Options

Lifestyle Fitness

clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone go to one of these gyms? Thoughts?

I saw an advert for a new one opening by me offering £12.99 a month.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a bargain. I'd sign up to that. Location?
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    At £12.99 a month, go for it. That's under half of what my local ones cost.
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats a bargain. I'd sign up to that. Location?

Black Country.

I just wondered if anyone was familiar with the chain and if they are any good or not?

http://www.lifestylefitness.co.uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black Country.

I just wondered if anyone was familiar with the chain and if they are any good or not?

http://www.lifestylefitness.co.uk

Theyve taken over quite a few Fitness Firts. Its a proper chain.

But £12.99 is a steal whatever they are like!
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is very cheap for a gym, I don't think I have ever paid less than 25 quid a month and sometimes far more.
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't speak for lifestyle fitness, but I have been a member of "the gym" and puregym, which are similarly priced. If LF is anything similar, it will be a basic, no-frills gym. No juice bar, no steam room/sauna, no pool. A separate studio for classes isn't guaranteed (if indeed they run classes at all). No permanent staff members, just self-employed personal trainers and contracted cleaners.

The facilities are basic - communal changing rooms, usually clean enough but hardly the lap of luxury. The machines have never looked new, but work well enough. One of the most annoying things I've found is the music they play - often interspersed with adverts much like commercial radio (I guess it supplements the meagre membership fees) and it's been too loud to drown out with my own music.

If you want a decent work out and aren't too bothered by all the extras, then they're a pretty good deal. They've also usually been a rolling 1 month contract, so no early termination fees or the like. If you want to cancel membership, you just stop paying.
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of these things depends what you want. I'm happy just to do cardio machines and a few weights. Not into swimming / sauna / classes etc. Also I do shift work so can go at quiet times. I pay £20 a month for the council leisure centre one.

If you want more of an experience and would like to do things like classes and have personal trainers it might be worth paying a bit more. Always worth starting at a cheaper one to see how you find it. If you feel it doesn't offer enough then you could try one of the more expensive ones.