Options

what have i done wrong?

well jan if you think the way you behave is endearing you to the british public you're wrong

whine whine whine .....backbiting nasty woman
she will be one of the first out...i hope..ugh!
the other celebs said "oh it'll be because you're entertaining"
who are they trying to fool .......her or themselves?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other celebs just trying to be kind - and presumably they want to give her some confidence so that she may make an effort this time, doubt it'll help much though.

Jan Leeming - turned from vaguely remembered news reader to the most notoriously unpleasant woman in the country in just 3 days - all for the sake of £20k.

Would feel sorry for her if she had any redeeming feature whatsoever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Most notoriously unpleasant woman in the country? A slight over-reaction, no?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "After what I had to do the other day, I thought they'd leave me alone for a bit"

That proved how little she understands the show.

She obviously forgot how she's done nothing but moan ever since.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most notoriously unpleasant woman in the country? A slight over-reaction, no?

Well perhaps - but we're talking about someone having an unpleasant personality rather than being some sort of criminal psychopath

Difficult to think of a more unpleasant woman currently "enjoying" fame or notoriety.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    It's just that I feel a bit sorry for her myself. Maybe I'm too much of a softie to watch this show!
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akrigg wrote:
    Other celebs just trying to be kind - and presumably they want to give her some confidence so that she may make an effort this time, doubt it'll help much though.

Jan Leeming - turned from vaguely remembered news reader to the most notoriously unpleasant woman in the country in just 3 days - all for the sake of £20k.

according to press reports when it started, she had asked for £100k at first but they said no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just that I feel a bit sorry for her myself. Maybe I'm too much of a softie to watch this show!

Oh you are. I know what you mean though. I couldn't do any of the things they have to do, but then, I wouldn't voluntarily put myself in that position for any amount of dosh, so the fools deserve everything that's thrown at them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yeah - there's definitely something about the Roman Colloseum and picking on the weakest about this show. Probably doesn't bring out the noblest aspects of the British viewing public. But it is great fun.

May well be being far to harsh about her - but don't want to let rational thought get in the way of slating a zelebrity.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Shades of Nikki Grahame. :rolleyes: (Talking about notoriously unpleasant women ...)
  • Options
    micjaymicjay Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    I reckon she thought if Jenny Bond can do it and so well, then she could walk it (as a serious news reporter!!)

Didn't take into account that she is weaker, more demanding, more needy and much more spoilt than Jenny Bond. I don't want to be unkind or personal but she is already looking like a bewildered batty old woman who just can't understand why people aren't looking after her and pandering to her.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akrigg wrote:
    She's got a cute nose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote:
    She's got a cute nose.

She doesn't do cute ;)
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    She must be really skint to have gone on this lets face it what has she done on tv in the past 15 years..Nothing :eek:
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was all that stuff about getting a challenge out of the way so she wouldn't have to do any more. Who does she think she is! Plus all the crying, she's a prima donna.

Expect her to be voted for all the challenges from now on as the public enjoy her fluffy little celebrity breakdown. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its strange, but there aren't any really terrible people in this years show. OK, Jan is sullen, Lauren has an aloof and condescending air about her, and Scott is a bit whimpy, but none of them are villians. I guess it was hoped that David might come good as the pantomine villian, but so far his generally laid back spirit has won quiet a few people over, including myself

:)
  • Options
    novicenovice Posts: 3,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We (the GBP) aren't sadistic for the sake of it. If we had been, it would have been Faith on the high wire! But obviously a lot of us now have a bit of a soft spot for her so haven't put the most-likely-to-be-terrified sleb into this treetop terror trial!

So, yes, Jan - unfortunately you have, and are, doing lots wrong in terms of endearing yourself to us!! So you're up girl and will be up again unless you - well, at the very LEAST - stop moaning!
  • Options
    novicenovice Posts: 3,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote from her entry in Wikipedia:
    Since 2000 much of her time has been spent involved in corporate work and her long time passion working with a Cheetah conservation charity in South Africa, a country she loves and is something of an expert on. She has recently finished filming a series for the BBC to be broadcast across January which will see a much requested return to mainstream television for her.

Written by a sympathetic pen methinks!! (hers or her agents). Perhaps she only did her Cheetah work from an air-conditioned, bug-free, sealed landrover or five-star lodge? Or does she moan about everything when she's in S Africa as well I wonder?? :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kolakube wrote:
    "After what I had to do the other day, I thought they'd leave me alone for a bit"

That proved how little she understands the show.

She obviously forgot how she's done nothing but moan ever since.

I doubt she even watched the show before, she just seems very clueless & unaware of what people (every other year) have had to put up with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    novice wrote:
    Quote from her entry in Wikipedia:

Written by a sympathetic pen methinks!! (hers or her agents). Perhaps she only did her Cheetah work from an air-conditioned, bug-free, sealed landrover or five-star lodge? Or does she moan about everything when she's in S Africa as well I wonder?? :confused: :rolleyes:

Yes, that was the first thing that struck me when I read through her Wikipedia entry ;)
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    I doubt she even watched the show before, she just seems very clueless & unaware of what people (every other year) have had to put up with.

Agreed. If she had watched the show there is no way she would have volunteered for the first BT trial in the hope that we would have "left her alone!"
  • Options
    MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her son was on telly this morning. He's a bit of a cutie. Only saw the first few seconds of it as had to go work. Does anyone know what he said
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Probably "Lay off my mum!"
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote:
    Shades of Nikki Grahame. :rolleyes: (Talking about notoriously unpleasant women ...)
    Shame on you lulu :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murraymar wrote:
    Her son was on telly this morning. He's a bit of a cutie. Only saw the first few seconds of it as had to go work. Does anyone know what he said

Basically that she wasn't like that at home.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murraymar wrote:

He thought she hadn't looked into it enough, and you got the impression he wished she had not gone. He said she is not usually a mona, but is sensitive.

He was also annoyed because the 'Daily Star' had got hold of his mobile nummber. They phoned him and told him his mum was going to look bad on the next show and did he have a comment. :eek: