Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji, Japan - Dolphin Sympathisers Only Please - Thanks

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
By popular demand I am starting a new thread for sympathisers only. Please do respect this. Thanks again to those who have been so supportive. :)

Two adult dolphins drowned by the trainers. Apparently they hold them underwater to make them nore docile!!!
(Good god - How many have been half drowned or brain damaged by this horrible practice! )

Two babies slaughtered when they returned to the cove, presumably looking for their mothers.

6 taken by the trainers

40 slaughtered

50 released

Todays Update:

"On this day, the molesters chose eight for enslavement. Anyone associated with dolphinariums has blood on their hands. Anyone who patronizes a captive dolphin commercial enterprise is supporting the slaughter of dolphins and the devastation of an extended family group. We need to stop the demand in order to stop the supply. Just say no!

In the process of examining dolphins to determine if they are “fit” for servitude, two were drowned. It seems that the “loving” trainers hold dolphins underwater to make them more docile and easier to load onto slings. Well, two of them did not make it and were left to float upside down in the killing cove. See the video (it may take a day or two to get this video transferred and up on this site, check back to see it). This is how the “happy” dolphins get from the wild to your local dolphinarium.

We know the criteria the molesters (trainers) use to determine if a particular dolphin is to be destined for the captive trade. But what are the criteria for selecting which ones live and which ones become dinner? Of the approximately 100 dolphins pushed into the cove yesterday, about 40 were slaughtered and the remaining 50 or so (except for the eight sent to the pens) were pushed back out towards the sea.

When the survivors took off, several of them jumped high out of the water. It was amazing to watch, and then we saw the two juveniles who did not run with the pod. These two swam back into the bloody waters looking for their mothers who had either been imprisoned or slaughtered. Perhaps it was their own mothers’ blood in which they swam. Without their mothers, these two were doomed. They met their fate sooner rather than later though when the molesters slew them."

To read more...

http://www.seashepherd.org/dolphins/...ovember-9.html

Comments

• RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did all the other posts go?

OP - it is a little unfair for you to start 4 threads in 2 weeks about the same thing and then get all of our posts removed :eek: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know. Have all the other dolphin threads gone and they are just starting a new one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know. Have all the other dolphin threads gone and they are just starting a new one?

One on 27/10, another on 02/11 and 03/11 and today.

I replied to this one and then all the replies (6 or so?) disappeared? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One on 27/10, another on 02/11 and 03/11 and today.

I replied to this one and then all the replies (6 or so?) disappeared? :confused:

Not sure, maybe the OP should start a dolphin appreciation thread, in the appreciation section.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did all the other posts go?

OP - it is a little unfair for you to start 4 threads in 2 weeks about the same thing and then get all of our posts removed :eek: :eek:

I started one single thread on dolphins in the last two weeks on 27th October. I have just started this one for sympathisers only because the other one was being derailed. I assume that is why all the argumentaive and non sympathisers' posts disappeared.

Please respect that this is for sympathisers and do not spoil the thread. It's very simple if you are not a sympathiser you have no need to come in or post :)
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love dolphins!

They really add to the flavour of a can of tuna.

And I had real fun in Mexico when I went swimming with them. They're cool. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzzle wrote: »
    I started one single thread on dolphins in the last two weeks on 27th October. I have just started this one for sympathisers only because the other one was being derailed. I assume that is why all the argumentaive and non sympathisers' posts disappeared.

Please respect that this is for sympathisers and do not spoil the thread. :)

There we def two other threads in-between about dolphins.

I appreciate your point but to me you are basically saying only people who agree with you can post in this thread? :eek:

I really do not think there is anyone here that actively condones any type of animal cruelty?
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolphins shouldn't be killed like this and I sympathise to some degree with their plight, but along with many other wrongs in the world I cannot be actually arsed to do anything constructive about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Op - I did post on here and once again you've obviously had the posts removed (along with about 6 others) whats worst is that I was defending you!

someone asked if you were a veggie, and another asked if you had ever visted sea world (or similar). I did back up to say that you'd admitted that you'd been before BUT that was before you found out about all the japanise stuff.

I also asked why there was no support for other animals that don't fall under the 'cute' bracket - I even posted a link about scorpions (i'll try and find it again), and how MILLIONS are killed for entertainment every year, yet no-one complains about that.

MODS - please stop removing posts that are not in anyway offensive, if any thing is a break of forum rules, its the OP refusing to let certain FM's (me included) post on here.
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    suzzle wrote: »

Please respect that this is for sympathisers and do not spoil the thread. It's very simple if you are not a sympathiser you have no need to come in or post :)

But several in the last month however

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1351953&highlight=

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1380010&highlight=

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1380435&highlight=

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1375974&highlight=

Bit obsessed really!

Also do you honestly believe everything you read in that biased website you quoted??

I mean come on, calling dolphin trainers "molestors"??? Thats just disrespectful for all those who have been subjected to sexual abuse.
  • FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    general: not limited to one class, field, product, service, etc.; miscellaneous: the general public; general science.

discussion: an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

(ref dictionary.com)

I don't think the "only post here if you agree with my opening statement" position is a good fit for this forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Op - I did post on here and once again you've obviously had the posts removed (along with about 6 others) whats worst is that I was defending you!

someone asked if you were a veggie, and another asked if you had ever visted sea world (or similar). I did back up to say that you'd admitted that you'd been before BUT that was before you found out about all the japanise stuff.

I also asked why there was no support for other animals that don't fall under the 'cute' bracket - I even posted a link about scorpions (i'll try and find it again), and how MILLIONS are killed for entertainment every year, yet no-one complains about that.

MODS - please stop removing posts that are not in anyway offensive, if any thing is a break of forum rules, its the OP refusing to let certain FM's (me included) post on here.

Amen.

Also mod's if we are being picky - the OP has already got a thread about this open. Isn't that against the 'rules'? :o
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wench wrote: »
    I mean come on, calling dolphin trainers "molestors"??? Thats just disrespectful for all those who have been subjected to sexual abuse.

That's disrespectful to all molesters! A molester isn't limited to sexual abuse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    TBH I feel a little sorry for the OP - I don't disagree with what she is trying to do, raising an awareness for any cause is a great thing to do, however OP - you need to be able to back it up with facts (from more than one website) and I think that is all that most of us are asking you to do. You cannot stop people from having opinions, and you are more likely to convert people to your cause if you can produce reasonable arguements, backed up by facts / data rather than having posts deleted or shouting 'troll'.

On another note I was thinking about the opening post on my way to pick the LO up (sad i know) and I really don't see how they could drown the dolphins - dolphins have a massive lung capacity (about 20 mins I believe, I'll look it up) and they are pretty strong, I don't see how 2 men (I presume they were men) can physically hold them down for 20 +++ mins, surely the dolphin would struggle and cause some form of injury to the men?

I'm not calling anyone a liar before I get told off or my post deleted again, however I just don't understand how it could be done?
  • TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And very interesting links they are, thanks for highlighting them. :)

Why does this subject bother you so much? You're coming across as ...err..obsessed.

I don't see you complaining about the numerous threads on toilet habits and faeces that are posted up?

This is a very busy forum and it's far easier to pass on bye any threads that don't interest you rather than open them just to criticise.

Many creatures, cute or otherwise have people and groups who support them.

Suzzle chooses to support the dolphins, I don't see why some here have a problem with this.:confused:

I choose to spend alot of my time fixing up injured and sick crows, jackdaws, ravens and rooks, then releasing them when they have fully recovered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fieldfare wrote: »
    general: not limited to one class, field, product, service, etc.; miscellaneous: the general public; general science.

discussion: an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

(ref dictionary.com)

I don't think the "only post here if you agree with my opening statement" position is a good fit for this forum.

Thanks for spelling it out a lot more gracefully than I would've done.

Some people do more to harm than good to the causes they support, by going about it all in the wrong way.

How can the OP can expect anyone else to read any more than one sentence of the quoted article? It's just full of excessively emotive language, and makes me automatically assume that the facts are being MASSIVELY distorted to suit the agenda of the author.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have to be joking - you're bringing sexual abuse into this?? Bonkers...

What's wrong with someone supporting a cause like dolphins anyway - the way you're carrying on you'd think the op was supporting something really terrible!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueBell7 wrote: »
    You have to be joking - you're bringing sexual abuse into this?? Bonkers...

What's wrong with someone supporting a cause like dolphins anyway - the way you're carrying on you'd think the op was supporting something really terrible!

She is supporting really terrible 'journalism'!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would - that sounds awful and I find any form of animal cruelty distressing... But if someone supports a cause and they happen to be considered 'cute' animals is that so bad?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merel wrote: »
    She is supporting really terrible 'journalism'!

Lol - the article isn't the best! But the point remains the same - if she is highlighting awareness about ill treatment of dolphins I don't see what the problem is
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I think laying down the law about what type of posters she wants put people's backs up.
  • TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I think laying down the law about what type of posters she wants put people's backs up.

And your opinion of the dolphin slaughter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    It's horrible.. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taiji, Japan, Nov 9th

Please watch this video:

VIDEO Dolphin Tainers accidentally kill two dolphins

Film starts by showing two dead dolphins floating in the water. They have tried to hide these behind a blue tarpaulin but observers have managed to find a vantage point where they can see down through a gap.

Following this:

You can see that the trainers (up to 4 at a time wearing wetsuits and snorkels) hold the dolphins down underwater so that they can't breathe before trying to wrestle them into a sling or net attatched to the skiff (boat)

http://www.seashepherd.org/dolphins/...r-9.html#video

This is the horrible truth behind Dolphin Shows, Dolphinariums and Swim with Dolphin companies. Of those that are captured, up to 50% die in their crates en-route to the purchasers and the remainder have to fed anti-depressants and antibiotics to keep them alive.

If you would like to help you can email the prime minister of Japan.
    Please be polite though. It never helps to be angry/abusive.

Online comment form #1: https://www.kantei.go.jp/foreign/forms/comment_ssl.html
    Online comment form #2: https://form.cao.go.jp/kokusai/en_opinion-0001.html

I received a reply so they do receive your messages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's awful. I'm very upset.