Knorr Aromat

confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
Forum Member
✭✭✭
where have i been? i've only just discovered this and i absolutely love it. I add it to just about everything home cooked as it really adds a little something. It is incredibly salty though but then i just leave out ordinary salt.
Anybody else love it?

Comments

• pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red one or yellow one? Mate of mine is addicted to it. Its really just MSG with added crap, have you looked at whats actually in it :o the list is a mile long.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    pixieboots wrote: »
    red one or yellow one? Mate of mine is addicted to it. Its really just MSG with added crap, have you looked at whats actually in it :o the list is a mile long.
    Ingredients:

Iodised Salt, Flavour Enhancer (Mono- Sodium Glutamate), Lactose, Wheat Starch, Yeast Extract, Onions (3%), Palm Fat, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Anti-Caking Agent (Calcium Silicate), Spices (Garlic Powder, Turmeric, Celery Seeds, Cloves), Mushroom Powder, Bay Leaves Powder
    Storage:
    • Store in a cool dry place
    • Close cap after use.
    • Best before end: see lid
    Additives:
    • Free From Artificial Colours
      Free From Artificial Preservatives
    That list doesn't seem long to me. Or are you just jumping on the evil MSG bandwagon?
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixieboots wrote: »

I tend to know what's in most stuff I eat..... As I tend to be generally careful I think a bit of 'crap' won't kill me!
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never tried it but will now. I love a bit of MSG :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Also checkout their Chicken Granules. It's more like a powder and gives a nice flavour punch to dishes, especially stirfries. No MSG though ;)

You can also just add it straight onto chicken breasts or make a paste with oil to marinade.
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/knorr-the-chicken-granules--reduced-salt-120g?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=eL0NshNs%2BVJgqyCN9IakKMBnvXG1vV7XPiUXDeb1yf4ceb75RGsjbk3Dr6Qr4%2F47nbPJJWk%2FDc9X%0AN8qSwuymyQKKgoxNnzIScDi4aOCz3SIDhTsGTeB2oRpxWawQwQ6m&ddkey=http:gb/groceries/knorr-the-chicken-granules--reduced-salt-120g
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    That list doesn't seem long to me. Or are you just jumping on the evil MSG bandwagon?
    No I dont mind the MSG at all. I know what it is and what it does. Last time I looked at Aromat the list of ingredients was full of hydrolised this and hydrogenated that.. Your list seems innocuous enough except the iodised salt can give you zits :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tried liberally sprinkling it on grated cheese today before toasting it.....it was a taste sensation:)
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used this to put on nearly everything in Finland.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Used it for >30 yrs. even during their experimental phase when they added green bits to it (that didn't last long). Great on eggs and microwavable chicken and chips and fish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I tried the following
    Savoy cabbage very finely cut, nob of butter and a good sprinkling of aromat. Cover and put on a very low heat till the cabbage wilts in butter..... It was lovely:)
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The subtle psychology of the Power of Suggestion:
    I'd never heard of Knorr Aromat.
    I now have a little carton of it just because I saw it in Sainsburys this week and thought "I've heard of that".
    My wife asked "What's that for?"
    I said "I don't know yet".
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The subtle psychology of the Power of Suggestion:
    I'd never heard of Knorr Aromat.
    I now have a little carton of it just because I saw it in Sainsburys this week and thought "I've heard of that".
    My wife asked "What's that for?"
    I said "I don't know yet".
    :)

:D yikes, i hope you like it.....be adventurous with it and give the cabbage a try:)
    i tried it on poached eggs the other day, very nice!
    all i'd add is i've found there's no need to add salt when using Aromat.