Voice your opinion now (if you want to)

BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Spoiling ballot papers, protest voting etc on June 4th, whilst seeming to be a good idea, will not directly effect the target of all the frustration and downright anger we all have for Westminister Politicians.

Obviously there will be no General Election called by Labour, particularly when they are at such a low point in opinion polls.

If (like me) you feel the need to still register your opinion now (and not in 12 months time) there is a petition requesting that HM, dissolve parliament without delay.

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/the-queen-to-dissolve-parliament-and-call-a-general-election.html

Yeah, I know it will not achieve much, but hey ho, you might feel better in yourself....................I did. ;)

Binnman

Comments

• jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Signed, as you say it won't come to anything but it's still worth voicing an opinion.
  • TequilaTequila Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    McBroon won't give a rat's bottom but I'll sign it anyway.
  • pauli89pauli89 Posts: 12,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If parliament is dissolved and an election called over this it will just mean we will get the Tories in power who are equally to blame for it all.

If it meant someone new and fresh, a change, yea I'd be up for it.

As it stands it just a desperate tactic to get a party in on the back of something they are equally as guilty as doing.

That is not democracy and shame on any Tories wanting it that way.

Get in power on idears, and promises.
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pauli89 wrote: »
    If parliament is dissolved and an election called over this it will just mean we will get the Tories in power who are equally to blame for it all.

As it stands it just a desperate tactic to get a party in on the back of something they are equally as guilty as doing.

May I take this opportunity, to quote a phrase you have used several times tonight;
    The fact that you are bringing party politics into an issue (MP's expenses) which is non party political just goes to show who is bias(ed)

Binnman
  • Bill AdacioBill Adacio Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binnman wrote: »
    May I take this opportunity, to quote a phrase you have used several times tonight;

Binnman

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Binnman

Yes, because opinion polls have shown this issue to be favourable to the Tories over the government. Sadly that is the way the public work.

There is only one reason why you are asking for an election off the back of this - it is because the Tories have benefited.

For the good of the country we need something fresh, not a party voted in off the back of something they did themselves.

You know it's true.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All you do is try put all the emphasis of his problems on the expenses row now rather than the fact he is plain useless as an PM.

Brown has had the skids under him a long time but to you it appears better to say all parties are to blame now for Brown's uselessness, which they aren't.

Yes all parties are to blame for the expenses scandal, but they are not all to blame for the disaster Brown has been both as a chancellor and a PM. Even his own MPs can see that they want to get shot of Mr Incompetent and who can blame them he is leading them out of a job.

Leaving the expenses issue out of it for a moment that still does not make Brown's position any better. He is just not a leader either of this country or his party.

The world must be laughing at him especially over that Mr Smiley Clown Youtube video what an embarrasment that was to his party and more importantly to this country. The Queen must have seen it and cringed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because opinion polls have shown this issue to be favourable to the Tories over the government. Sadly that is the way the public work.

There is only one reason why you are asking for an election off the back of this - it is because the Tories have benefited.

For the good of the country we need something fresh, not a party voted in off the back of something they did themselves.

You know it's true.

I've said it once before, but I'll repeat it just for you young Labour Lad;

As long as my arse points South I will not vote Tory

Binnman
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    The world must be laughing at him especially over that Mr Smiley Clown Youtube video what an embarrasment that was to his party and more importantly to this country. The Queen must have seen it and cringed.

I hope he doesn't do that weird grin on the campaign trail (if he doesn't stop in his bunker, that is). It scares me so God knows what it'll do to the kids!
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Binnman.....you are a Labour supporter?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tequila wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't do that weird grin on the campaign trail (if he doesn't stop in his bunker, that is). It scares me so God knows what it'll do to the kids!

Next time Brown appears on Sky TV before the watershed they are going to have it pin protected like they do the films in case he does scare the kiddies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron has all the charisma of Boris Karloff....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    Cameron has all the charisma of Boris Karloff....

. . . . . and Brown has the charisma of the arse end of a panto horse.

At least Cameron can make decisions and lead as I said someone else is dragging Brown around behind him like that part of a panto horse
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hghg...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    . .
    At least Cameron can make decisions and lead

He's not done anything so far, he's already got issues with Boris and Clarke banging on his door...

Standing in front of a TV camera, once in 3 years, and talking a load of empty stuff is not "leading".

Just because the Telegraph says it is, doesn't mean it is.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You know it's true.

Tory MP's will have to face the public as well, surely it's right that the people should decide who is trustworthy and who is a complete git.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not done anything so far, he's already got issues with Boris and Clarke banging on his door...

Standing in front of a TV camera, once in 3 years, and talking a load of empty stuff is not "leading".

Just because the Telegraph says it is, doesn't mean it is.

The sad thing is if Brown came out fighting he would destroy Cameron for the poor man`s Lord Snooty he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've said it once before, but I'll repeat it just for you young Labour Lad;

As long as my arse points South I will not vote Tory

Binnman

As I said Binnman, if this action meant the election of a new fresh party not involved in all this junk: I would be behind you.

As it stands it just means the election of a stale old alternative who have had their snouts in the trough also.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Binnman`s arse points north......
    Forum Member
    As I said Binnman, if this action meant the election of a new fresh party not involved in all this junk: I would be behind you.

As it stands it just means the election of a stale old alternative who have had their snouts in the trough also.

We need parties that represent the country truthfully.

We need a stricter line on immigration, a tougher line with the EU, the rolling back of the surveillance state, quango/fake charity/focus group bonfires and the reinstatement of genuine democracy at all levels of government including some form of PR. I'm sure any competent party with this on its manifesto would win by a landslide - whether left or right.
  • Bill AdacioBill Adacio Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is if Brown came out fighting he would destroy Cameron for the poor man`s Lord Snooty he is.

Or alternatively, Brown could lumber around the ring like something out of an old silent comedy, swinging haymakers that were going full circle to connect with his own head, and Cameron could watch being counted out on the canvass without even having had to get off his stool.

That's more in line with how this particular fight has been shaping up.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one of the leaders whos come accross with even a modicum of understanding of the electorates outrage at this was Clegg , today, on Andrew Marr.

However, like the other two, its reactionary, for something he knew was going on for years, and its taken his speech writers a week to come up with a good stance on the subject.

As for the general election. I suspect we will get one in september. They will anounce it after the June 4th polls.

And no, it isnt in Labour's interest, but I also do not think they have much choice. Apart from anything, the speaker is determined to stay until the next election and it would be extremely difficult to remove him, an early election would also solve that problem, although , again, he would be rewarded with around £100K of taxpayers money in parachute payments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binnman`s arse points north......

Indeed it does my Irish friend...................the clue is in my location.

Binnman
  • andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoiling ballot papers, protest voting etc on June 4th, whilst seeming to be a good idea, will not directly effect the target of all the frustration and downright anger we all have for Westminister Politicians.

Obviously there will be no General Election called by Labour, particularly when they are at such a low point in opinion polls.

If (like me) you feel the need to still register your opinion now (and not in 12 months time) there is a petition requesting that HM, dissolve parliament without delay.

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/the-queen-to-dissolve-parliament-and-call-a-general-election.html

Yeah, I know it will not achieve much, but hey ho, you might feel better in yourself....................I did. ;)

Binnman

Wrong. A significant protest vote or deliberately spoiled ballots is all these people understand.

The epitition is little more valid than one of those newspaper premium rate Yes/No telephone polls.
  • Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder where all the Labour supporters on the Politics forum have gone?:p