New Update Now Available

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
Forum Member
According to Sky's Forum, a new update is available to force download for Amstrad 1TB and 500GB, Samsung and Pace HD boxes. Just trying it now...

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Sky-3D/1Tb-500Gb-Amstrad-Pace-and-Samsung-HD-Box-Software-25-Nov/td-p/9233

Comments

• user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are still not saying exactly what the fix addresses :(

Thanks for the heads-up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Yes, my Amstrad 1TB is now showing;

Model no. SYSF26.59.01

Operating System. SYSF26.59.01

EPG Version. 40.0.14.1

Edit... And I can tell straight away that EPG navigation is much faster, back to how it was prior to the Darwin update :D
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got exactly the same with my 500 gb Amstrad. It does appear faster
  • 18days18days Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will give it a go on my samsumg 973006 (i think)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it will be rolled out later to everyone as they don't want any conflicting issues with an update happening during the Test Match.
  • Mr MotMr Mot Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Got exactly the same with my 500 gb Amstrad. It does appear faster

Same here..

Time to put it through a 24hour soak test ;D
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Mot wrote: »
    Same here..

Time to put it through a 24hour soak test ;D

You need a 48hr test to see if the box freeze bug has been fixed :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in hope of improvements but this is Sky so unfortunately not in total confidence — yet.

I shall not be doing my reboot every day from tomorrow which so far has been working for me on the lock-up/freezing issue will see if this update has the required result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a problem. I have a sky hd box as a multiroom box. When I try to enable it for anytime+ the sky website will not allow me as it says "Sky Anytime+ You already have Sky Anytime+ in your portfolio." they are correct as I have it running on my main box.

How do I get it working on both boxes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    They are still not saying exactly what the fix addresses

My Pace box got this update a few weeks ago, and thankfully it seems to have fixed the single feed mode.
    In standby mode back to back recordings on the same channel are fine, back to back recordings of different channels are fine. If the box is left on, there are on-screen alerts for recording clashes and if you're watching one channel and a recording is scheduled on another channel the box will now automatically switch to the recording channel.
    Forum Member
    18days wrote: »
    I have a problem. I have a sky hd box as a multiroom box. When I try to enable it for anytime+ the sky website will not allow me as it says "Sky Anytime+ You already have Sky Anytime+ in your portfolio." they are correct as I have it running on my main box.

How do I get it working on both boxes?

Not sure if I'm correct, but I believe in the multiroom scenario that you can only have Anytime+ active on the main box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is pants if it's true. I'm on hold to sky now. I will tweet them also. Fingers crossed. I just bought some Homeplugs due to this.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    dr98 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm correct, but I believe in the multiroom scenario that you can only have Anytime+ active on the main box.

Possibly so, obviously it would strain your ADSL conection even more if you had two boxes (or more) trying to access programmes at the same time.
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Sky's Forum, a new update is available to force download for Amstrad 1TB and 500GB, Samsung and Pace HD boxes. Just trying it now...

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Sky-3D/1Tb-500Gb-Amstrad-Pace-and-Samsung-HD-Box-Software-25-Nov/td-p/9233

No mention of the Thomson box I see.

I've just PMd the guy from Sky and added to the thread to ask about the Thomson box, i.e.if and when it will ever get an update. Not expecting a reply from him, but lets see...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I saw your post Chris, and got to admit, my first thought was that Sky won't reply. Further up someone asks if a software upgrade will delete their recordings - Sky definitely won't respond to that, because if they say No and the recordings are wiped out, could be embarrassing for them!

Must admit though, I'd love to know about the Thomsons, even if its (a) - never going to be updated or (b) will be updated but not till next year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have followed instructions to get new system but taking out power lead and pressing backup whilst reinserting the power DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.....!!!

I am as follows
    Mod No SYSF26.26.06
    Version 4F3151
    Operating System SYSF26.28.06
    EPG 38.2.1.6-1

Any ides what I am doing wrong please?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi has anyone actually got this working. Although I do now have the network tab in the settings menu, when I spoke to sky and gave them the link the op had posted, they said they can not see any mention of anytime+.

I have to agree with them, neither can I. So we do have new software but still no anytime+
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F_Rich wrote: »
    I saw your post Chris, and got to admit, my first thought was that Sky won't reply. Further up someone asks if a software upgrade will delete their recordings - Sky definitely won't respond to that, because if they say No and the recordings are wiped out, could be embarrassing for them!

Must admit though, I'd love to know about the Thomsons, even if its (a) - never going to be updated or (b) will be updated but not till next year!

The Amstrad DRX780 isn't mentioned either.
    Forum Member
    With the 1TB box, it is better to;

1 Press and hold the power button on the box until the red light appears (about 5 secs)
    2 Press and hold the back up button on the box
    3 Keeping back up held, press the power button on the remote
    4 Keep back up held until all four lights illuminate on the front of the box.
    Forum Member
    Snowdrop - did you hold the Back Up button until the red/green/yellow LEDs all came on and the screen displayed 'Updating System Software' ?
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that the Amstrad 780 hasn't been mentioned - Are these and the Thomsons the only models excluded now? Must mean that a large % of boxes can in theory access Anytime+ now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I've got the amstrad 890C box (500GB) but have a problem with power socket at the moment that powers Sky -

Because electric is not on when the download is attempted will SKY attempt to update again or will I have to manually do this ?

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F_Rich wrote: »
    Snowdrop - did you hold the Back Up button until the red/green/yellow LEDs all came on and the screen displayed 'Updating System Software' ?

Nothing like that happened at all. No lights, not anything. I did EXACTLY as per SKY Instructions.
    Forum Member
    Nothing like that happened at all. No lights, not anything. I did EXACTLY as per SKY Instructions.

Try following the procedure in my earlier post, thats what I used.

If you still have a problem, the box will update automatically eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try following the procedure in my earlier post, thats what I used.

If you still have a problem, the box will update automatically eventually.

Thanks for the reply dr8......I will wait. The 1Tb Box is perfect and has given me no trouble at all. It replaced a 4 year old THOMSON that was also PERFECT.

Sky say they are waiting until the Ashes are over before sending out the Update. I record the whole night's play and then skip through at x30 and only watch when a wicket goes down...!!!