Surely it's Better to have these Z-lebs...

KasphlamKasphlam Posts: 2,313
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Than a bunch of A-listers with no personality?

Pretty much all of these housemates, ignoring the two 'fit blokes' who are just in for that, have massive personalities. It will at least be a little bit interesting with them.

Imagine watching a house with Jennifer Aniston, Tony Blair and Prince William in? Dull as dishwater. We'll at least get some entertainment from this bunch.

(And I've only not heard of two! Good for me.)

Comments

• rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Yes, you're completely correct. DS:BB can't warm to anything without the obligatory day or two of whining, though, so you'll just have to wait while the forum works through its suppressed emotional traumas.
  • VinnienetVinnienet Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caprice was the worst I ever saw who would be A-List but these are just nobodies. They've got a pikey FFS!
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. These nonentities have nothing to lose IMO so are more likely to provide unbridled entertainment :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps.

Some of the best CBB contestants have been Z-listers, but there have been some amazing A-listers as well.

Personality isn't defined by what list your on.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vinnienet wrote: »
    Caprice was the worst I ever saw who would be A-List but these are just nobodies. They've got a pikey FFS!
    :D:D:D

My first proper laugh tonight .. ty :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better to have these zelebs who won't watch themselves rather than the A-listers who'll sit round shitting nutella and farting rainbows for two weeks.
  • yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I like it tbh....for the first time ever I've started without having a favourite from previous knowledge of what they were like outside the house (and only to be quickly disappointed by them) and I can settle in to get to know exactly who they are from scratch.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Better to have these zelebs who won't watch themselves rather than the A-listers who'll sit round shitting nutella and farting rainbows for two weeks.
    The problem is that they're more likely to watch themselves bc they are relying on their z-list fame for survival. If this Bobby/Lucien/Amy got into a nasty fight it'd ruin their image and their livelihoods. Paddy, Tara and Pamela are the only ones I can imagine not really caring about their image at all.
  • James TJames T Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP's quite right that celeb status is not crucial, or even important, in producing a good BB — after all the format works perfectly well on the main show with total non-celebrities. This all rather begs a question as to what's the point of CBB at all, and personally I've always felt it suffers by comparison with the main series simply due to being a bit too short.

In particular, though, I can't quite see what C5 are trying to prove with this CBB series. I mean, what does it achieve that a regular series would not? It's not like they're impressing anyone with the stellar line up!