Options

Mount Pleasant

BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
Forum Member
I like this series its very good and well acted.

Comments

• Options
    Southern PrideSouthern Pride Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Borefest wrote: »
    I like this series its very good and well acted.

Same here! My wife and i are avid viewers! We loved the first series but the second has raised the bar even further!
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one else has talked about this cos I love it.

Thought that stupid neighbour of theirs (whose name has gone from my head) gets right on my wick!
  • Options
    PetiteshooPetiteshoo Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    cuza wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one else has talked about this cos I love it.

Thought that stupid neighbour of theirs (whose name has gone from my head) gets right on my wick!

I think that must be "Bianca" - she does my head in as well :mad:
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's dead good. I watch it in a fri night and love it. Great cast
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Glad I am not the only one :D
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it too. It's really doing my head on what the motives are for the Claire Goose character. I really need to know!!
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petiteshoo wrote: »
    I think that must be "Bianca" - she does my head in as well :mad:

Ah yes, Bianca. Thanks for that!

Her simpering is so annoying! Surely she's not going to end up with the lovely Robson Green.
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca is hilarious (though she's obviously a reincarnation of Raquel Wolstenhulme from Corrie)
  • Options
    CaldicottCaldicott Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I love it. It's easy watching and even Bobby Ball doesn't irritate me. I always feel like I'm on my way to the weekend once I've watched that on a Wednesday!

I can see how Bianca would irritate lots of people but I think her character has changed loads since series one. I wasn't happy about Robson Green joining but so far, I've not wanted to throw anything at the screen when he's been on - high praise indeed from me! :)
  • Options
    madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tigerowl wrote: »
    I love it too. It's really doing my head on what the motives are for the Claire Goose character. I really need to know!!

Loved the first series and enjoying this one too.As for the claire goose character,
    I have a sneaky feeling she will be involved in some sort of drug smuggling but Lisa and Dan will end up getting caught up in it all

spoilered it, just in case..
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,302
    Forum Member
    I think Claire Goose's character is connected to that Kate in some way and is getting revenge.
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have recently had sky and this was a show I wanted to see when it first came out ! I have caught all of this 2nd series but still getting used to who is who lol
    Something lighthearted yet nice to watch which with most of stuff on T.V is a change :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have recently had sky and this was a show I wanted to see when it first came out ! I have caught all of this 2nd series but still getting used to who is who lol
    Something lighthearted yet nice to watch which with most of stuff on T.V is a change :)

Shelly off corrie is married to the guy who was in new tricks. Her off Upstairs Downstairs is Shelley off corries muvva and bobby ball is the dad. Fiona off corrie is shelley off corries boss and best friend and was married to that geezer she was shagging but he got them into a lot of debt by gambling. The woman of northern lights likes to flirt with all the men and she now fancies robson who was also in northern lights, playing the womans brother in law. The woman in watching killed off her hubby and was trying to start an affair with the man who was in new tricks last week, while shelly kissed her next door neighbour :eek:
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Fiona off corrie is shelley off corries boss

And Fiona off Corrie is called Shelley in this :)
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife and I really like this too. Tonight's episode was hilarious. So glad Liza Tarbuck's character is back too :D
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And where is it I've seen Bianca before? It's doing my head in. Was she the woman who was obsessed with the vicar in Emmerdale not that long ago?
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Who was Lloyd in the First season?

I see on Wiki and IMDB he is listed in most of the episodes but I cant recall who he is?

Any ideas?
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madj40 wrote: »
    Loved the first series and enjoying this one too.As for the claire goose character,
    I have a sneaky feeling she will be involved in some sort of drug smuggling but Lisa and Dan will end up getting caught up in it all

spoilered it, just in case..

Round of applause madj!

I love this series, all the characters are interesting and amusing, and as a Manc, I love spotting all the locations too.

I was lucky enough to get a look round the film set earlier this year- I would love to see where Fergus' house is though, (prob Cheshire) - looks amazing!
  • Options
    PetiteshooPetiteshoo Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Removed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    And where is it I've seen Bianca before? It's doing my head in. Was she the woman who was obsessed with the vicar in Emmerdale not that long ago?

Yes! And she's also been in Cutting It :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Who was Lloyd in the First season?

I see on Wiki and IMDB he is listed in most of the episodes but I cant recall who he is?

Any ideas?

I've just been looking around too and still didn't recognise him!
    Only person I thought it might be was Jill Halfpenny's characters husband when Greg was using a loan shark? Hmm annoying me too!
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Shelly off corrie is married to the guy who was in new tricks. Her off Upstairs Downstairs is Shelley off corries muvva and bobby ball is the dad. Fiona off corrie is shelley off corries boss and best friend and was married to that geezer she was shagging but he got them into a lot of debt by gambling. The woman of northern lights likes to flirt with all the men and she now fancies robson who was also in northern lights, playing the womans brother in law. The woman in watching killed off her hubby and was trying to start an affair with the man who was in new tricks last week, while shelly kissed her next door neighbour :eek:

Wow thanks:D makes more sense now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NicV wrote: »
    I've just been looking around too and still didn't recognise him!
    Only person I thought it might be was Jill Halfpenny's characters husband when Greg was using a loan shark? Hmm annoying me too!

Was Lloyd the guy who worked with Shelleys husband?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Round of applause madj!

I love this series, all the characters are interesting and amusing, and as a Manc, I love spotting all the locations too.

I was lucky enough to get a look round the film set earlier this year- I would love to see where Fergus' house is though, (prob Cheshire) - looks amazing!

Bits and bobs of it are filmed around Hale, apparently ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened in the last episode of the first series? I forgot to watch it and can't find it anywhere to watch, and I have been saving series 2 on my sky+ til I can find this out!