Options

KH's Twitter

Comments

• Options
    Red-EyeRed-Eye Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    robborocks wrote: »
    KH is a knob and pathetic.

But the Hitler comparisons are beyond childish, there is no comparison.

I said the early stages of Hitler. When you look up Hitler's life before he came to power the similarities are there.

Trust me I'm not the type of person who just invokes Godwin's Law like that. There's a reason I'm starting to see it. As of now I don't think she has any plans to get to power but if she ever does...God help us all. :(

And hi BTW, haven't seen you for a while. :)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red-Eye wrote: »
    I said the early stages of Hitler. When you look up Hitler's life before he came to power the similarities are there.

Trust me I'm not the type of person who just invokes Godwin's Law like that. There's a reason I'm starting to see it. As of now I don't think she has any plans to get to power but if she ever does...God help us all. :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/katie-hopkins-when-is-enough-enough-10186490.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »

Very interesting to see I'm not alone in thinking it.

I remember when TwoDeadFlies wrote about this as well on this Forum some time back but she wrote it about it in a much more eloquent, articulate and intelligent way than I ever could. :)
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    What an interesting article ^^ - during BB I was guilty of drawing parallels to Hitler - whilst a few could see my point it was pretty much ridiculed and seen as OTT. I think if this hateful woman had any sort of power she'd be frightening (as are the people applauding her). Quite how the Sun get away with printing her spiteful, hate fuelled garbage I really don't know.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links Anne, must admit that I've read them but okay to go over again.

I'm disgusted by recent events, the woman is an utter disgrace, you can almost feel her making her next move. Twitter nearly burst today but there will always be something that she will use to cushion the blows. I note she linked to this article written today

Well written but the author does not see the prior disgust before her TRASH went viral nor is their any attempt to pass comment on those that agree with what she says. I would not be surprised if she uses some of the author's comments to substantiate why people should not be disgusted at her.

You're quite right Penny, I dread to think if she was let loose with any 'real' power. They say the pen can be mightier than the sword, well I wish she would swallow hers as her next act!
  • Options
    _Matt_Matt Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    What concerns me isn't Hopkins but the number of people who seem to swallow her drivel unthinkingly and champion her hate speech. Who are these people?! Did they not receive an education? Are they incapable of critical thought? It certainly appears so.

The one thing that seems sadly certain is that this will all end in tears for Hopkins. Actions have consequences and there is bound to be somebody who would quite like to take things too far in the way she does, only in real life and not through a rubbish tabloid. I don't want to see it - the answer isn't violence, but Katie is rolling out the red carpet for the lunatics who'd like to do her harm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Thanks for the links Anne, must admit that I've read them but okay to go over again.

I'm disgusted by recent events, the woman is an utter disgrace, you can almost feel her making her next move. Twitter nearly burst today but there will always be something that she will use to cushion the blows. I note she linked to this article written today

Well written but the author does not see the prior disgust before her TRASH went viral nor is their any attempt to pass comment on those that agree with what she says. I would not be surprised if she uses some of the author's comments to substantiate why people should not be disgusted at her.

You're quite right Penny, I dread to think if she was let loose with any 'real' power. They say the pen can be mightier than the sword, well I wish she would swallow hers as her next act!

I think that's a sanctimonious and cheap shot article Mrs. T. How dare anyone suggest that people are more upset by her comments, than the actual tragedy. He knows this how? Utter nonsense or does he take to Twitter to express any emotion in life? The two and any reaction are not comparable in any way. This person needs a reality check or is it pure projection?
  • Options
    xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over analysing someones behaviour doesn't make it any less repulsive.
    KH may not be responsible for how others react to the rubbish she spouts but she sure deserves the negativite reaction that comes her way in response. Thank god there are more people who see through her than not, she's a fame **** who hand picks the most controversial subjects, the subjects that will gauge the highest reaction. she's ever on the hunt for a reaction from someone in the public eye, why? to keep her name rolling round there in the media. Russell Brand owned her with one tweet recently as anyone with any intelligence does.
    Anyone who thinks her motive is anything other than financial gain is very naive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    robborocks wrote: »
    KH is a knob and pathetic.

But the Hitler comparisons are beyond childish, there is no comparison.

Really? She describes men , women and children as cockroaches and describes apathy at watching their dead bodies, she's not a million miles away from hitler
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    moleymo wrote: »
    Really? She describes men , women and children as cockroaches and describes apathy at watching their dead bodies, she's not a million miles away from hitler
    She truly is a vile, attention seeking, harridan. The people who employ her, to spew her bile out, should hang their heads in shame.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that's a sanctimonious and cheap shot article Mrs. T. How dare anyone suggest that people are more upset by her comments, than the actual tragedy. He knows this how? Utter nonsense or does he take to Twitter to express any emotion in life? The two and any reaction are not comparable in any way. This person needs a reality check or is it pure projection?

Well it certainly does not reflect my feelings.

A certain petition has gained quite a momentum, nice to see the numbers rising, even if it doesn't alter her gob it's nice to see like minded people signing the same. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

A certain petition has gained quite a momentum, nice to see the numbers rising, even if it doesn't alter her gob it's nice to see like minded people signing the same. :)
    I've signed and shared it on Twitter and Facebook.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks Mrs T. Signed and shared on Facebook.. Over 83,000 in one day speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I've signed and shared it on Twitter and Facebook.
    Thanks Mrs T. Signed and shared on Facebook.. Over 83,000 in one day speaks volumes.

Thank you both and also for sharing on your FB's xx
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

What an interesting article ^^ - during BB I was guilty of drawing parallels to Hitler - whilst a few could see my point it was pretty much ridiculed and seen as OTT. I think if this hateful woman had any sort of power she'd be frightening (as are the people applauding her). Quite how the Sun get away with printing her spiteful, hate fuelled garbage I really don't know.

Great article there. I particularly enjoyed the way it vindicated posters that have been suggesting all along this comparison with Hitler is real and justified :cool: :)

Signed and shared :cool: :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great article there. I particularly enjoyed the way it vindicated posters that have been suggesting all along this comparison with Hitler is real and justified :cool: :)

Signed and shared :cool: :)

Thank you

I'm so glad that I stuck to my morals during CBB, we were not wrong :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you both and also for sharing on your FB's xx
    :) x
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you

No, we weren't and I know categorically and absolutely that the people who support that woman and her views are the kind of people that I would avoid at all costs in RL

Uncharitable, unkind, disingenous, charmless, sneering upper middle class wannabe - imagine the misery of having to be like that every day of your life?

The only thing I find mildly amusing is that she would despise so many that defend her equally as much as the poor bastards she disparages for kicks.

EDIT - I gladly signed the petition Mrs T :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Signed it last night. :)

Won't be long before someone cries "You're denying her fweedumb of speech"!

(Funny how "freedom of speech" only ever applies to bigots and never those who take issue with what the bigots say.)

Bunions wrote: »
    No, we weren't and I know categorically and absolutely that the people who support that woman and her views are the kind of people that I would avoid at all costs in RL

Uncharitable, unkind, disingenous, charmless, sneering upper middle class wannabe - imagine the misery of having to be like that every day of your life?

The only thing I find mildly amusing is that she would despise so many that defend her equally as much as the poor bastards she disparages for kicks.

EDIT - I gladly signed the petition Mrs T :)

Yup, I wasn't fooled by her for a second. Saw what through her before she even entered the house!

What's really interesting is seeing her supposed bestie Michelle Visage take a massive U-Turn on her since leaving CBB. Just look at her Twitter, she's taken an issue with Hopkins about this as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Signed it last night. :)

Won't be long before someone cries "You're denying her fweedumb of speech"!

(Funny how "freedom of speech" only ever applies to bigots and never those who take issue with what the bigots say.)

Yup, I wasn't fooled by her for a second. Saw what through her before she even entered the house!

What's really interesting is seeing her supposed bestie Michelle Visage take a massive U-Turn on her since leaving CBB. Just look at her Twitter, she's taken an issue with Hopkins about this as well.
    It was Michelle's support of the objectionable hag that made her lose all credibility with me.

How can you purport to be there for the down-trodden and 'the misfits' when you're encouraging and backing-up the KH position? :o

Pfft

I've just shared it on a political page I'm affiliated to on FB that's got a few thousand supporters so hopefully they'll reach the magic 150K pretty soon ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was Michelle's support of the objectionable hag that made her lose all credibility with me.

How can you purport to be there for the down-trodden and 'the misfits' when you're encouraging and backing-up the KH position? :o

Pfft

Very true.

That's like Tony Benn having a barbecue and shits & giggles with the likes of the BNP and the KKK! It's just unheard of and a ridiculous thing to do.
    I've just shared it on a political page I'm affiliated to on FB that's got a few thousand supporters so hopefully they'll reach the magic 150K pretty soon ;-)

Part of me really hopes it receives more than the undeserving Clarkson Petition but sadly I don't see it happening. :(

150K is still a good number though and has more of a chance of happening. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true.

That's like Tony Benn having a barbecue and shits & giggles with the likes of the BNP and the KKK! It's just unheard of and a ridiculous thing to do.
    Exactly.

I know all of humankind is complex but Michelle was just too much of a mind***k for me.

I'll never know whether she's just an idiot who will crawl up the arse of whomever she considers to be the most powerful or if she did what she did because she perceived KH to be popular and thought it might enable her to stay longer.

Either way - it made me dislike her intensely.

Who the hell are you if you don't stand up for what you believe in?
    Part of me really hopes it receives more than the undeserving Clarkson Petition but sadly I don't see it happening. :(

150K is still a good number though and has more of a chance of happening. :)
    You never know................let's see what happens ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly.

I know all of humankind is complex but Michelle was just too much of a mind***k for me.

I'll never know whether she's just an idiot who will crawl up the arse of whomever she considers to be the most powerful or if she did what she did because she perceived KH to be popular and thought it might enable her to stay longer.

Yup, I have friends who I do have some disagreements on but those types of disagreements always involves silly things like what movies, TV shows, videos games we like/dislike etc. Never have I ever encounted nor made friends with any hateful bigots thankfully. :)

And the amount of times I've seen people fawn over supposedly "popular" tw@*s whose so rude and dismissive towards the same people sucking up to them and yet still follow the tw@*s around like they're God's Gifts to the world who can do no wrong and agree with every one of their "questionable" views without argument!

Just...YUCK!

Who the hell are you if you don't stand up for what you believe in?

Do you really want me to answer want me to answer that question? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, I have friends who I do have some disagreements on but those types of disagreements always involves silly things like what movies, TV shows, videos games we like/dislike etc. Never have I ever encounted nor made friends with any hateful bigots thankfully. :)

And the amount of times I've seen people fawn over supposedly "popular" tw@*s whose so rude and dismissive towards the same people sucking up to them and yet still follow the tw@*s and around like they're God's Gifts to the world who can do no wrong and agree with every one of their "questionable" views without argument!

Just...YUCK!

Do you really want me to answer want me to answer that question? :D
    Who are ya? WHO ARE YA?? :p:D

And re your first paragraph - I agree.

The folk on here that I can't stomach would be given a swerve by me in RL too.

I actually steer clear of certain threads on these forums in order to avoid them and their shit.
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you

Me too and I've signed and shared