Why is BBC TV all shuffled around next week?

ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
Forum Member
✭✭
Apprentice Tuesday?
Waterloo Road Wednesday?
Watchdog Thursday?

Seems a little odd they've changed programme schedules for 8/9pm this week. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks. :)

Comments

• simonosimono Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect it has something to do with Britains got talent being on ITV all week
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ollie1004 wrote: »
    Apprentice Tuesday?
    Waterloo Road Wednesday?
    Watchdog Thursday?

Seems a little odd they've changed programme schedules for 8/9pm this week. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks. :)

Makes no difference to me as I don't watch any of the programmes mentioned!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Makes no difference to me as I don't watch any of the programmes mentioned!

Then don't comment if it does not apply to you:rolleyes:
  • P-ComboP-Combo Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why they put watchdog on Thursday when Wednesdays schedule is normaly Thursdays.

BGT isn't on Wednesday so maybe that's to get ratings for waterloo road and eastenders. Forget watchdog who cares about that :).... NOT!!
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waterloo Road, being about a school, has a large younger audience - the sort of audience likely to watch BGT. WR has already dropped to below 3m against Emmerdale so against BGT could fall below 2m.:eek:. So the BBC have moved it to Wednesday this week to play against the football likely to rate much lower than BGT.

And so Watchdog moves to Thursday to give WR its Wednesday slot.

Similarly the new medical drama, Frankie, will likely have a large female audience, so they don't want to put it on against Coronation Street which will have the same, So the BBC have moved it to Wednesday to play against the football likely to be a more male-friendly TV programme.

So The Apprentice, which has a track record of rating okay against Coronation Street and BGT Live Results moves to Tuesday to give Frankie its Wednesday slot.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They forget we can hardly miss anything nowadays that can't be watched somehow.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changes are made as "the one true god is ratings."
    So what the competition is doing at specific times, if changes are made, is more important than keeping faith with the viewers, which seems an odd way of approaching a business.
    I never trust my telly mag.
    Always check on the day if I've a planned recording of a programme.