Comments

• EllieGEllieG Posts: 108,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blimey, very patient cat :D
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At 1:20 you can clearly see the cat planning the guy's demise.
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat would have played along for a bit -like the one in the video. Later she would have eaten my face!*
    *She's a very gentle cat too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Ooh, funny! Not :mad:
    Yet another example of an animal being abused for our amusement. Ask yourself this: does the cat look like it's amenable to it's forced circumstances? Ermm, no.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    furry_face wrote: »
    Yet another example of an animal being abused for our amusement. Ask yourself this: does the cat look like it's amenable to it's forced circumstances? Ermm, no.

Oh please, get a grip.
  • rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was that cruel, and the cat was that bothered, would it not... well... get up and walk off?
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member

It didn't look like the cat was being 'abused'. It looked quite amenable actually.
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The cat clearly didn't give a stuff. Have you dealt with cats? If it was unhappy the video would have been a snuff one- of the photographer!
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

oh please! the cat obviously didnt mind one bit. even after it was unwrapped the cat remained in place. cats loves these sorts of things, especially going inside cardboard boxes and stuff. on christmas day when we unwrap the presents we put all the wrapping on top of the cat. strange as it sounds but the cat loves it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Why?.
    Is the cat a Muslim?, does it claim benefits?, is it an immigrant?, is the cat a single mother?.
    :D:D:D
    Forum Member

I see that you are OUTRAGED.
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Oh please, get a grip.

No, you get a grip and tell me that it's ok to use an animal to make a so-called amusing video. Are you really blind to the cats facial expressions? Not exactly looking content.....

rosalynn wrote: »
    If it was that cruel, and the cat was that bothered, would it not... well... get up and walk off?

Ermm, depends if it has been treated in such a way that it feels it can act independently of its surroundings. Instinct tells me that is not he case....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you even watch it? That cat could have got away at any time. They didn't cover it's face. It didn't even wag it's tail. And when they unwrapped it - it still didn't bother to move. That cat was not bothered.

Last Christmas we bought my cat a red and white Father Christmas hat which it happily wore for about 2 hours before it decided to take it off and play with it.

Have you ever had a cat?
    Forum Member
    No, you get a grip and tell me that it's ok to use an animal to make a so-called amusing video. Are you really blind to the cats facial expressions? Not exactly looking content.....

Ermm, depends if it has been treated in such a way that it feels it can act independently of its surroundings. Instinct tells me that is not he case....

LMAO, are you being serious or just sarcastic?.

I think you better write to You've Been Framed and Britain's Funniest Animals as well, they use such clips all the time just for our amusement.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MY god! :mad:

How can anyone find amusement in this is beyond me. Simply SICK, a lot of people should be ASHAMED of themselves.

I have reported the clip to youtube, hopefully it will be pulled.

There is NO way that a cat would simply sit there like that. He has OBVIOUSLY been drugged in some way.
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »

How can anyone find amusement in this is beyond me. Simply SICK, a lot of people should be ASHAMED of themselves.

There is NO way that a cat would simply sit there like that. He has OBVIOUSLY been drugged in some way.

Well some people rip out cats claws for a living and think that is fine...

don't they? :D
  • TullochgormTullochgorm Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Are you really blind to the cats facial expressions?

Post of the year
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am dead against performing animals (e.g. in circuses), but this was ... just ... funny.

Plus if you follow the links you get the chance to explode Justin Bieber!

Edit: Keio Line complaining about animal cruelty is just ironic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, the cat was obviously suffering. Someone call the RSPCA :eek:
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

I take it you don't know anything about cats?

I feel your instinct is waaaay out on this one.

Cats don't need to seek approval like dogs. If a cat is not happy, it will claw your arm off and run for the hills. And it will bear a grudge for days.

That cat is probably male as male cats tend to be more docile. My daughter's cats could be dressed up in baby clothes and pushed around the house in a pram.

The cat was fine.
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »

Utter poop. Some cats are stupid, like humans. See my previous post re dressing up.
    Forum Member
    Well some people rip out cats claws for a living and think that is fine...

don't they? :D

I lol'd!
    Forum Member
    Oohh! So many defensive replies!
    Methinks maybe these posters are of the opinion that the animals' mental well being is irrelevant when it comes down to the amusement of humans....
  • shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hardly abused!! The cat looked perfectly happy to me. If it was unhappy or distressed, it's tail would have been swishing about like mad and it would have struggled or walked off. It just lay there... most likely totally trusts it's owners and quite content to have some attention!

I have two cats... the older one wouldn't let me do that as she's scared of the rustling sound of paper (:rolleyes: the term scaredy-cat was made for this cat!) but the younger cat probably would.

Hmm, must buy some wrapping paper tomorrow.... :p