Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did lexi ever do her review from last Thursday?
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    99% of the time I do enjoy a good wee chortle at Pete & everything he says & does DD but for some reason I'm getting more & more irritated at what seems very apparent is his lackadaisical approach to the The Foundation he's set up for CR.:mad:
    £1700 raised so far on his Just Giving page IMHO is pathetic. I've said it before but I truly believe he has the perfect tool available ie Twitter to hammer the message home to help raise funds & awareness but I could probably count the the amount of tweets he's posted about it on one hand.
    Yes he has done a couple of interviews where he has mentioned it but the cynical part of me is now thinking, was this just another ploy to get himself on TV.
    If he was truly serious about funding the mobile bus for the next 3 years he'd be getting off his lazy a*** & actually doing something about it.
    He needs a good bloomin kick up the backside!:mad::mad:

Spot on!

I agree with you!
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did lexi ever do her review from last Thursday?

No, I was way too busy polishing and rearranging my KP shrine. I like to get all the lurid pinks in graduated order so it's aesthetically pleasing for when she drops by. *dreams*

Anna, I drifted in and out of it, I can't even remember what it was about now, all one orange blur. Oh wait, no, CP made him a book of memories for his birthday (featuring a lot of pics of him in his drawers looking 'sexy') and he cried, and he was late for his Cancer Research meeting. That's about it.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek:What have I missed??? DD has a blue Foo Foo?? Since when :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Spot on!

I agree with you!

Hello Goaty ..haven't seen you post for a while ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    No, I was way too busy polishing and rearranging my KP shrine. I like to get all the lurid pinks in graduated order so it's aesthetically pleasing for when she drops by. *dreams*

Anna, I drifted in and out of it, I can't even remember what it was about now, all one orange blur. Oh wait, no, CP made him a book of memories for his birthday (featuring a lot of pics of him in his drawers looking 'sexy') and he cried, and he was late for his Cancer Research meeting. That's about it.

Im going to tune in this week and see if anything different happens.

Im wondering if he is going to ask for "baby Price" when it is here, as it will be a shame to leave one child behind . Will he pen it a song:D

Ian Hyland has upset Andre, but isnt he missing the point of a critic and watching tv

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/51193/Peter-Andre-silences-reality-show-critics/
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »

Im wondering if he is going to ask for "baby Price" when it is here, as it will be a shame to leave one child behind . Will he pen it a song:D

Ian Hyland has upset Andre, but isnt he missing the point of a critic and watching tv

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/51193/Peter-Andre-silences-reality-show-critics/

I love how in that article he's referred to as

Emily MacDonagh's boyfriend responded to the constant criticism when he spoke out about the show in his new! magazine column this week.

It implies Emily is the famous one.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hasnt Peter realised its Ian's JOB to watch tv .. He is a tv critic and if it isn't bothering him..why comment on it?
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Get out an enjoy the weather"? He's a TV critic..it's his job to watch telly you buffoon!!

Edit: ooh sorry Betty, great minds...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasnt Peter realised its Ian's JOB to watch tv .. He is a tv critic and if it isn't bothering him..why comment on it?

Because he's a passive-aggressive twonk who can make victimhood out of anything. 'Nasty man who don't like my show must be saddo who watches telly and has no life". Hmm.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how in that article he's referred to as

Emily MacDonagh's boyfriend responded to the constant criticism when he spoke out about the show in his new! magazine column this week.

It implies Emily is the famous one.

That's my favourite bit.
    He should be thrilled - at least he's not "KP's ex-husband" any more.
    Poor old PA.
    40 years old and he has no identity of his own other than someone's "arm candy".
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Because he's a passive-aggressive twonk who can make victimhood out of anything. 'Nasty man who don't like my show must be saddo who watches telly and has no life". Hmm.

Exactly!
    His pathetic "he poked fun of me" comment says it all really, you are a grown man, not a 5 year old in the school playground:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    You are absolutely right of course but I know from previous experience on here that people will be queueing up to say "but £1700 is a massive amount of money to some people" and "it's for cancer research and every single penny counts".
    Well yes it is and yes it does but I'm not entirely convinced that's the point.
    Whether you like him or not (and despite the fact that some FMs have temporarily taken leave of their senses and come out of the orange closet I am firmly a not) PA has a media profile which gives him a huge advantage in the fund-raising area.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why he is not using every single opportunity he has to drum home the message about his "foundation" and the ways people can donate.
    I cannot and will not fault CR for linking up with him, but I imagine they were expecting him to be slightly more proactive than he appears to have been thus far.
    Time will tell no doubt.

@DD- I will never forgive you for inextricably linking the hideous KP with the truly marvellous FFs - there just isn't enough brain bleach in the world to erase that one.;)

It is true every penny does count but I've seen that kind of money raised for CRUK at one off charity gigs I've been to & I would say the people who attend (like myself) aren't particularly well off far less have the contacts PA has.

CR must have been delighted when they heard PA was going ahead with this but now I'm sure they must be truly baffled.
    Just for the record the last tweet he posted about this was 25 Apr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is true every penny does count but I've seen that kind of money raised for CRUK at one off charity gigs I've been to & I would say the people who attend (like myself) aren't particularly well off far less have the contacts PA has.

CR must have been delighted when they heard PA was going ahead with this but now I'm sure they must be truly baffled.
    Just for the record the last tweet he posted about this was 25 Apr.

Exactly.
    Kind of says everything you need to know about PA when in his latest interview, Emily MacDonagh's boyfriend (:D) is bleating because a nasty man was less than complementary about him - why didn't PA even mention the charity or use the opportunity to give it some much needed publicity?
    Because clearly, whatever excuses anyone can come up with, it really is all about HIM.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the stylee of a 1980s t-shirt slogan - a message for Hyland:

"Petey says war - hide yourself" :D

and in the stylee of In The Army Now by Status Quo

"You're in CAN's bad books now..oh woah you're in their bad books now"

:confused:

And...
    Pete: "It's doing wonders for the viewing figures"
    You've lost around 350,000 viewers since the start of the series you clot!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the stylee of a 1980s t-shirt slogan - a message for Hyland:

"Petey says war - hide yourself" :D

and in the stylee of In The Army Now by Status Quo

"You're in CAN's bad books now..oh woah you're in their bad books now"

:confused:

And... You've lost around 350,000 viewers since the start of the series you clot!!!

Is that all?:eek:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*snort* :D What a clot indeed (love that word, thanks DaisyB!) Only the Pezza could criticise a tv critic for watching tv.

I wonder if Ian's finished laughing I mean crying yet at this terrible slur? Someone needs to check on him to make sure he's ok... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    *snort* :D What a clot indeed (love that word, thanks DaisyB!) Only the Pezza could criticise a tv critic for watching tv.

I wonder if Ian's finished laughing I mean crying yet at this terrible slur? Someone needs to check on him to make sure he's ok... :D

Just checked on him on twitter ....he appears ok..as he is sat by the river ..but he might be considering jumping in after such harsh words
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see anything wrong with Pete's advice to Hyland, pretty typical of the Aussies I know: 'chill out and enjoy the sunshine'. IH's remit covers the whole of the TV schedules yet he chooses to write about Pete every week but I wouldn't say he was bothered as he describes it as 'hilarious' and by drawing attention to it he is getting yet more media coverage for the show.

Can understand people's arguments for wanting a big bang launch to the Foundation but the Just Giving page is not the only fundraising taking place. I volunteered to help via email and got an immediate acknowledgement and promise of an individual reply asap. They said they'd been inundated with messages of support and were still at the initial stages of setting up. They also provided a link to CR's cancer chat forum in case I'd been affected by cancer. Pete's already committed to a 10 day sponsored Zanzibar bike ride for HIPZ in June but perhaps something similar is planned for CR. Hopefully there will be some announcements soon but it is a long term commitment so it doesn't all have to happen in the first month.
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Don't see anything wrong with Pete's advice to Hyland, pretty typical of the Aussies I know: 'chill out and enjoy the sunshine'. IH's remit covers the whole of the TV schedules yet he chooses to write about Pete every week but I wouldn't say he was bothered as he describes it as 'hilarious' and by drawing attention to it he is getting yet more media coverage for the show.

Can understand people's arguments for wanting a big bang launch to the Foundation but the Just Giving page is not the only fundraising taking place. I volunteered to help via email and got an immediate acknowledgement and promise of an individual reply asap. They said they'd been inundated with messages of support and were still at the initial stages of setting up. They also provided a link to CR's cancer chat forum in case I'd been affected by cancer. Pete's already committed to a 10 day sponsored Zanzibar bike ride for HIPZ in June but perhaps something similar is planned for CR. Hopefully there will be some announcements soon but it is a long term commitment so it doesn't all have to happen in the first month.

I really, really hope we do start seeing some action being taken with regards to CR Sensei & good for you on volunteering your help.:)
    Maybe things are happening behind the scene that we are unaware of but I stand by my opinion that PA himself could be doing a lot more in drumming up publicity for it.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Blue Eyed lady :)

I don't disagree, they could certainly be doing more to promote. But I have seen tweets from people saying they were raising money (eg his website team are running in a sponsored 10k ) and plans for London Marathon 2014 so I hope it's just a slow start and they'll pick up the pace soon. Perhaps they announced too early before everything was properly in place.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To those whining about the lack of money PA's cancer charity has raised so far, has anyone considered that the folks that watch the PA show and donated MIGHT not be rolling in a huge amount of money they can give away willy nilly?

Perhaps... and just perhaps it is ordinary peeps who are struggling to pay rising bills with no sign of a pay rise and perhaps they can only afford to give a couple of quid to the cause?

So maybe it isn't a lot of money so far, but if those people donating can only afford £1, then it's still better than nothing?

If it was George Clooney (or other very famous celeb) promoting it I bet they would have LOTS of his rich pals donating to it. But it isn't as I very much doubt PA (or any other UK celeb) has loads of rich pals willing to dig deep into their pockets to help donate and promote it. PA just has to rely on "normal folk" to donate.

Also the charity is in it's infancy. Give it a bloody chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: Hyland.

Obviously it's Pete's column...but are those sentiments Pete's or Claire's I wonder....? Does it 'sound' like Pete? Hmm? Ponder :)

Meanwhile across the way, Peter continues to moonlight as a carpet fitter. He sit alone practicing poses for his next album cover :D

http://imgur.com/GAAWvD3

(Is that wrong? It was on the street!! I better delete it now :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    To those whining about the lack of money PA's cancer charity has raised so far, has anyone considered that the folks that watch the PA show and donated MIGHT not be rolling in a huge amount of money they can give away willy nilly?

Perhaps... and just perhaps it is ordinary peeps who are struggling to pay rising bills with no sign of a pay rise and perhaps they can only afford to give a couple of quid to the cause?

So maybe it isn't a lot of money so far, but if those people donating can only afford £1, then it's still better than nothing?

If it was George Clooney (or other very famous celeb) promoting it I bet they would have LOTS of his rich pals donating to it. But it isn't as I very much doubt PA (or any other UK celeb) has loads of rich pals willing to dig deep into their pockets to help donate and promote it. PA just has to rely on "normal folk" to donate.

Also the charity is in it's infancy. Give it a bloody chance.

Absolutely.
    But his latest viewing figures were 850,000.
    If every one of his viewers donated just 10p it would have raised £85,000.
    I am giving it a bloody chance - is he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat
    I think you missed the point of what people are saying.. That Peter isn't promoting his foundation very well and that's why it isn't doing well.. No one has slated those who have donated ..I'm a donor myself to this foundation...
    Usually when a foundation/charity is launched its with a big fanfare and a launch event to raise funds to start it off.. Peter hasn't done that ..
This discussion has been closed.