Options

Junior Apprentice a big person or a little person?

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Just watched the first two back to back, noticed the teens seem to be either tall and much seem much older than they are Zoe, the lad with the beard Tim and the pretty girl with the dark hair who wore the purple top.Emma?The other girl who team leadand looked about 25.

You have the tiny kids the little Scottish girl who looks about 12, the asian maths wizz kid and the little guy with the funny hair.

Not great with the names so far, the obvious winners would come from the first group, however as usual you get the feeling an underdog will come through from group 2

Comments

• Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    probably a Big Person will win (since they can stay up past 9:30) :p
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say the 'little Scottish girl' is quite a Big Person in her own way :)
  • Options
    cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the ones who look young and small are at a marked disadvantage

I don't think Rhys would have been so disrespected by his teammates if he had a more mature appearance, and I think he would have found it easier to sell with a deeper voice and a better filled suit. :(:(
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cleo wrote: »

I don't think Rhys would have been so disrespected by his teammates if he had a more mature appearance, and I think he would have found it easier to sell with a deeper voice and a better filled suit. :(:(

I agree with this. I have to admit, even I find it a bit hard to take some of them seriously when they just look like kids in suits. (And im not much older than them really)

I know their all the same age, but some of them look much older - it gives them a hell of an advantage in tasks because they dont look like kids trying to play buisness. :p
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I agree with this. I have to admit, even I find it a bit hard to take some of them seriously when they just look like kids in suits. (And im not much older than them really)

I know their all the same age, but some of them look much older - it gives them a hell of an advantage in tasks because they dont look like kids trying to play buisness. :p

I think the 'kids' are all pretty good so far. Rhys let me down tonight as far as the task and project manager went. He really thought all he had to do was outmanoeuvre his fellow contestants in the boardroom and that was it. However, Arjun and Kirsty are my two favourites and I'm hoping that they will get far against their taller compatriots. ;):)
  • Options
    Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cleo wrote: »

Thats a good point, but it's working well for Arjun and Kirsty. Everyone likes them; even LA seems quite charmed by Arjun and the maths, but usually he's dismissive with the academic stuff. Their size makes them seem less of a threat in the competition than they really are. :)
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTW wrote: »
    I think the 'kids' are all pretty good so far. Rhys let me down tonight as far as the task and project manager went. He really thought all he had to do was outmanoeuvre his fellow contestants in the boardroom and that was it. However, Arjun and Kirsty are my two favourites and I'm hoping that they will get far against their taller compatriots. ;):)

Yes, Rhys was a right little shyster tonight. He totally lied in the boardroom about the others having no ideas or input. The others done all the work and the little girl who was selling with him totally took over and had it not been for her and the other two making the cakes they would have done even worse!

The biggest shock was Nick sticking up for Rhys and making out that the others were not giving him their backing or help! What did Rhys actually do? Sweet b all!

Although I dont think Zoe was at her best tonight I still think that she is the best sales person and always manages to get things sold!

Arjun and I think shes called Kirsty are also my other two favourites also. I hope that these two and Zoe are in the last 3! For a small girl Kirsty really does stick up for herself and does very well and Arjun is a brilliant mathmatician and quite savvy!
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    Yes, Rhys was a right little shyster tonight. He totally lied in the boardroom about the others having no ideas or input. The others done all the work and the little girl who was selling with him totally took over and had it not been for her and the other two making the cakes they would have done even worse!

The biggest shock was Nick sticking up for Rhys and making out that the others were not giving him their backing or help! What did Rhys actually do? Sweet b all!

Although I dont think Zoe was at her best tonight I still think that she is the best sales person and always manages to get things sold!

Arjun and I think shes called Kirsty are also my other two favourites also. I hope that these two and Zoe are in the last 3! For a small girl Kirsty really does stick up for herself and does very well and Arjun is a brilliant mathmatician and quite savvy!

Can't say that I disagree with any of that Darcy, although I have to admit to wanting Zoe to fall flat in her face a bit :o. Her self-assuredness at such a young age just upsets me a teeny bit (probably reminds me of how so immature and awkward I was at that age and I hate that she's the opposite :D

That said, I can't take anything away from her on the sales front because she's the best by a long margin.

So yes, I'm with you on this. And as for young Kirsty...it was a really funny clip for next week when it showed Zoe and Kirsty together. You really can't imagine that Zoe is actually one of the youngest this year....if not the youngest......and tallest. And Kirsty looked like a midget next to her. :D

I love Arjun too. He's been so polite and such a team player so far. I hope he also goes far. :)

BTW....we're warming up to BB and good to see you again. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel one of the little ones will get fired tonight which means Kirsty or Arjun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One back for the small people:D
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I feel one of the little ones will get fired tonight which means Kirsty or Arjun.
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    One back for the small people:D
    aka "One that I got completely wrong but I'm not big enough to admit it."

Are you Zoe in disguise?
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My money would be on Arjun. He seems to be able to succeed at anything he's thrown into. Good at pitching and selling, which His Lordship values. Possibly too polite to avoid the flak if one of the others drops him in it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Arjun (aka the little asian maths whizz :p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    There's no way a tall, attractive alpha teenager is going to win this, can you imagine what Lord Sugar of Clapton's school days were like? I bet he's been waiting half a century for this kind of sweet revenge:)
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way a tall, attractive alpha teenager is going to win this
    Especially as there aren't any...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Arjun do it for us little people. :)
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There'll be celebrating in the Shire tonight!
    I wouldn't be suprised if Arjun is declared Mayor of Hobbiton:D
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

Gillette and Wilkinson Sword shares just plunged to a 25-year low.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was probably always going to give it to a little person.

Means he will be taller than them I think:D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

genuine LOL,office is looking at me funny now