Options

Christina Aguilera splits with husband

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow im shocked at this, thought they were great together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    "The insider continued: "They were very much in love. But over the last six months, it became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife."

:D:D:D:D:D

This cracked me up. They married in 2005, were very much in love and five years later in 2010 they are more like friends!

What on earth do these celebrity cretins think marriage is all about? Marriage is meant to be a commitment that is based on love and also mutual respect. Once the first flush of lust goes away, the couple are then supposed to work on the relationship using a deepening sense of love and mutual respect until they have a comfortable relationship that will stand the test of time.

Apparently the fireworks sputtered and these two idiots decided that despite having now produced a responsibility in the form of their child, they now don't love each other?

What utter codswallop, I suspect that they were never 'in love' as people laughingly call it today. Most of these celebrities wouldn't know love if it up and bit them in the ass. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. They have always seemed like a mismatched couple. He came across as a geeky Jewish boy. And she comes across as very wild. I would not be surprised if she was cheating on him with other men/women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not surprised. They have always seemed like a mismatched couple. He came across as a geeky Jewish boy. And she comes across as very wild. I would not be surprised if she was cheating on him with other men/women.

I agree. When they married I didn't see a couple very much in love. I think he was a means to an end, although I'm not sure what that 'end' would be. She's never hidden her outrageous sexuality. I suppose it could have been a case of opposites attract, but obviously it wasn't that. I think he gave her something she needed at the time and now she feels hemmed in by the marriage.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    What really?

But they have all that sex? And all those naked Sundays?

How could their marraige be on the rocks when they have soooooo much sex and he's sooooo cool about her finding women sexually attractive, coz Christina fancies girls you know!
    It'a secret though, she hardly ever mentions it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What really?

But they have all that sex? And all those naked Sundays?

How could their marraige be on the rocks when they have soooooo much sex and he's sooooo cool about her finding women sexually attractive, coz Christina fancies girls you know!
    It'a secret though, she hardly ever mentions it.

Obviously a case of them both protesting far too much!

:D:D
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Christina's life must suck right now, first her music career flops hard and now her marriage dies a death. I wonder how her debut movie will do...

Bad luck comes in threes an all that so I wont hold out for Oscar worthy performances.
  • Options
    ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    She has been with him since 2002. This was a real relationship. She never used him for any gain. He is a no one. If she wanted to pimp herself through marriage she would have married someone as famous as her.

This is very sad news.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    She has been with him since 2002. This was a real relationship. She never used him for any gain. He is a no one. If she wanted to pimp herself through marriage she would have married someone as famous as her.

This is very sad news.

Did she sell her wedding and baby pictures?
  • Options
    Forum Member

This is very sad news.

I think that a real relationship would last a little longer than eight years. Marriages don't work all by themselves, the people in it have to work hard at it.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    I agree. When they married I didn't see a couple very much in love. I think he was a means to an end, although I'm not sure what that 'end' would be. She's never hidden her outrageous sexuality. I suppose it could have been a case of opposites attract, but obviously it wasn't that. I think he gave her something she needed at the time and now she feels hemmed in by the marriage.

Quite the opposite, they were very smitten with one another! You only have to look at his interview on the Circus tour DVD to see that when he's talking about Christina becoming pregnant. They may have only been married since 2005 but he's been in the background for years before that (dating), they certainly had something between the two of them. And for her to actually marry someone like him, and have everyone critisising him, I certainly think she was certain he was the right guy for her, (listen to back2basics) and certainly didnt care about others opinions. Sadly I think whats gone wrong is, she's quite egotistical and her career has took abit of a nosedive at late, no doubt she wants to get back out there and isnt content with just sitting at home and having a normal marriage. Could be wrong but that's what i think it is. Yes the passion may have gone sooner than she expected but all marriage get to a level of comfort, you dont walk away. Clearly she wants more excitement in her life, and should have thought about that before actually marrying Jordan. She's actually very lucky he's a 'great friend' alot of marriages could do with their parner being more on the same wavelength :D I don't see it as a negative, more a positive :D If they do split, I can see her going back to him after a while imo.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she sell her wedding and baby pictures?

Baby pictures yes, she seemed so proud. Wedding pictures no she didn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The insider continued: "They were very much in love. But over the last six months, it became clear they were more like friends than husband and wife."

This cracked me up. They married in 2005, were very much in love and five years later in 2010 they are more like friends!

What on earth do these celebrity cretins think marriage is all about? Marriage is meant to be a commitment that is based on love and also mutual respect. Once the first flush of lust goes away, the couple are then supposed to work on the relationship using a deepening sense of love and mutual respect until they have a comfortable relationship that will stand the test of time.

Apparently the fireworks sputtered and these two idiots decided that despite having now produced a responsibility in the form of their child, they now don't love each other?

What utter codswallop, I suspect that they were never 'in love' as people laughingly call it today. Most of these celebrities wouldn't know love if it up and bit them in the ass. :rolleyes:

Couldn't of put it better myself :)
  • Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She and Britney should get together, they're made for each other. Neither will find a man good enough for them or one that satisfies them, so go for it girls with each other.... will do your album sales no end of good, ditto your love life.

What would we call them? Bristina? Chrisney? :D
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    She and Britney should get together, they're made for each other. Neither will find a man good enough for them or one that satisfies them, so go for it girls with each other.... will do your album sales no end of good, ditto your love life.

What would we call them? Bristina? Chrisney? :D

as long as it is not a recording partnership as only Christina can sing
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she wanted to pimp herself through marriage she would have married someone as famous as her.

like Beyonce
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised at the replies on this thread. Eight years doesn't count as a real relationship? Can it not be genuine but still come to a natural end? I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship but for them to be together that long and not hog the limelight at all, it must be genuine. Just because they're celebrities, doesn't mean they can't experience real emotions!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised at the replies on this thread. Eight years doesn't count as a real relationship? Can it not be genuine but still come to a natural end? I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship but for them to be together that long and not hog the limelight at all, it must be genuine. Just because they're celebrities, doesn't mean they can't experience real emotions!

Your comment is fair comment, but is indicative of the attitude of people today when they get married. Nobody these days makes any kind of commitment to longevity of a relationship. In addition once there are children in the mix it does really behove the parents to at least try with the relationship and no, eight years really isn't giving it a fair crack of the whip. Ten years perhaps. At least that gives them time to decided whether the friendship part of the relationship is at least in place.

Most, if not all, celebrities don't seem to think that they have to make a marriage work. It just appears to be off with the old and on with the new. Also celebrities tend to have the worst divorce track records, probably due to the nature of their work. They meet other attractive stars on set or are introduced at some function, the chemistry happens and that's what they often base their relationship on. Bad idea. Sexual/physical attraction on its own is not the best basis for a good marriage.

One of the reasons that the divorce rates are so high these days is because most young couples seem to go into marriage with the comforting idea that if it doesn't work they can always get divorced. Hardly the best sort of mindset to try and make what used to be a lifetime commitment work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    This is about as shocking as Joe McElderry coming out, and I'm amazed anyone is surprised :confused:

She did what lots of women do in their twenties - try and settle down with a 'nice' guy, and convince herself her wild days were behind her. There's only so long that can be kept up, after all - the truth is she could have any man she wanted with a click of her fingers.

I'd bet money that she has cheated on him, in fact I've even said so on here before.

Maybe they were 'in love', but from day one I thought this one was doomed. As has been correctly said in this very thread, most celebs don't have the tools to stay married long term and this is just yet another example.

I have to laugh when the statements are released after these splits - 'our child/children remain the most important thing in our lives'. If that was the case, and they were once 'in love' and are on good terms, they would do anything they can to save the marriage and bring the child up in a stable environment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

:D

I wish there were more people who shared your outlook, but most people just make excuses for marriages/relationships coming to an end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    From what she's said, he came to her when she wasn't in a good place...so it may have been a text book case of latching onto someone and thinking it's love when they show you any affection.

Christina may seem like a larger than life, hyper sexualised diva...but you can tell she's incredibly insecure, so the marriage didn't surprise me because he was clearly emotionally support. You only need to listen to her music to get that impression.
  • Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,323
    Forum Member
    A didnt even know she was married always liked her though, my chances have improved but are probably still 0.000000000001%
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they probably had genuine intentions about their relationship, but it seems when the going gets tough a lot of people nowadays think it's time to ship out; that unless everything is perfect it means the marriage is over and it's 'time to move on' to the next one.

Five years isn't a long time to be married - of course things are not going to feel quite the same as they did when they first met, but relationships change and evolve all the time, especially with the added responsibility of children. I think people are too hasty in throwing in the towel these days.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

Excellent post, agree with every word.