Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The latest O2 advert with a cloying squeaky baby-voice version of "Little Boxes". I imagine the likes of Pete Seeger and Joan Baez will be doing this:

facepalm.jpg
    :D

It's "Twee" singing again.

I hate it with a passion.

"wittle boxes....on da hillside....wittle boxes......"
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both adverts for the Chrysler Ypsilon since it came out.

The first for going on about the car's 'luxury' features despite the fact that it looks like a mouth ulcer and the Americans really don't understand luxury in cars nowadays.

The second for being unbelievably pretentious, for a car that looks like a mouth ulcer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    And yet again, not a TV ad, but a bus ad. The worst bus ad I've ever seen in my life has to go to TryPraying, which I just saw today. Honestly, all it just is is "TryPraying" and the URL. What's so bad about it? It's on the right-hand side of the buses, for crying out loud! That's a lot of blank space for a right-hand side advert! They should have either added some graphics to it, made it a left-hand side advert, or made it a small rear or interior advert.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Hmmm...I really fancy a "proper" holiday in Wales, as advertised. I'm a real fan of mud, driving rain, freezing temperatures, menacing, dull grey skies, slate mines, mists, and the cold, turbulent, frothing sea!

Where do I book?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest O2 advert with a cloying squeaky baby-voice version of "Little Boxes". I imagine the likes of Pete Seeger and Joan Baez will be doing this:

facepalm.jpg
    :D

I have just seen this, it was awful and it went on and on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The adverts for Creme Eggs, with those eggs gleefully and messily committing suicide are sick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Furthermore:

That Bisto ad. "Propa food, with a propa gravy." ...out of a jar.

"You breathe, you save. You eat, you sleep, you save." Ad infinitum. Utterly tedious.
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    The "Stay in Britain for your Holiday in 2012" campaign, which seems to be a joint effort by all the GB/NI tourist boards.

They couldn't have done a better job for the likes of Virgin Holidays, TUI or even the ailing Thomas Cook if they had tried, with their portrayal of imprisonment in the land of compulsory fun at street parties.

The ignorant scaremongering in this is appalling - since when did you need "jabs" to go to Med resorts? Sneering at Mediterranean countries in this "they don't make the tea properly, do they" manner went out in the 1980s, surely?

Follow Stephen Fry on Twitter and you'll see how well travelled he is and how much he enjoys his travels...shouldn't have been involved in this garbage.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nivea - FFS, another advert with very annoying screams! :mad:

Halifax - OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! You did not just do a cover of "I Believe I Can Fly." I HATE YOU HALIFAX!! :mad:
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Hmmm...I really fancy a "proper" holiday in Wales, as advertised. I'm a real fan of mud, driving rain, freezing temperatures, menacing, dull grey skies, slate mines, mists, and the cold, turbulent, frothing sea!

Where do I book?

They've got some nice castles.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Surprise; the ******* Italian screaming: Ladbrokes FOOK in HeLL
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a new one - there's nothing outrageously bad about it, it's just irritating and boring. Shocking that I don't like it, cos I LOVE cakes!! :p

Grandma's box. The Mr. Kipling ad.

xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    The Micano coffee

i just dont get it i mean why have S*x in the Kitchen????

I also hate the radio ad of this too

The woman singing badly about her coffee

Have had sex in various locations of the house, don't remember any coffee stopping us getting involved:D

The other version they do of this advert is where the woman walks into the classroom and takes back the coffee, the problem with that is, schools today are like fort knox, you can't just walk in like that, I used to do repair works too a number of schools and they had high fences and keypad locks to get in, safety of the children is paramount these days, parents don't want their kids to wander out of school and don't want people wandering in to the school either....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Berroca advert with those two men dancing on a log. :confused:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    The "Stay in Britain for your Holiday in 2012" campaign, which seems to be a joint effort by all the GB/NI tourist boards.

They couldn't have done a better job for the likes of Virgin Holidays, TUI or even the ailing Thomas Cook if they had tried, with their portrayal of imprisonment in the land of compulsory fun at street parties.

The ignorant scaremongering in this is appalling - since when did you need "jabs" to go to Med resorts? Sneering at Mediterranean countries in this "they don't make the tea properly, do they" manner went out in the 1980s, surely?

Follow Stephen Fry on Twitter and you'll see how well travelled he is and how much he enjoys his travels...shouldn't have been involved in this garbage.

When do they say that? I'd be amazed, I've never had jabs going to Europe, possibly Tunisia and Turkey though.
    They do that "They make bad tea" thing in the Yorkshire Tea ad talking about America too :confused:
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do that "They make bad tea" thing in the Yorkshire Tea ad talking about America too :confused:

That is true tho, all you seem to get in America is Liptons tea bags which is so weak it can't crawl out of the cup. My mother was in a cafe there once and they brought her a pot with one tea bag in, when they asked her if she would like a refill they just refilled the pot with hot water onto the same tea bag.:D
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    When do they say that? I'd be amazed, I've never had jabs going to Europe, possibly Tunisia and Turkey though.

In the closing part they use the term "no jabs" and they only talk about Mediterranean places in the ad, therefore the implication is there.

Fine if they wish to make a case for UK holidays based on genuine attractions. The fact that they bring in things like the jubilee street parties and the Olympic torch relay is misguided; most people will not have to go on vacation to see the torch, it'll be well within daytrip distance, and the very point of street parties would be that they'd be at home with your neighbours, no?

To have to resort to scaremongering tactics sounds like they have nothing to resort to save for the last refuge of scoundrels
  • Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GotchaToo wrote: »
    The Berroca advert with those two men dancing on a log. :confused:

Oh God yes. I saw that before. 'You, but on a really good day.' So drinking this orange liquid makes you dance on a log with two hilbillies :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what advert is it were a man is dancin outside the bookies, I like it but i'm tryin to find it, but can't think of who it is :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    layza101 wrote: »
    Anyone know what advert is it were a man is dancin outside the bookies, I like it but i'm tryin to find it, but can't think of who it is :D

I think it's Ladbrokes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Oooh would I just love to have a go on the Barclays bouncy castle :p haven't got a Barclays account though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw this today and I was thinking, Stephen Fry, you really shouldn't have done that advert with your well known love of travelling, Wasn't he recently in a programme about crossing America
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT Winter Deals - Why is this still on?! IT'S NOT WINTER!! :mad:

Change 4 Life - Goes on for far too long. Yes, I know we shouldn't drink too many glasses of alcohol but did you really have to make the ad last an ENTIRE MINUTE?! :mad:
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    New 02 Ad - terrible advert that drags on with an awful song over the top :(
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    layza101 wrote: »

It's not for any particular bookies, it's just advertising that you can bet on the Irish Lottery at most bookies
This discussion has been closed.