how to make myself look older

xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
Forum Member
i'm 17 look really young but i want to make myself look over 18 to make it into a party this saturday

any advice

Comments

• Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smoke 40 a day for 30 years...
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm always hearing about bad things that happen to young people who were too young to be at wherever they were in the first place....
  • GageGage Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your female, wear make up.

If your male wear appropiate clothing and try to grow some facial hair.
  • Annie1fortennisAnnie1fortennis Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter looks young as she is small she managed ok.

I suggest you wear more classic and vintage clothing. Do not wear mega heels or mega earrings. A bit of jewellry like some pretend pearls with your short skirt/dress will make you look older. Ankle boots instead of high heels etc

Take your forged id of course too!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you male or female? I would suggest simply blagging some ID off a friend who is over 18 and just be cool, lots of people look young for their age. I have friends in their mid 20's who still have to produce ID when they go anywhere that serves alcohol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you male or female? I would suggest simply blagging some ID off a friend who is over 18 and just be cool, lots of people look young for their age. I have friends in their mid 20's who still have to produce ID when they go anywhere that serves alcohol.

I'm nearly 38 and still get asked for ID for booze. :(

OP, not that I ought to be telling you things like this but as I'm a terrible parent who allowed her 17 year old to pretend to be 18, I have some advice. Instead of trying to be 18, pretend you're 25. Remind yourself of your new year of birth so that you have it down to a tee if they ask you, and remember to mutter and sigh "Can't believe I've been going through this for the past 7 years." for some reason it's more believable that you'd be that much older than you are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah this brings back memories. I remember being 17 and wanting to get in somewhere so I changed the 79 on my student union card into 78 by writing over it and when I got ID'ed they accepted it. :D Being nearly 32 now, I still get asked and actually feel offended if I don't. :)

But anyway I think you'd be better off borrowing ID off someone who looks similar to you. Most places that serve alcohol have a 'challenge 21' policy in place so if you look under 21 you get ID'ed anyway. Plus once you're in some places have bouncers that go round asking for ID anyway even though you got through the door unchallenged.
  • KimmlerKimmler Posts: 1,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought women wanted to make themselves look younger.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elsquid wrote: »

OP, not that I ought to be telling you things like this but as I'm a terrible parent who allowed her 17 year old to pretend to be 18, I have some advice. Instead of trying to be 18, pretend you're 25. Remind yourself of your new year of birth so that you have it down to a tee if they ask you, and remember to mutter and sigh "Can't believe I've been going through this for the past 7 years." for some reason it's more believable that you'd be that much older than you are.

I'm 30 and frequently asked for id, whenever I point this out and moan how ridiculous it is, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. It's especially annoying when the staff serving me are teenagers themselves!!
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree with elsquid. If your going to lie about your age don't say 18, unless of course you do look really young.

I always get ID'ed despite being in my mid 20's (which I enjoy actually). Anyway one night everyone was just being asked there age, if they said they were below 21 they were asked for ID. When it was my turn I told him my age, with my ID ready and he just waved me in. When I made a joke about it he said that your hardly likely to say your 25 if you weren't, most people who lie say 18 or 21.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like those signs that say if your lucky enough to look under age, we will need to see some I.D... :D

Theres just no way about it nowadays, they seem to ask a lot of people for ID now.

the funny thing is, now im 25, i get asked all the time, when i was 15 and buying 10 **** every morning, nobody asked me anything, or getting into a club at 16, no bouncer stopped me.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with elsquid. If your going to lie about your age don't say 18, unless of course you do look really young.

I always get ID'ed despite being in my mid 20's (which I enjoy actually). Anyway one night everyone was just being asked there age, if they said they were below 21 they were asked for ID. When it was my turn I told him my age, with my ID ready and he just waved me in. When I made a joke about it he said that your hardly likely to say your 25 if you weren't, most people who lie say 18 or 21.

It's never worked for me:(
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elsquid wrote: »

I'm a terrible parent too - my 16 year old daughter has her older sister's provisional driving licence to use as ID (my older daughter is on a gap year travelling and doesn't need it). So my 16 year old is masquerading as a nearly 19 year old when she goes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Muffin999 wrote: »
    i like those signs that say if your lucky enough to look under age, we will need to see some I.D... :D

Theres just no way about it nowadays, they seem to ask a lot of people for ID now.

the funny thing is, now im 25, i get asked all the time, when i was 15 and buying 10 **** every morning, nobody asked me anything, or getting into a club at 16, no bouncer stopped me.

Snap. Never even got asked until I hit 23. Another great tip, find a bloke who is clearly 10 years older than you and go in holding hands with him... Obviously one that you know, not some random deviant off the street!
  • smelly jemsmelly jem Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muffin999 wrote: »

Same here , I used to go to pubs and clubs aged 15/16 and have no problems. Now I'm 29 I have to carry I.D.
  • MadameLaMinxMadameLaMinx Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gage wrote: »

If your male wear appropiate clothing and try to grow some facial hair.

Oh please dont. Theres nothing more of a giveaway than a small pile of bumfluff. If anything they are more likely to ask!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just say, as a worker in a convenience store, please don't moan at those asking you for ID if you are old enough.

It is their job after all. If they think you look under 21 (or under 25 in some companies like the one I work for) then they have every right to ask you for ID.

Once they have asked you and you don't have it, they can not sell it. If you provide them with ID and they remember you next time you visit the store, they might not ask you again anyway.

The consequences of selling to a minor are tough and can include a hefty fine and going to prison.
    And that's after they have lost their job.

My advice, always carry your ID and always be prepared to be asked, no matter what your age.

I recently refused a sale due to no ID. The guy was swearing at me and kept going on how I had asked him for his ID on a previous occasion.
    This is what we sometimes have to put up with for simply doing our job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    If you ARE going to use fake ID, learn your new DOB....I used to work in a bar and have seen my fair share of fake ID and usually always asked the holder what their DOB was. I'd hazard a guess at 90% getting it wrong ;)
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't go over the top with make up, and stuff that younger people do to look older. Smile and act relaxed with the bouncers and pretend like its somewhere you always go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Have a look on your face that says "I have a ton of responsibility and hardly any money". Practice in front of the mirror.