What Planet Would you like The Doctor to Revisit?

Comments

• daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vabosity wrote: »
    Agree, it is a cracking idea. Why was the First Doctor so confident that Steven would succeed as ruler of that planet? Any set of circumstances could turn a well-meaning leader into a tyrant.

I would like to see Peter Purves return as Steven, although I'm sure, if that return were announced, his rating on the hey-nonny-nonny-meter would be nowhere near as high as it currently is for the return of Jo Grant.

Yes, you're right there, the chances of a male companion coming back ih Doctor Who or The SJA is unlikely. The only one I could see possibly is Jamie as he has done before. Think there would be an uproar if The Doctor turned up on a planet and found Adric didn't die on that spaceship after all!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Just to add, who's to say any of the others companions may have gone a bit mad? Maybe Nyssa is now completely in control of the Hydromel suppy on Terminus?What if Peri really DID die and is now ruler of some planet in her new guise as Lord Kiv? Maybe Romana has turned into an evil Time Lord like The Rani? Maybe Mel has dumped Glitz and is now the Tyrannical Ruler of some planet which is forced to do exercising (And she'd still be just as annoying!)

:D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Purves did indeed say he would like to play Steven again with as you say the Doctor returning to the planet and finding him a Tyrant.

He said it on the commentary to The Time Meddler IIRC.
    Yes, you're right there, the chances of a male companion coming back ih Doctor Who or The SJA is unlikely. The only one I could see possibly is Jamie as he has done before. Think there would be an uproar if The Doctor turned up on a planet and found Adric didn't die on that spaceship after all!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Big Finish have already done this I believe.
    http://www.bigfinish.com/110-Doctor-Who-The-Boy-that-Time-Forgot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Skaro, before it was destroyed that it.

I think I read somewhere that one of the interactive game episodes heads to the Main city of Skaro
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It Is on Skaro. They confirmed it somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dulkis :p
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    does the doctor still visit alien planets then? i would like him to bump into the daleks on an alien planet. that way we can avoid the zillionth invasion on earth
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like him to return to Midnight to find out what took over Mrs Sylvestre (sp?). Although to keep the mystery it might be a good idea that we never find out. That episode was so good, just watching the humans turn on each other to save themselves. Thought provoking.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not strictly a re-visit, but Melissa Majoria! Then he tell the little sods to stop chasing me in my own garden!
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,823
    Forum Member
    The planet of the Nymphomaniacs. Or is that my own subconscious telling me something?... :confused:
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Has to be Skaro.

A Moffat Dalek two parter, yes please.
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Remembering Jon Pertwee thread has rminded me that despite the Doctor knowing Venusian Aikido and lullabies, he doesn't appear to have visited the place on screen. So can I add Venus for a "revisit" :)
  • ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    vespa wrote: »
    Gallifrey ;)
    he can't it's destroyed
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manussa!

*starts making 'Bring back the Mara' sandwich board*
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Manussa!

*starts making 'Bring back the Mara' sandwich board*

What exactly goes in a Mara sandwich? :D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gallifrey - he goes back in time to get some more lives but ends up in the middle of the Time War and has to watch his entire race get destroyed again because he mustn't change history, and when he's leaving just as it's about to get blown up, he's saying 'No, no, please, I can't watch them all burning!' and Amy's telling him to come back with her because she knows he can't change it, and it's like the reverse of the scene with Donna wanting to stop the people in Pompeii all being killed. Then you just see the light from the explosion and the Doctor falling over crying with Amy holding him and saying 'Don't look!'

Sontar - to stop the Rutans doing cruel things to the Sontarans all the time. Yes I know they're supposed to be as bad as each other but Rutans are creepy, and Sontarans are rather cute!

The Slitheen homeworld (I can't spell that) - just because it would annoy the *beep* out of everyone on this forum and probably frazzle the DS spell-checker!
    (OK I'm going to bed now :o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just to add, who's to say any of the others companions may have gone a bit mad? Maybe Nyssa is now completely in control of the Hydromel suppy on Terminus?What if Peri really DID die and is now ruler of some planet in her new guise as Lord Kiv? Maybe Romana has turned into an evil Time Lord like The Rani? Maybe Mel has dumped Glitz and is now the Tyrannical Ruler of some planet which is forced to do exercising (And she'd still be just as annoying!)

A practical issue here is that unless you recast, you are going to have an issue with the actor's age. Hitchhiker got around this because it was radio, so they used many of the same cast in 2004 as in 1978(Arthur, Ford, Trillian, Marvin etc). Also quite a few aren't really acting any more.

And of course duplicating Sarah Jane will be a risk. The only old companion who could really return would be Romana, and probably then with a regeneration - perhaps she turns up as II and changes. The other candidate character is of course Jenny maybe a 2 parter.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Gallifrey - he goes back in time to get some more lives but ends up in the middle of the Time War and has to watch his entire race get destroyed again because he mustn't change history, and when he's leaving just as it's about to get blown up, he's saying 'No, no, please, I can't watch them all burning!' and Amy's telling him to come back with her because she knows he can't change it, and it's like the reverse of the scene with Donna wanting to stop the people in Pompeii all being killed. Then you just see the light from the explosion and the Doctor falling over crying with Amy holding him and saying 'Don't look!'

The problem with that is that the War isn't in a place as simple and convenient as the past - it's completely isolated from all of time and space. It's the biggest handwave ever, of course, but unfortunately it means they have to go through all kinds of hoops to justify anything like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Earth. There's not enough of the new series set there.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ainley wrote: »

Yes, if there were more stories set on Earth we could have a new and innovative news coverage of every Invasion and then use it over and over and over and over and over and over again until a New Doctor arrives on the scene!:yawn:
  • alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ainley wrote: »

no, earth is used way too much in my opinion.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vortis (The Web Planet). They could finally do it properly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    whichever one the doctor's daughter is on,.... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    a bit more earth in the 90s or 80s would be good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dj sunset wrote: »
    whichever one the doctor's daughter is on,.... :)

Absolutely NOT. Just want the daughter to visit me. Her dad can go wherever...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peladon
    Spiridon
    Exillon (when that city was being built)
    The planet where the Voc Robots live
    Ood Sphere