Options

Most Disturbing Moment In A Film

rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
Forum Member
What is the most disturbing moment you have ever seen in a film?

For me one of them would have to be in Schindler's list when a Jewish man gets shot in the hallway and his skull is like electrocuted and all the blood starts pouring out....

Horrible stuff.

I'll always remember watching my first proper scary movie - Scream, and i got so freaked out as i was like 14 or something...

Comments

• Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll always remember watching my first proper scary movie - Scream, and i got so freaked out as i was like 14 or something...

true story - my sis was in the states and went to see scream. when she and her mate came out they saw a woman on the floor blood pouring from a huge gaping maw in her neck and a man screaming for help. they phoned an ambulance but she died. they gave statements to the police and that and the story was that some blokes shot her from a van.

turns out though, he was in the mafia and she had found a shedload of money in a suitcase and she wanted to turn it in. so he arranged to have her shot.

needless to say my sis cant watch scream ever again. or anyother horrible film.
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    My god that's horrible, poor them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My god that's horrible, poor them.

i know. her friend had to go to court as well to testify. my sis didnt though.
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    The rape scene in 'Scum', always numbs me. Then to watch the poor lad so distraught in his cell after slashing his wrists, trying to get the ignorant wardens attention.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's probably quite tame nowadays but the scene in Robocop when the gang kill the police officer really disturbed me when i was young.

Very graphic at the time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    The rape scene in 'Scum', always numbs me. Then to watch the poor lad so distraught in his cell after slashing his wrists, trying to get the ignorant wardens attention.

oooo it was the snooker balls in the sock that got me in that film
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sophie's Choice' (1982) has always disturbed me.

Particularly the scene when she is made to choose to save the life of her son Jan, or her daughter Eva upon arrival at Auschwitz.
    She chooses to save her son who is sent to the children's camp while her daughter Eva, is sent to her death in the crematorium.
    She never finds her son.

Haunting.
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A certain rape scene in Irreversible is pretty DARN disturbing.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote: »
    I know it's probably quite tame nowadays but the scene in Robocop when the gang kill the police officer really disturbed me when i was young.

Very graphic at the time
    You haven't by any chance seen the special edition of RoboCop, have you? The death scene has only a second or two of footage restored, and some alternative angles for shots, but it is a lot more greusome now than it was in 1987, so if you thought the original scene was bad, you probably should avoid the new version.

Paddy :D
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The suicide in Hidden.
  • Options
    toastiestoasties Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member

the scene in the club is pretty shocking too.

Great film but wouldn't want to watch it again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    the whole "Bite the kerb" scene in American History X is pretty awful, fantastic film but I always hate that part, I am a wimp!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The phantom being shot in 'Inland Empire', clowns and fetuses and misshapen faces :p
  • Options
    gazzajozzagazzajozza Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    the hostel films - especially in hotel part two when one of the wealthy killers cuts the young girl to death and bathes in her blood. Sick :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gazzajozza wrote: »
    the hostel films - especially in hotel part two when one of the wealthy killers cuts the young girl to death and bathes in her blood. Sick :eek:

Is it wrong that I was slightly turned on by that?

Same film... the end scenes with her and her would be killer and what she does to his... er... *shivers thinking about it*
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the scenes in 'Sleepers' - particularly the scenes when the evil prison warden (played by Kevin Bacon) raped and brutalized those four young boys - it was quite graphic as well if I remember..
  • Options
    Blackhorse47Blackhorse47 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disturbing doesn't have to be graphic. In Kiss me Deadly from the fifties I found one scene very disturbing. The woman you presume is to be the heroine is screaming off-screen and then the bad guy saunters into view holding a pair of pliers. Imagining what had gone on is far worse than anything they'd probably show in full view these days.
  • Options
    Joe StrummerJoe Strummer Posts: 1,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scum has some very disturbing scenes.

One for me that always springs to mind is Trainspotting where Begbie glasses the geezer in the pub. Not nice.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annie Wilkes smashing Paul Sheldon's ankles...*shudders* - What a film! :p
  • Options
    Edd_1980Edd_1980 Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    The rape scene from Last House On The Left always chills me. Then again nearly the wole film does.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I found the sceen in The Green Mile where Edward Delacroix is electrocuted to be very disturbing. Percy Whetmore had purposely not put the wet sponge on his head to aid the electrical current ! and that image stayed with me for a long time. Other than that ! the film was brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene in 'Fire in the Sky' for me, where the aliens are experimenting on the guy they abducted. That freaked me out for weeks afterwards.
  • Options
    harry_keoghharry_keogh Posts: 62
    Forum Member

same here ...Poor lovely Monica Bellucci...
  • Options
    scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene in American Psycho when he dangles the chainsaw over the balcony & aims it at the woman (Chloe Svenigy!?) I think.
  • Options
    marknotgeorgemarknotgeorge Posts: 2,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gazzajozza wrote: »

Hostel part 2 is a grim, horrible, pointless film. Mrs MnG put it on at Christmas (when Love Actually was on, in fact) out of curiosity. I was trying to read a book, and if there was somewhere else I could've comfortably gone in the house, I would have left the room. To be honest, I would have preferred to watch Love Actually.