Options

Hidden HD test programmes!

ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
Forum Member
✭✭
Just searched the TV guide for "dog" (looking for Dog Whisperer) and stumbled across "HD Test 4 Slum Dog Millionaire 1440p x 1080i 6m" - this is Slumdog Millionaire in HD! If you search for "HD test" you will find some other clips.

Comments

• Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 minutes...big woop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 minutes...big woop.

Nope, all 115 minutes 8 seconds including Film4OD ident. No idea what the 6m refers to. Perhaps the bitrate? So far, perfect picture and sound, no buffering and fastforwards and rewinds seamlessly. This is very promising!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just done a speed test at speedtest.net and got 6.53 meg... if this quality of picture is coming through on what remains of my up to 8meg connection I'm amazed. There must be something else at play here, surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zapomatic wrote: »
    Just done a speed test at speedtest.net and got 6.53 meg... if this quality of picture is coming through on what remains of my up to 8meg connection I'm amazed. There must be something else at play here, surely?

If my router is giving accurate stats, the TV connection hasn't taken any data while I've been watching so must be stored on the half of the hard disc not available to us for recording.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Cool, just tried it and my router wasn't blinking for the ethernet connection so you could be right.

Wonder if this is what was causing this problem:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1166494

i.e. downloading the HD tests while it was in standby?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Zapomatic wrote: »
    Just searched the TV guide for "dog" (looking for Dog Whisperer) and stumbled across "HD Test 4 Slum Dog Millionaire 1440p x 1080i 6m" - this is Slumdog Millionaire in HD! If you search for "HD test" you will find some other clips.

Hi Zapomatic, I don't have a Tiscali+ box :o and I just wondered what the picture quality was like?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Yes I watched it this morning, but now its gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zigzagger wrote: »
    Hi Zapomatic, I don't have a Tiscali+ box :o and I just wondered what the picture quality was like?

Seemed the same picture quality as Sky HD to me.
  • Options
    michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can i ask what exchanges you are all on? I have tried on my Tiscali + box here on the Wirral (Rock Ferry Exchange: LVROC) and cannot find Slum Dog HD and all i get when doing the HD Test search is World War II in Colour in HD on Discovery, from the TV guide..

Good news though..

Mike :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm on Leeds exchange, but it disappeared later that day from the listings (searching for HD gives same results you got now).
  • Options
    michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Timewarp wrote: »
    I'm on Leeds exchange, but it disappeared later that day from the listings (searching for HD gives same results you got now).

Yes i've just seen the post from vangeezer. Must have missed it in all the excitement :o

Thanks for the info tho!

Mike :)