The Ratings Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 10m
    #InspectorGeorgeGently ended with 5.60m/24.6% last night, its most watched episode of the series. #PoundShopWars concluded with 4.99m/23.7%.

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 7m
    Tottenham's victory over Dnipro in the #EuropaLeague averaged 3.31m/15.0% for ITV from 7.45pm - 810k up on Swansea v Napoli last week.

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 4m
    Away from BBC1 & ITV, C4's #TheStormsThatStoleChristmas was most watched with 2.28m/10%. The Hairy Bikers' Asian Adventure drew 2.05m/9.3%.

Great for George Gently, is that an all time high?
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I wasn't saying I believed them:o:o as if that would ever happen, I was merely reporting what they said.

I will slink away and hide now I've revealed I read the daily Mail:cry::cry::blush:

And a good thing too - we dont want your sort of person on here, :D
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »

Its highest consolidateds were just over 7m so I would bet it cannot be far off. Its been a great slot for it.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #InspectorGeorgeGently ended with 5.60m/24.6% last night, its most watched episode of the series. #PoundShopWars concluded with 4.99m/23.7%.

Tottenham's victory over Dnipro in the #EuropaLeague averaged 3.31m/15.0% for ITV from 7.45pm - 810k up on Swansea v Napoli last week.

Away from BBC1 & ITV, C4's #TheStormsThatStoleChristmas was most watched with 2.28m/10%. The Hairy Bikers' Asian Adventure drew 2.05m/9.3%.

It is good for Gently as Thursdays aren't necessarily bankable days for drama though I reckon the BBC would be expecting at least that for the show to earn its keep so to speak.
    I was about to say what a poor figure the football is then noticed its almost a million up on the last week. I suppose the statto's will say its demo makes it viable but the raw figure and share look poor for the majority of the evening and its gifted a lift to BBC1-Pound Shop Wars again doing admirably. I cant imagine that's the last we will see of that which will no doubt please Samuel.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Please The Daily Mail - I would not believe anything they say. Anyway as if scheduling decisions would be made this early. Its just speculation ( or guesswork or lies ) because it used to be a Sunday show. Having said all that BBC need to sort out some opposition for DA - but I dont know what.

If I was the BBC1 scheduler, what I would do against DA is this:

6.00 Antiques Roadshow
    7.00 Strictly Come Dancing: Results
    7.30 Countryfile
    8.30 The Apprentice
    9.30 The Apprentice: You're Fired

And put The Great British Bake Off in the usual The Apprentice slot.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    According to The Daily Mail this morning Poldark will be going up against Downton Abbey in the Autumn which would be unbelievably stupid.

I can see Call The Midwife and Poldark on Sunday nights in January.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    EastEnders - 6.4m/29.2% (BBC3: 441k)
    Emmerdale - 5.67m/27.3% (+1: 315k)

Exactly what I put in the prediction game for EE, after roughly working out what the first half of last week's episode got, the repeat seems low though.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    I don't believe this. Too soon surely?

Well any sign of a send off at work?-huge card signed by everyone-Sue and a colleague(probably Carol) been spotted nipping out to get multi crisp bags and 2 litre Coke bottles and ordering sandwich selections from Greggs? Reports of desk festooned with goodbye memorabilia, balloons and mock Strictly glitter ball plus those party bag multi coloured stars that keep turning up for months afterwards. Some bigwig turning up to say they remember Sue when she used to make the tea and look at her now etc.

Any reports like that we can assume shes gone :D;-)
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good for GG and Poundwars. I think GG had a higher figure then that but I could be wrong. Still great result for it.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders - 6.4m/29.2% (BBC3: 441k)
    Emmerdale - 5.67m/27.3% (+1: 315k)

Exactly what I put in the prediction game for EE, after roughly working out what the first half of last week's episode got, the repeat seems low though.

Low for both soaps yestaday, but then that's what happenes with stupid scheduling and clashes.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 2 of Line Of Duty was watched by 3.21m. Good to see the ratings increase.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    ITV's Daybreak is to be renamed Good Morning Britain from next Monday. It will be presented by Susanna Reid (ex-BBC Breakfast), two male and one more female presenters. Aled Jones will leave the show and Lorraine Kelly reverts to her 8.30 Lorrain show. None of this has been confirmed by ITV.

- The Sun
    Why has this been so hush hush then? And who are the other presenters going to be? :confused:
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Episode 2 of Line Of Duty was watched by 3.21m. Good to see the ratings increase.

I really think this should have been on BBC1, if there's another series let's hope it gets promoted.
  • Wozza20Wozza20 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted. On reflection, a bit unfair. So removed.

Get over yourself. How is Ronant posting rating to annoy someone who supposedly doesn't come to this thread anymore?

Flouncing in and out with your mood swings does nothing for this thread. Either post here or don't. Ronants ratings don't enrage me. People who go off in a sulk saying they won't post here anymore, and then can't resist using posts they don't like as an excuse is just pathetic really, and that does enrage me.
  • mrstreetcredmrstreetcred Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    What do we think the lowest or highest Jonathan creek will rate tonight, I can't see it below five million, but I want to see it hit seven million! One thing to mention is the three specials aired so far has all rated differently, I may be slightly wrong when I say this, but the first had 9 million against easy competition, the second was against the last ever a touch of frost and dropped to the fives, the third against broAdchurch and was in the sixes. So considering it probably has it's easiest competion ever tonight and it's on a Friday my highest prediction is going to be 8.5
  • centauri72centauri72 Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do we think the lowest or highest Jonathan creek will rate tonight, I can't see it below five million, but I want to see it hit seven million! One thing to mention is the three specials aired so far has all rated differently, I may be slightly wrong when I say this, but the first had 9 million against easy competition, the second was against the last ever a touch of frost and dropped to the fives, the third against broAdchurch and was in the sixes. So considering it probably has it's easiest competion ever tonight and it's on a Friday my highest prediction is going to be 8.5

I like Creek too and hope it does well but 8.5m? On a regular Friday? Really?

Friday is the weakest night of the week for EE. BBC1's usual Friday fare at 9 and 9.30 struggles to top 5m in the overnights or 6m in the finals. ITV dramas in the slot repeatedly crash and burn. There are fewer viewers around than on a Sunday or Monday, for example.

So Creek could and should do well, but I think we should regard any overnight above 6m as a success. It might well consolidate to 8m, and that would be doing exceptionally well. Let's not set it up for a fall by overpredicting.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Why has this been so hush hush then? And who are the other presenters going to be? :confused:

What you doing Monday morning? :)
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    This might interest the Brit pack...
    Brit Awards viewing figures decline despite live stream

Last week's Brit Awards ceremony failed to top the show's 2013 viewing figures, despite the introduction of a live stream on YouTube which was available to watch around the world.

Overseas viewers accessed the online broadcast 1.8 million times, while 4.6 million saw ITV's live UK broadcast.

Last year's ceremony, also hosted by James Corden, was watched by 6.5 million people on ITV.

The 1.8 million live viewers, however, falls far short of a record set in 2009 by Irish group U2, whose live two and a half hour show from the Rose Bowl in California attracted 10 million viewers from 16 countries.
  • mrstreetcredmrstreetcred Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    centauri72 wrote: »
    I like Creek too and hope it does well but 8.5m? On a regular Friday? Really?

Friday is the weakest night of the week for EE. BBC1's usual Friday fare at 9 and 9.30 struggles to top 5m in the overnights or 6m in the finals. ITV dramas in the slot repeatedly crash and burn. There are fewer viewers around than on a Sunday or Monday, for example.

So Creek could and should do well, but I think we should regard any overnight above 6m as a success. It might well consolidate to 8m, and that would be doing exceptionally well. Let's not set it up for a fall by overpredicting.

To be fair I was saying that was my figure for the highest it could get, I believe a 6 million figure is much more likely!
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I predicted 6.7m for JC in the Ratings Prediction Game, lower than I would have gone for on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, thinking that he would attract the sort of viewer that goes out on a Friday night and happily uses catch-up technology to, er... catch up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Creek match Silent Witness's figures in time-shift - 1.8m to 2m.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

It does seem a bit odd but I suspect it's because one of the major mistakes they made with Daybreak was the huge song and dance before it launched. TV promos, press ads, billboards - the entire thing was ridiculous and it raised expectations above and beyond anything it could expect to achieve. It does feel like going from one extreme to another but I think ITV are in a better position no matter what happens with this new show if they haven't drawn so much attention to it like they did with Daybreak.
    Forum Member
    Creek should be around 5.5-6m overnights and probably 7m+ consolidated. That would be pretty good - just hope its a decent watch as the last one was not that good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    It does seem a bit odd but I suspect it's because one of the major mistakes they made with Daybreak was the huge song and dance before it launched. TV promos, press ads, billboards - the entire thing was ridiculous and it raised expectations above and beyond anything it could expect to achieve. It does feel like going from one extreme to another but I think ITV are in a better position no matter what happens with this new show if they haven't drawn so much attention to it like they did with Daybreak.

On the other hand, they didn't draw any attention to when they fully turned Daybreak back into GMTV and the figures fell even further.

I just can't see them ending todays show without the slightest of mention, unless the presenters are all being carried over. That said, Kate Garraway now has a daily mid-morning show on Smooth Radio so she probably won't make it on to the new show, but I couldn't see them getting rid of her without as much as a mention or a VT with her 'best bits', after all she is the longest serving ITV Breakfast presenter after Lorraine.

Articles also appear to be referring to 'next Monday'. I take that as Monday 10th March.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    I really think this should have been on BBC1, if there's another series let's hope it gets promoted.

I thought that as well. It's an absolutely brilliant programme. It's rare these days that I get so completely hooked on a British drama but this ticks every box.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    - just hope its a decent watch as the last one was not that good.

But still miles better than most of the drivel we get nowadays. Creek set itself such high standards initially so it's hard for viewers to be totally statisfied if they fail to be as good as the really good ones!
This discussion has been closed.