport and so forth which might be of interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few other packs such as sport and so forth which might be of interest.

No thanks, I've decided to just get a 16GB card on the cheap and the £2 clean and protect case from amazon.

Basically after selling all the crap that comes with the console, It would have cost me £90 for an as new Vita, 16gb Card, and a case!

If something did go wrong with it, could I go to Game where I previously bought a pre-owned one from them online and claim under the warranty?!