Options

Is Ben going to become an actual credible star?

cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
Forum Member
I do love Ben and am glad he's won, but the fact that he's appeared on the show and won it, isn't that going to actually do him more harm than good?

Meaning that yes, he's now fairly famous within the UK, but how on earth is he going to become a credible rock singer when the general watching public have had to sit through dozens of VTs of him either with him talking about his mum and nan or pictured with them....

I think the fact that they're hell bent on making each and every contestant absolutely adorable and sweetness and light, I doubt this is going to bode well with the direction he would like to go in music wise.

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    It depends on what material he releases and how much effort Syco actually put in to promoting him when he releases his material
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on loads of things like his voters actually buying his music.

That his albums aren't just covers

And promotion
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has the potential and a brilliant natural personality, which is coming across well in media interviews (something Matt Cardle and James Arthur didn't have). At the end of the day it's all down to how much Cowell is willing to invest in him.

The song is getting lots of airplay and looking at social media it's getting a positive response from people outside of the X Factor bubble.

Only time will tell.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will do well in the short term, but in the long term both Ella and Fleur will do a lot better as they have more all round appeal.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will do well in the short term, but in the long term both Ella and Fleur will do a lot better as they have more all round appeal.

Or maybe the opposite will happen. Nobody knows.

When it comes to voting stats Ben had more appeal than both.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously depends how well he's backed which makes it difficult to go one way or the other.
    Backing and marketing can turn even the most dire performer into a credible artist from the perspective of being active in the industry.
    He does nothing for me, in my opinion he should not have even made it into the top 4 and it would not surprise me if he disappeared very quickly.
    That said, we are clueless as to how much backing and marketing he will receive.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben has a great voice one of the best I just hope he'll be given the right material he could be amazing if he gets something like the imagine Dragons - Demons and not made to release pop music. He just needs to stick to the kind of stuff he sung on X Factor.
    Ben definitely has a lot of appeal the bands are very popular at the moment he could appeal to many just along has he stays in the genre he's aiming for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fleur is going in to an already over saturated genre, with lots of established artists who are doing it better. I can't see her USP apart from being British. Your crystal ball must be super efficient.;-)
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he can because in the British music market there isnt many people like him about if he gets the material right like stuff like his debut single and Demons then I can see him doing very well. Just because he is another male winner doesnt mean he wont succeed because I think Ben is different to the others and I for one will buy his single and his album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleur is going in to an already over saturated genre, with lots of established artists who are doing it better. I can't see her USP apart from being British. Your crystal ball must be super efficient.;-)

Not really. It's just pretty easy to see how it is going to pan out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah there are lots of artists the same, didnt do nicki minaj any harm stepping into lil kims light, If simon wants to make her a star - he will,

Why would you begrudge someone success just because you dont like there style?
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicki Minaj has a distinctive and recognisable voice, and so does Jessie J, Iggy Azaelia, Rita Ora, Kelis, Charlie XCX, and pretty much every female solo artist that Fleur would be up against. Simon can try as hard as he likes but this won't be an easy nut to crack as Fleur's voice isn't memorable or recognisable and her image and dance routines are so last decade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicki Minaj has a distinctive and recognisable voice, and so does Jessie J, Iggy Azaelia, Rita Ora, Kelis, Charlie XCX, and pretty much every female solo artist that Fleur would be up against. Simon can try as hard as he likes but this won't be an easy nut to crack as Fleur's voice isn't memorable or recognisable and her image and dance routines are so last decade.

Well I disagree and its your opinion and she actually isnt anything like them artists shes FLEUR. IMO IGGY isnt anything special, Nicki is ALOT better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people thought Leona would be up against Mariah Whitney etc but she held her own

Amount of stick Alex got - she did ok she achieved alot.

Its about material and promotion not about samey artists, music is a big old market so there is a place for everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All the hype of the last 3 weeks has proved the saying that "you can drag a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. I actually hope Fleur does do well. because I like her as a person, but all these fans assuming that it's a foregone conclusion are being very naive in taking Cowell's hyperbole as gospel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the hype of the last 3 weeks has proved the saying that "you can drag a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. I actually hope Fleur does do well. because I like her as a person, but all these fans assuming that it's a foregone conclusion are being very naive in taking Cowell's hyperbole as gospel.

Nothing is gospel, but I do believe he genuinely wants to sign fleur and make her a star, why wouldnt he - she proved herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing is gospel, but I do believe he genuinely wants to sign fleur and make her a star, why wouldnt he - she proved herself.

I agree, he does want to make her a star and he will try hard to make it happen, it's the happening part that isn't the certainty. I believe she will have some success but not to level that Cowell is suggesting. Coming up with comment's like 'Global Star' is only setting her up for a potential fall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully she can keep all her options open as there will be interest from a lot of people regards signing her. There is the tour to come first, so it will be a few months anyway before anything happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, he does want to make her a star and he will try hard to make it happen, it's the happening part that isn't the certainty. I believe she will have some success but not to level that Cowell is suggesting. Coming up with comment's like 'Global Star' is only setting her up for a potential fall.

Depends WHAT he does with her I'm expecting collaberations-a-plenty and really good material, time will tell, but I hope they both have success.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he gets the right song's, good gigs and that is the job of the management company, he could be, trouble could be he gets sidelined in favour of Fleur.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    If he's given edgier indie rock songs, I can see him being a success for at least the next couple of years. He needs a team of good writers behind him.
  • Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben will flop and so will fleur

i see only 1 act who will be successful and thats Lauren

Yes i know i expect replies that will start insulting her cause i said that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben will flop and so will fleur

i see only 1 act who will be successful and thats Lauren

Yes i know i expect replies that will start insulting her cause i said that

I knew exactly what you were going to say without having to read your post. Everyone will be a flop except Lauren.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew exactly what you were going to say without having to read your post. Everyone will be a flop except Lauren.

Andrea may not be a flop. I think with the right management he can be successful. Fleur maybe but dont think shes vocally strong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but im 95% sure Ben will flop