Kelvin Mackenzie

Comments

• Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Apparently it was 'in the public interest'.

That is, he thought the (Sun-buying) public would be interested!
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    He's on Question Time now.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    He's just been reviewing the papers on TM and Phillip commented that a story was probably half true and KM said 'oh then it's more true than my stories were' and the three of them and Terri Dwyer all laughed.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    He's just been reviewing the papers on TM and Phillip commented that a story was probably half true and KM said 'oh then it's more true than my stories were' and the three of them and Terri Dwyer all laughed.

Says it all doesn't it. Haha, destroying lives with slander and libel. Hilarious stuff. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    He was on Question Time last week. He didn't say anything too bad this time
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an old rabble rouser - just ignore him, that's where it hurts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have free speech in this country. Kelvin McKenzie is perfectly entitled to Rupert Murdoch's opinion.
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrcynical wrote: »
    We have free speech in this country. Kelvin McKenzie is perfectly entitled to Rupert Murdoch's opinion.

Oooh, you do live up to your name don't you mr c! ;):D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    He's on The Apprentice- You're Fired this week.

One to avoid then.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Can't stand the man, and though he phrased it very carefully, it was pretty obvious what he was implying. Even said that those kids are better off now Jackson's dead. I would say he was skating on thin ice as Jackson was officially found not guilty of those crimes. Yes we're all entitled to our opinion but sometimes it might be wiser to keep schtum. Some people might well be saying the same thing up and down the country but not many people would be daft/arrogant enough to say it on national TV!

Not a Jackson fan by the way but fair's fair, those kids did seem to love him so he did something right.
    ben_122 wrote: »
    Whether it's true or not, MJ was proven not guilty by a court of law, and Mackenzie should respect this, untill he is above that court.

A ridiculous man.
    avidreader wrote: »
    Kelvin Mackenzie is a vile man. Horrible horrible person, and there's not many people I would say that about.

What he said about Hillsborough was unforgiveable - and he's never even tried to make amends for it.

As for what he said about Michael Jackson - whatever people might think happened, MJ was not found Guilty. And Mackenzie has no right to go peddling his opinions as if they are fact. But then again, that's what he has always done.

Michael Jackson was not found not guilty. The verdict was 'not proven because of insufficient evidence'. There's a big difference between that and not guilty. It means he might have done the things he was accused of, but there wasn't enough evidence put before the court for them to say without doubt that he was bad or dangerous.

So MJ haters and MJ admirers can still believe what they like. Me, I'm going to hope that perhaps in 20 years' time when the fuss has died down we can all just admire the legacy of MJ. What will matter will be the music, and just the music. And I hope that there won't be any controversy over putting him with Elvis Presley and Paul McCartney and John Lennon and the like, eg among the greatest of the 20th Century and beyond.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kelvin, a bit controvercial but says as it is and what a lot of people think but dont have the balls to do it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Michael Jackson was not found not guilty. The verdict was 'not proven because of insufficient evidence'.
    Mr Jackson looked straight ahead as the verdicts were read and showed no visible reaction as he was found not guilty of all counts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2005/jun/13/michaeljackson.michaeljacksontrial
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I like Kelvin, a bit controvercial but says as it is and what a lot of people think but dont have the balls to do it

Says it as he thinks it is which is something completely different
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Yeah, sure, all that stuff about Hillsborough (which I find personally offensive as a football fan and as the daughter of someone who was supposed to be at Hillsborough that day but was too ill to travel), sustained discrimination against the Scots ("Gordon Brown was a rubbish Chancellor because he's Scottish"-if you dislike a politician, you should have a better reason than because of where they're from), sustained lying as the editor of one of the scummiest papers in Britain, anti-BBC but well up for appearing on all the shows he can legitimately get on, supporting the poll tax and probably way more than can be found on the first few pages of Google, they're opinions to be applauded
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He quite patentlly DOESN'T say it how it is and I'm offended that you could say something like that if you know what he said about Hillsborough. Do you think he was right about Hillsborough but don't have the balls to say it ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or to quote the man himself:

"When I published those stories, they were not lies. They were great stories that later turned out to be untrue - and that is different. What am I supposed to feel ashamed about?"
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    This is the man who said vile things about the victims of the Hillsborough disaster, and despite being proved wrong says he still stands by the story. He's vile, absolutely vile!:mad:

Yes. I detest him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Michael Jackson was not found not guilty. The verdict was 'not proven because of insufficient evidence'.

You are wrong, Michael Jackson was found in a court of law to be not guilty on all counts.

It would be nice if you'd think twice before spreading disgusting lies about a dead man who isn't around to defend himself, and try actually doing your research. Mind you, it would be nice if Kelvin did the same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's on Sky News right now doing the paper review. This thread should be the Official "What Channel Is Kelvin McKenzie On Today" Thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Or to quote the man himself:

"When I published those stories, they were not lies. They were great stories that later turned out to be untrue - and that is different. What am I supposed to feel ashamed about?"

Yeah, there's nothing shameful at all in sending reporters to break into a psychiatric ward to dig up the dirt on a dying man with mental health issues in case he might be gay.

There's nothing shameful at all in saying of a young girl who misses her dad and says he was the best dad in the world 'his kids are better off now he's dead' on national TV.

There's nothing shameful at all in publishing on the front page of your newspaper that Liverpudlians sexually abused the dead body of a girl during the Hillsborough disaster, with absolutely no evidence to support your story.

If this is your idea of 'nothing to be ashamed of' you have no shame.

Kelvin MacKenzie - he's just telling it like it is. :rolleyes:

No, he's just 'telling it' how cynical, racist, homophobic, soulless, hate-filled scumbags like him want to believe it is.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile. Vile. Vile. Vile. Vile.

Honestly, I see he's on the telly and I want to vomit. I want to kick his head in. I want to scream at him to take back everything he said about Hillsborough and the Liverpool fans.

How any of the programmes have the audacity to have a proven liar that has hurt so many people and dragged so many peoples' names through the dirt is beyond me.
  • SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an Aston Villa fan, but I can understand how Liverpool fans feel, disgusting creature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I like him. I thought he was hilarious on celebrity apprentice!
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    I think people are being a bit harsh on sidsgirl here - I couldn't pick out McKenzie in an ID parade and had never really heard of him before either. I knew The Sun had come out with some pretty bad crap about Hillsborough, but again I had no idea what individuals were actually responsible for the story.

Agreed. Even if there was a documentary about it, people aren't watching TV 24 hours a day. Many people probably didn't see it.

I had no idea who he was until he was The Apprentice: You're Fired the other day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him. I thought he was hilarious on celebrity apprentice!

Have you actually read this thread or any of the links about him ?