Options

The Daily Mail and Gay Gerry BB8's dating rules for straight women

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having boasted on the BB8 that he, as a gay man, knew all about how straight women should get straight men to commit, :rolleyes:Gerry has now written his book. In it he rehashes the Rules from the 1980s and suggests not putting out until after THREE months. It really is presumptuous and preposterous that a gay man who boasted of hundreds of lovers should tell straight women how to date. Apparently Gerry has some straight male friends (hard to believe he has any friends at all gay or straight:cool:) and his ideas are based on what they have told them. On that basis maybe I , as a straight women, should write a dating guide for gay men as I have a number of gay friends so that would mke me an expert on such matters just like Gerry.;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1063752/Treat-mean--Big-pants-sex-months-One-mans-fail-safe-tips-winning-man-dreams.html

Comments

• Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    I really think gay men need to steer away from giving straight women tips on dating, etc. OK, the two have something in common, ie men, but men will never understand women, be they gay or otherwise.

(And to be fair, women will never understand men either!) :p
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So let's see:-

This idiot is gay, promiscuous, can't keep a relationship himself and misogynistic to boot. All great credentials for dispensing relationship advice to straight women.:rolleyes:And who asked him for advice anyway?

Needless to say, I shan't be buying this book.

T0sser!
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The world knows that straight women cant take advice anyway so whats the point?

They cant take criticism in any shape or form so he is wasting his time.
  • Options
    BlueForYouBlueForYou Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ROFLMAO! :D:D

Men really are from Mars aren't they? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would seem like that DS has some women uninterested in what others think, so maybe you're right!

It is a very closed mind that thinks what other people say is uninteresting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a straight woman to take advice from this t*at is like asking Leslie Ash for advice about Botox.

He sounds the sort of queeny woman hating gay who gives gay men a bad name. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

jwprg wrote: »
    It would seem like that DS has some women uninterested in what others think, so maybe you're right!

:confused:Why are you 2 using this idiot's book as an opportunity to slag women off in general?

Sounds like you've both come off worse in some argument. And the women won.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only publicity and he's just trying to make some money. I don't suppose any straight women will be interested in taking advice off him so I can't see the book selling.
  • Options
    codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member
    Gerry who?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh!

If everyone stopped playing these type of games then they'd all be much happier.

Some of the comments on that article astound me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueForYou wrote: »
    For a straight woman to take advice from this t*at is like asking Leslie Ash for advice about Botox.

He sounds the sort of queeny woman hating gay who gives gay men a bad name. :p

Frankly - the above remark is just nonsense and is actually offensive; no one gay male gives gay men a bad name (except to people who want to give them a bad name).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    So let's see:-

This idiot is gay, promiscuous, can't keep a relationship himself and misogynistic to boot. All great credentials for dispensing relationship advice to straight women.:rolleyes:And who asked him for advice anyway?

Needless to say, I shan't be buying this book.

T0sser!

This is quite a tirade - how you can describe him as misogynistic is beyond me - but if it makes you happy to have a rant, then fine.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    It's only publicity and he's just trying to make some money. I don't suppose any straight women will be interested in taking advice off him so I can't see the book selling.

He's just another BB non-entity. Before this thread, I'd never heard of him and I hope I never hear of him again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused:Why are you 2 using this idiot's book as an opportunity to slag women off in general?

Sounds like you've both come off worse in some argument. And the women won.:D

Sweet FA your remark is just wrong, perhaps you should read posts before making such sweeping and incorrect comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankly - the above remark is just nonsense and is actually offensive; no one gay male gives gay men a bad name (except to people who want to give them a bad name).

And Elton John's certainly another man who gives gay men a bad name.

Telling a reporter he hoped she'd get cancer of the clitoris is a nasty, mysogyinistic remark to make. :p

http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/2007/03/sixty-quotes-from-60yearold-el.html
  • Options
    sands11sands11 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was quite good. I doesn't sound as though he hates women at all. Some good advice there.

Most women get their men through the ' I was on the pill I don't know how it's happened' method though.;)
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i liked Gerry then and i like him now.

i found the book extract witty,intellegent and well informed

like the man himself.at least gerry has the intellegence to

write a book and get a publishing deal unlike dorks like

Pete Bennett or Maxwell.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sands11 wrote: »

Most women get their men through the ' I was on the pill I don't know how it's happened' method though.;)

Well, I didn't. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sands11 wrote: »
    I thought it was quite good. I doesn't sound as though he hates women at all. Some good advice there.

What a nasty comment. :mad: Besides since when did the contraceptive pill protect men against STIs?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    well i liked Gerry then and i like him now.

i found the book extract witty,intellegent and well informed

like the man himself.at least gerry has the intellegence to

write a book and get a publishing deal unlike dorks like

Pete Bennett or Maxwell.:)
    Well informed?! Gerry should stick to what he knows: having casual sex with hundreds of gay men (according to what he said on BB). He knows sweet f.a. about straight women if his misogynistic "advice" is anything to go by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jwprg wrote:
    This is quite a tirade - how you can describe him as misogynistic is beyond me - but if it makes you happy to have a rant, then fine.
    No, it doesn't necessarily make me happy that he was one of the most misogynistic idiots ever to grace the BB house, rivalled only by Derek Laud, but the truth has to be told.
    Sweet FA your remark is just wrong, perhaps you should read posts before making such sweeping and incorrect comments.

I did read your post(s), thank you, and instead of addressing the OP, you were just taking a pop at women in general.:confused: A bit like Gerry himself really.:yawn:

In fact, are you Gerry?:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Well informed?! Gerry should stick to what he knows: having casual sex with hundreds of gay men (according to what he said on BB). He knows sweet f.a. about straight women if his misogynistic "advice" is anything to go by.

Please don't mention me and him in the same breath.:mad:
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it doesn't necessarily make me happy that he was one of the most misogynistic idiots ever to grace the BB house, rivalled only by Derek Laud, but the truth has to be told.

I did read your post(s), thank you, and instead of addressing the OP, you were just taking a pop at women in general.:confused: A bit like Gerry himself really.:yawn:

In fact, are you Gerry?:sleep:

Sounds like you've got issues against men and gay men in particular.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you've got issues against men and gay men in particular.

So because I dislike 2 misogynists who happen to be gay, I'm a man-hater. Sound logic there.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    It's not the fact that you dislike them sweetie, it's the fact that you accuse them so whimsically of being misogynists in the nasty, insidious post-feminist manner that is all to prevalent in todays society.

About the original post, surely it's straight men who should be insulted by all this? After all we're the ones being objectified as a simplistic commodity to be gained through quite blatant manipulation.