Options

USA HD TV in the UK

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
Hi all,

I'm hoping I can get some help from this forum. The girlfriend and I will be hosting a Super Bowl party at home on the big night for a few friends. Some of them aren't too interested in the game itself and were saying they'd be looking forward to the half time show and the adverts.

However, UK broadcasts don't show the famous adverts....so I wondered, is there any way I can get a HD stream/broadcast of the USA game broadcast here in the UK?

I hope this question is permitted here. I don't mind paying a monthly subscription for a day/week/month if need be (I'd rather not sign up to a yearly subscription if I can avoid it as it'll only be for the 1 night).

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Yep.
    Its called the internet and no doubt there will be countless streams of the Super Bowl on many illegal-streaming sites
    Beyond that, no. Nothing official anyway
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t_jones439 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm hoping I can get some help from this forum. The girlfriend and I will be hosting a Super Bowl party at home on the big night for a few friends. Some of them aren't too interested in the game itself and were saying they'd be looking forward to the half time show and the adverts.

However, UK broadcasts don't show the famous adverts....so I wondered, is there any way I can get a HD stream/broadcast of the USA game broadcast here in the UK?

I hope this question is permitted here. I don't mind paying a monthly subscription for a day/week/month if need be (I'd rather not sign up to a yearly subscription if I can avoid it as it'll only be for the 1 night).

Thanks for the help

Heaven help us, as someone who has suffered a Super Bowl while in America let me just say only sport haters watch the game for adverts, way too much bloody boring advertising during the game as it is without elevating adverts to cult status
  • Options
    gers09gers09 Posts: 1,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main question here would be - Why do people want to stay up until 3am on a Monday morning just to watch adverts????

Sky will show the NBC coverage so other than adverts you're getting the whole package.

I love American Football and watch atleast 3 games live every week but I'm really falling out of love with the Superbowl. Give me the Divisional Finals any day.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm
    a few new members asking similar questions methinks

but if not
    CARRY ON
  • Options
    Pete2kPete2k Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Usual HD feed for METV will be on Telstar 12
  • Options
    chammer97chammer97 Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    USTVNow would be the place to go!

It offers a mix of free & paid packages. Free packages allow for free online streaming of ABC, NBC, CBS and a couple more channels. These offer free HD streaming for the first month-or-so!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    When is the Super Bowl on?
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any other UK channel showing the Super bowl other than Sky this time round and if show what US TV coverage will they be using. I usally record it and watch some of it the next night. As I like to watch some of the half time show.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ney wrote: »
    Any other UK channel showing the Super bowl other than Sky this time round and if show what US TV coverage will they be using. I usally record it and watch some of it the next night. As I like to watch some of the half time show.

Darren

Channel 4 also.
    And they will show the coverage from the host broadcaster who i believe is NBC this season (Please correct if wrong)
  • Options
    Brian_BourdonBrian_Bourdon Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    gers09 wrote: »
    My main question here would be - Why do people want to stay up until 3am on a Monday morning just to watch adverts????

Sky will show the NBC coverage so other than adverts you're getting the whole package.

I love American Football and watch atleast 3 games live every week but I'm really falling out of love with the Superbowl. Give me the Divisional Finals any day.

I felt the same way after last year's week long NFL promo fest in New York and the FOX 5 hour promo before the blow out but that's the US for you. Everything is a commercial opportunity especially sport.

USTV is great but remember every man and his dog will be on that site for the game so it will be buffer hell.
  • Options
    Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,497
    Forum Member
    gers09 wrote: »
    The adverts are better than the game. The only time I've watched the Superbowl it was in a bar in America and it was the only time I've seen saw people stay around to watch the ad breaks and then go to the loo
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Channel 4 also.
    And they will show the coverage from the host broadcaster who i believe is NBC this season (Please correct if wrong)

Thanks for that.

Darren
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could try USTV now though it cost quite a bit to get not sure how it will also cope with the event as many others will be trying to stream it to.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could try USTV now though it cost quite a bit to get not sure how it will also cope with the event as many others will be trying to stream it to.

Costs nothing to watch NBC on USTV Now
  • Options
    PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »

To watch the HD stream it does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »

Surely NBC would block the super bowl in the UK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Surely NBC would block the super bowl in the UK?

I would imagine that GEO-Blocking would be in effect but thats if its an official stream.