Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^Marianne and Josh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Umm, was just reading the models blogs and came across this in Alberts:

"Perou told us the theme for the shoot was ‘fighting’ or as he put it ‘model fight club’. First up, me and Marianne. The shoot went well and after a short while Marianne and I were taken off to Leicester Square to partake in a broadcast for Choice FM. The radio was good fun and it was great to see how it all works behind the scenes. After the radio show, we got back to the house and we were taken to the gallery to see our last four photo shoots."

On the coverage last night, only Albert was shown going?? :confused:

And this from Marianne's blog:
    "Today, me and Albert were fooled totally. We were told we were going to do live radio – we did! Pretty tough for me, but did well under the circumstances. It was cool. Good fun, but would have preferred to do it in Swedish. Me and Al were totally thrown in to it, to see how we handled it."

What madness is this?? Does anyone listen to Choice FM and did they hear Marianne?????? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I love how they put Marianne up for elimation in the first week when they knew it was their choice as to who left the show. It's their way of being fair to the models, because if Marianne hadn't been up that week, she would have been the only person to not be nominated throughout the show, and it would have been too blatant who they wanted to win.

They did exactly the same thing with Albert, they put him up for the public vote against Josh because they knew Josh was shy and awkward (and even more so on the catwalk), and Albert would obviously be saved.

I don't understand why if they want Albert and Marianne so much, why they didn't just sign them up for Select on the spot and instead choose the remaining two out of the people who actually auditioned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fireflies wrote:
    I love how they put Marianne up for elimation in the first week when they knew it was their choice as to who left the show. It's their way of being fair to the models, because if Marianne hadn't been up that week, she would have been the only person to not be nominated throughout the show, and it would have been too blatant who they wanted to win.

They did exactly the same thing with Albert, they put him up for the public vote against Josh because they knew Josh was shy and awkward (and even more so on the catwalk), and Albert would obviously be saved.

I don't understand why if they want Albert and Marianne so much, why they didn't just sign them up for Select on the spot and instead choose the remaining two out of the people who actually auditioned.

They want publicity and of course to cover back the cost of signing someone with a £1million modelling contract. They will get their model but the public pays for it. :D

I know my view is very cynical but that's how I view X-factor and American Idol anyway. They know who they want to give their contracts to - that's why it's never just the winner who gets signed. AND they get their asses covered if it fails, because they already made a profit just from the public voting alone.

Savvy non?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    i want Jen to win, yes i thought she was over dramatic with her fainting last week etc.. however she is very pretty and looked fab in last weeks walk off, she has personalitly and a great body. Rather see her strutting about on the catwalk than another skinnie minnie. She isnt fat, she looks great.

However Albert was my fav from day 1. So wont mind him winning as well.

Also cant bear Tandi.
  • moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diorelli wrote:
    They want publicity and of course to cover back the cost of signing someone with a £1million modelling contract. They will get their model but the public pays for it. :D

I know my view is very cynical but that's how I view X-factor and American Idol anyway. They know who they want to give their contracts to - that's why it's never just the winner who gets signed. AND they get their asses covered if it fails, because they already made a profit just from the public voting alone.

Savvy non?

You've hit the nail on the head. I stopped voting on reality competitions years ago, they will get the person they want and if not they will make damn sure they are not successful. If Jen wins, she gets a contract, that's all it is, it doesn't guarantee her work. True she'll get the magazine cover, but that's all. Select will sign up all those from the show they want, they can't lose :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    moogester wrote:
    You've hit the nail on the head. I stopped voting on reality competitions years ago, they will get the person they want and if not they will make damn sure they are not successful. If Jen wins, she gets a contract, that's all it is, it doesn't guarantee her work. True she'll get the magazine cover, but that's all. Select will sign up all those from the show they want, they can't lose :rolleyes:

I think if Jen wins she'll get more work than the magazine cover, at least initially - as a natural follow-on from the publcity of being the winner of a reality tv show and from the novelty of being bigger than size 12 she'll get a few magazine shoots. That's why I'd like her to win. If magazines phone up Select and request Jen Select aren't going to turn it down and in doing so lose out on commission, because it would make crappy business sense if they did. And any of the other models who 'deserve' to win in agents' eyes will get contracts too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taitai wrote:
    I think if Jen wins she'll get more work than the magazine cover, at least initially - as a natural follow-on from the publcity of being the winner of a reality tv show and from the novelty of being bigger than size 12 she'll get a few magazine shoots. That's why I'd like her to win. If magazines phone up Select and request Jen Select aren't going to turn it down and in doing so lose out on commission, because it would make crappy business sense if they did. And any of the other models who 'deserve' to win in agents' eyes will get contracts too.

But has there been that much publicity about the show? I've seen two pieces in the press over the whole series and both were about Marianne's weight, none of the others were even mentioned. The show's ratings are not that great, always under a million. I wish Jen all the best, but I can't help thinking if she does win she'll just disappear.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diorelli wrote:

Savvy non?

Even more savvy than that - the people voting are doing the work of their Advertising Department. They could have a couple of potential signees in the line up. If they don't click with the public for whatever reason and don't attract the votes - then they don't get signed. And the up side for them is that we have paid to tell them this in a couple of weeks rather than them fork the money out for a lengthy ad campaign. ;)

Cynical - me? :o
    Forum Member
    moogester wrote:
    But has there been that much publicity about the show? I've seen two pieces in the press over the whole series and both were about Marianne's weight, none of the others were even mentioned. The show's ratings are not that great, always under a million. I wish Jen all the best, but I can't help thinking if she does win she'll just disappear.

I don't know how much publicity there has been - I haven't seen any, myself - but I meant that generally, there is always a little publicity once a reality TV show on terrestrial TV has finished. And I also meant that Jen's size will generate publicity as it is a gimmick. Magazines like "Now" might well do something with her, and glossies like Marie Claire (but not Vogue!) might too. Glossies get kudos with readers if they occassionally use models who are 'bigger' - every women's monthly mag has done that kind of shoot at some time -and Jen winning would be a good opportunity to use her for that kind of thing.
    Forum Member
    Albert saying "but I don't really get the point of the catwalk" made me think of an actor saying "yes, but what's my motivation?".

I'm sure this had women across the nation saying "aww bless" - but it just made me think he was looking for a profound reason when the reality is it is a very simple concept - and just made him look stupid.

I wrote "bless him" about that on here, but I was joking, I didn't think "oh he's such a sweetie". I just thought it was funny that he doesn't really get the point of it and it isn't his life dream to be a model. I don't think he was looking for a profound reason at all, he was saying in effect that he found it pointless and couldn't work up a lot of enthusiasm for it. I don't think it made him look stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taitai wrote:
    I don't know how much publicity there has been - I haven't seen any, myself - but I meant that generally, there is always a little publicity once a reality TV show on terrestrial TV has finished. And I also meant that Jen's size will generate publicity as it is a gimmick. Magazines like "Now" might well do something with her, and glossies like Marie Claire (but not Vogue!) might too. Glossies get kudos with readers if they occassionally use models who are 'bigger' - every women's monthly mag has done that kind of shoot at some time -and Jen winning would be a good opportunity to use her for that kind of thing.

I hope she does get something out of this, but I fear it will be very short lived. I reckon she'd be more suited to TV, she'd certainly be better at presenting than Jasmine :eek:
    Forum Member
    moogester wrote:
    I hope she does get something out of this, but I fear it will be very short lived. I reckon she'd be more suited to TV, she'd certainly be better at presenting than Jasmine :eek:

Who wouldn't?! Hmm, on second thoughts, maybe Marianne...

I only saw the Extra programme once or twice because I thought it was dire, but it seemed Jasmine was trying to copy Tara P-T on the I'm A Celebrity Extra (which I couldn't bear either).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taitai wrote:
    Who wouldn't?! Hmm, on second thoughts, maybe Marianne...

I only saw the Extra programme once or twice because I thought it was dire, but it seemed Jasmine was trying to copy Tara P-T on the I'm A Celebrity Extra (which I couldn't bear either).

I turned it off after the first edition, that wig perched on her head looked like it was on back to front to me ;) TPT got the sack from IAC which showed how good she was :rolleyes: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I could definitely see Jen turning this into a career a la Jade Goody - who seems to be the most successful ex-BB housemate, even when she isn't actually doing anything career-wise - or along the lines of Kerry Katona. She certainly has presentation skills. And that sales channel four of the models presented on offered to hire her, so she could always start there!

I don't think the models see the TV footage, because when Josh got kicked out, they showed him a montage of his best moments and he said something about not having seen anything before?

On a completely different note - does anyone have any information about that shoot they did in a trendy art gallery, in week 2 I think, when they all wore paper costumes and had to pretend they were running screaming out of the artwork? I haven't yet seen any photos from that (are there any online?) and would like to look up the artists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    bobcat100 wrote:
    i want Jen to win, yes i thought she was over dramatic with her fainting last week etc.. however she is very pretty and looked fab in last weeks walk off, she has personalitly and a great body. Rather see her strutting about on the catwalk than another skinnie minnie. She isnt fat, she looks great.

However Albert was my fav from day 1. So wont mind him winning as well.

Also cant bear Tandi.

I thought she looked her best on last Fridays catwalk, she's always suited longer hair as it suits her face more and the make up made her look really feminine. The panel are a joke especially Tandy. Her second outfit was a black dress which covered her stomach and thighs and they said she looked fat in it, pure crap. Apparently Tandy used to be a model, i mean it would be a few years ago but shes not exactly Naomi Capbell is she? Face like a smacked arse, arse the size of Russia who's she to call anyone fat the miserable cow. And Rachel Hunter started out doing Sports Illustrated, would she not not just be in Nuts magazine every week if she started her career these days?
  • p381p381 Posts: 5,936
    Forum Member
    Wigangirl wrote:
    Apparently Tandy used to be a model, i mean it would be a few years ago but shes not exactly Naomi Capbell is she?

WHAT!!!???? :eek:

If anyone has any evidence of this, please post it here!
  • swelfordswelford Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cannot wait till tommorrows episode and i am not sure who i want to win would nt mind jen or albert either of them do not want maria ann and luke to win
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think its Mariannes mouth having the Dior lip gloss put on in the show titles?

Jen or Albert to win
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunnyd wrote:
    Does anyone else think its Mariannes mouth having the Dior lip gloss put on in the show titles?

Yeah I thought it was her too (if it is, it is a huge bonus for her as she could probably get more advertising work just from it)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umm, was just reading the models blogs and came across this in Alberts:

"Perou told us the theme for the shoot was ‘fighting’ or as he put it ‘model fight club’. First up, me and Marianne. The shoot went well and after a short while Marianne and I were taken off to Leicester Square to partake in a broadcast for Choice FM. The radio was good fun and it was great to see how it all works behind the scenes. After the radio show, we got back to the house and we were taken to the gallery to see our last four photo shoots."

On the coverage last night, only Albert was shown going?? :confused:

And this from Marianne's blog:
    "Today, me and Albert were fooled totally. We were told we were going to do live radio – we did! Pretty tough for me, but did well under the circumstances. It was cool. Good fun, but would have preferred to do it in Swedish. Me and Al were totally thrown in to it, to see how we handled it."

What madness is this?? Does anyone listen to Choice FM and did they hear Marianne?????? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

That is really strange!
    I wonder why on earth they would completely cut her out and imply she wasn't there?

I listen to choice but didn't hear that show (or any mention of it). I can only imagine Marianne wasn't great - but that wouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Dare I say, maybe she was so bad the producers/panel felt it would do her no favours with the public and chose not to air it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I have to admit it puzzled me when only Albert got picked to go to the radio show - i couldnt understand why they singled him out ???? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To the people who were asking about Choice FM, I found this on their site:

http://www.choicefm.com/Article.asp?id=117310
    MAKE ME A SUPER MODEL…

No it’s not what you think I’m not one of the contestants. But I am about to inject a bit of hip hop and R&B into that Channel 5 house of Models, allow me to explain…. On Friday 10th November catch DJ Tutu and Choice FM on Make Me a super model 8pm, Channel 5. I’ll be giving the finalists a task to complete right here in the Choice FM studios. They will be taught how to present/DJ on air and they will be doing test shows with me, sounds cool huh? Lord help these blessed Models….they really don’t know what they’re in for! Any one that knows me knows, I aint a wankster but I am a prankster ya get me!! Definitely need to watch this ride…..

It still doesn't explain the whole situation though. I'm guessing Marrianne and Albert went there on Friday and did the test shows. Marianne probably and expectedly did not do well so Albert won the challenge that's why he went back there again this time alone.

And if this was Friday, the two were chosen because the other two finalist were doing catwalk training.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T--J wrote:
    How on earth can anyone say that Jen is supermodel material? She has a spare tyre FGS!

I say it. She's a total babe.
    Go Jen
  • Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C'mon Jen!!!! Good luck for tonight, You''ll wipe the floor with the (coughs) competition.