Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I thought Mel B advertising Jenny Craig was bad.....no they have gone and "improved" on it

Now they have got Dame Edna as their latest spokesperson for it :rolleyes:

Shes lost 18lb but just looks like they have filmed her from a distance to make her look thinner !
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    The special-needs oddballs on their day out in the Tombola Bingo advert.

Agree. A load of wibble wibble dribble dribble, inanely grinning lard-arses most of them - some appear to be having some kind of seizure. It's a shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, how pretentious is the National Lottery funding advert? Seems like they thought they were making some sweeping epic film...
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    excellent pop history reference! gold star!

Einstien Ogogo? :confused: I don't get it :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Einstien Ogogo? :confused: I don't get it :o

there was a hit pop tune by a band called Landscape called "Einstein a go go"
    -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZqUNEHYZgQ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B I O Oil

Some bird going on about how she'd use nothing else on her scar and it look so much better

What bl**dy scar, we never see it, ! never even see the oil !
    pictures of before and after or it didn't happen !

Not even any spurious claims that 92% of 28 women thought it was the best oil ever

I have noticed that as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Maccy D's Olympics ad. How smug and patronising can you get!
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably already mentioned.Harveys furniture.
    The 2 women are so so irritating
    I have endure Corrie when my wife watches
    Be so glad when Harveys contract comes to an end
    I think!!!
    Could the new agreement be any worse?
    Anyone know who the new corrie sponsor is going to be
  • Options
    manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Re-Minder wrote: »
    But i'd bet you would still nail her, any holes a goal.

Hahaha, no XD too much like an alien for me
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    Probably already mentioned.Harveys furniture.
    The 2 women are so so irritating
    I have endure Corrie when my wife watches
    Be so glad when Harveys contract comes to an end
    I think!!!
    Could the new agreement be any worse?
    Anyone know who the new corrie sponsor is going to be

I remember when it was Cadburys. Ah simpler times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Time to post the top 10 in my chart of most hated adverts then :-):

10. DHS - purely for personal reasons, and the fact that it's a sh*t advert >:-( because I HATE the song 'ain't no mountain high enough' with a passion, >:-( and it's not the 1st ad to use it, what with the more annoying niquitin ad, and the 4od ones >:-( does it still have man utd. in it? I hate them too, and I don't even like football :p but I never notice seeing as I leave the room when THAT bloody song comes on :(

9. Bounty - I see the latino titular tosser Juan sh*t is back, and that isn't a good thing >:-( he's been away for quite a while now though, but will probably keep appearing on the tv flogging that crap product that probably doesn't even work

8. Nationwide - now apart from the twee singers in ads this year that really need to go away (kia c'eed, I'm looking at you) >:-( this ad only annoys me for, well, a number of reasons actually :p for one it's sooooo boring, and clearly has been designed to be in that stupid 'best ad of the year' (no such thing) thing at the end of the year for it's frankly shite design, and that they claim to 'be on our side'. Hmmm, yep, bankers are some of the most hated people alongside politicians in Britain right now, but fear not, because nationwide are on our side with their trust, my arse!

7. Bold 2 in 1 - oh god no, another horrible twee song but performed by a talentless child, and irritating looking children in the ad to boot. I mean, ok, I hate kids mostly, so them in ads is much worse >:-(
    6. Stella artois - both ads, hate them, with the 'not cider, cidre.' ones which are on the radio as well as the tv now, so now I can't get away from him :( no, don't tell me how to say or spell my words, I'm not French, piss off you patronizing, English because he's not French just putting on a bad accented, creepy rapist sex-pest sounding **** >:-( and the arse that runs up the lift to beat the doting bitch Stella artois CATRE you would say in French, not 4 you **** and stupid voiceover woman!

5. Persil - just f*ck off, talentless kids who could murder a Jedward song are not cute, just ugly and VERY ANNOYING >:-(

4. National lottery - overly pretentious, Olympic-pedalling once again >:-( shite that is overly long, and just a crap story aswell

3. Moneysupermarket - new entry here for Gary and his idiotic stare at the start, then annoying magnum pi inspired LONG sh*t story starring the new fat tosser as an action man then annoying voiceover that is everywhere. Please go away. But it looks like we've seen the end of super-smug fat arse Brian and his adventures in bloody Vegas where I've been, it's not that bloody good >:-(

2. UPS - AAAAAARRRGH!!!!! >:-( as if the original advert with the 'that's amore' parody 'that's logistics' song which I HATED wasn't bad enough, Olympics sh*t again, this is just as bad with that wonky nosed patronizing twonk that starts it off and finishes it, 'ups does the logistics for me, for us, the world' F*CK OFF! NO-ONE CARES!!!!! >:-(

1. Direct line - so right now snatching the number one spot and not the top spot they'd like in my annoying ads are the ads with so much in the opposite of humour suicidal tendencies could follow. Talentless 'comedians' galore from Armstrong to Addison, they are not the worst of the ads, as that award goes to the damn infuriating dim-witted couple. Not funny in the slightest, just ANNOYING, he looks like Frankenstein's monster's great grandson, she looks like she's wearing an electrocuted bear cub on her head, what is there to like? Nothing, that's what >:-(

And breathe, I'll think of more, no doubt they'll appear on the tv :(
  • Options
    .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My worst right now is the "Super Nanny" ad....grrr hate it!!!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Direct line - so right now snatching the number one spot and not the top spot they'd like in my annoying ads are the ads with so much in the opposite of humour suicidal tendencies could follow. Talentless 'comedians' galore from Armstrong to Addison, they are not the worst of the ads, as that award goes to the damn infuriating dim-witted couple. Not funny in the slightest, just ANNOYING, he looks like Frankenstein's monster's great grandson, she looks like she's wearing an electrocuted bear cub on her head, what is there to like? Nothing, that's what >:-(

It's such a shame. I used to like most of the comedians who have prostituted themselves to doing that advert, from Paul Merton and Stephen Fry to Alexander Armstrong and Chris Addison and Darren Boyd and Doon Mackichan.

Why is TV advertising so obsessed with bloody insurance? Have we suddenly become a nation entrenched in insurance neurosis? Do we really spend hours out of every day worrying about whether we're paying too much?
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DHL - "Delivering Manchester United." So? Why should I care?! :mad:
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to post the top 10 in my chart of most hated adverts then :-):

10. DHS - purely for personal reasons, and the fact that it's a sh*t advert >:-( because I HATE the song 'ain't no mountain high enough' with a passion, >:-( and it's not the 1st ad to use it, what with the more annoying niquitin ad, and the 4od ones >:-( does it still have man utd. in it? I hate them too, and I don't even like football :p but I never notice seeing as I leave the room when THAT bloody song comes on :(

8. Nationwide - now apart from the twee singers in ads this year that really need to go away (kia c'eed, I'm looking at you) >:-( this ad only annoys me for, well, a number of reasons actually :p for one it's sooooo boring, and clearly has been designed to be in that stupid 'best ad of the year' (no such thing) thing at the end of the year for it's frankly shite design, and that they claim to 'be on our side'. Hmmm, yep, bankers are some of the most hated people alongside politicians in Britain right now, but fear not, because nationwide are on our side with their trust, my arse!

6. Stella artois - both ads, hate them, with the 'not cider, cidre.' ones which are on the radio as well as the tv now, so now I can't get away from him :( no, don't tell me how to say or spell my words, I'm not French, piss off you patronizing, English because he's not French just putting on a bad accented, creepy rapist sex-pest sounding **** >:-( and the arse that runs up the lift to beat the doting bitch Stella artois CATRE you would say in French, not 4 you **** and stupid voiceover woman!

4. National lottery - overly pretentious, Olympic-pedalling once again >:-( shite that is overly long, and just a crap story aswell

I only quoted the ads I wanted to comment on, hope you don't mind?

10. It is cheesy (especially with Sir Alex looking out of his window and smiling as if the City Of Manchester Stadium had just exploded), but I don't mind it.

8. There seems to have been so many banking ads around lately. Is this specific Nationwide ad the one with the girl who loses her money whilst travelling? It's been mentioned on this thread before and if it's aimed to dispel the myth that bankers are out of touch, it doesn't help. That girl would get a good bollocking over the phone from most parents.

6. I don't like the ad with the girl in the lift, for the same reason I dislike perfume ads. Why would seeing two models flirt in a very pretentious manner make me want to buy your beer?

4. I enjoyed the original version of those generational type ads, I think it was done for John Lewis. I don't need to see it again but with a different story (yes, I'm looking at you too Hovis!).

1. I like those ads! The ones with Armstrong anyway, I haven't paid attention to the one with the couple.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    premixxed wrote: »
    The Subway advert with Anthony Ogogo annoys me, it's cheap, tacky and I want to know if his Grandad's name was Einstein.

Leave Anfony alone, He's got a sensitive mouf orwight? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only quoted the ads I wanted to comment on, hope you don't mind?

10. It is cheesy (especially with Sir Alex looking out of his window and smiling as if the City Of Manchester Stadium had just exploded), but I don't mind it.

8. There seems to have been so many banking ads around lately. Is this specific Nationwide ad the one with the girl who loses her money whilst travelling? It's been mentioned on this thread before and if it's aimed to dispel the myth that bankers are out of touch, it doesn't help. That girl would get a good bollocking over the phone from most parents.

6. I don't like the ad with the girl in the lift, for the same reason I dislike perfume ads. Why would seeing two models flirt in a very pretentious manner make me want to buy your beer?

4. I enjoyed the original version of those generational type ads, I think it was done for John Lewis. I don't need to see it again but with a different story (yes, I'm looking at you too Hovis!).

1. I like those ads! The ones with Armstrong anyway, I haven't paid attention to the one with the couple.

No I don't :-) oh I only hate that ad mostly because I hate the song in it :p
    I hate all adverts though, no I refuse to like any adverts from the past or now I don't think there's such a thing as a good advert never has been never will be :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DHL - "Delivering Manchester United." So? Why should I care?! :mad:
    DHL thank you I couldn't even remember their name :p
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "It might be something psychological,
    It might be something very physical..."

God, that song and that Lynx "Him and Her" advert are getting on my tits! It's never off the fekking telly!
    :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halifax ('I'll be there') with that 'choir' of thieving scum who think giving you £5 of your money in return for paying a grand a month in (at next-to-zero interest) will let us forget that all bank workers should be strung up.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best boy wrote: »
    Halifax ('I'll be there') with that 'choir' of thieving scum who think giving you £5 of your money in return for paying a grand a month in (at next-to-zero interest) will let us forget that all bank workers should be strung up.

I HATE that advert...especially how it starts with the awful closeup of the inside of that yawping girl's mouth!
    UUGGHHH!
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    The DHL ad is bizarre. Surely DHL know that specifically shilling Man Utd could alienate non-fans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another few contenders I've remembered that I'll have to stick in my top 30 for now :p:(

EDF energy - I don't care what anyone says, I personally hate the Olympics 1 from last month >:-( I didn't care for the original, I didn't like the second 1 (hate the Hawaii 5 o theme :p) and I just hate the 3rd 1, with the stupid bitch grinning inanely at the screen, the crap dance, the fake annoying jump they do, the costumes it has nothing to do with ANYTHING!!!!! >:-(
    Veet - didn't bother me at 1st, but now comes on all the time, especially on 4music, 'I don't burn myself' ok, that's good to know you don't self harm then, now why should I care? and the 'from VEET!' screech has got annoying
    Toyota - oh for god sake, just f*ck off, DADADAAAAA!!!!! Have I just walked into a karaoke pub? Silence the city? I'll feckin' silence you!
    Warburtons bread - how is 'what bread do you call this?' an excuse? She should be slapped, load of shite!
    Niquitin - I mentioned this before, why is this back on? Hated both ads, hate the song involved :p and what is it about with the dancing w*nker? As his dancing progresses it just annoys me more and more! I'll buy a patch so the miniature singers will come, and I'll crush the bloody lot of them! >:-( :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    "It might be something psychological,
    It might be something very physical..."

God, that song and that Lynx "Him and Her" advert are getting on my tits! It's never off the fekking telly!
    :mad::mad:
    Too right, that is a very, very, very stupid advert >:-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's some more :p:

Colgate total - along with Colgate plax, hate both. Colgate plax is disgusting and along with the creepy 'aaaaah!' at the end :( but Colgate total, 'excuse me, is your toothpaste working?' no it's broke. Go away, and take your shite computer effects with you! And the other one with the stupid boot 'I've just woken up.' my arse! No you haven't, and don't squeak your teeth, it's disgusting!

Ladbrokes - I know the euro's thing has finished, but I couldn't pass the chance to knock this stupid old b*stard, hopefully he'll give himself an injury always shouting. GO AWAY! Oh good, he has. I HATE this ad :p

Halifax - of course, the choir. Who could forget the choir. GRRRRRAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! :mad IT'S SO AWFUL! A crime against everything!

Ladbrokes
This discussion has been closed.