Options

Skylar Grey

soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
Forum Member
She is known for her vocals in the UK on Dre feat Eminem on "Call Me A Doctor" and she wrote and recorded the Eminem & Rihanna's version of "I Love The Way You Lie" however I'm shocked that she hasn't really took off because I think she is equally as good as Christina Perri if not better imo.

I love her singing live "I love the way you lie", I actually think its better than Eminem & Rihanna's version, anybody else think this lady is seriously underrated??

Comments

• Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Is she that singer that has a song about riding a bike ft Eminem? Yeah. I don't think she's underrated based on that song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is she that singer that has a song about riding a bike ft Eminem? Yeah. I don't think she's underrated based on that song.

I don't like that song either but I love her version of "I love the way you lie" and "coming home" and also "Invisible", I think she has the potential to be great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think someone can be considered under-rated until they've put out a full length album. Featuring on tracks and releasing here and there singles is crap. Until you can actually get on with it and make an album, you deserve your poor rating.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    soapmania wrote: »
    I don't like that song either but I love her version of "I love the way you lie" and "coming home" and also "Invisible", I think she has the potential to be great.

I haven't heard them but I do remember that I Need A Doctor song and thinking the female voice is really nice. I don't understand why released that Bike song.
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Ahh yeah she's the one who did that "Invisible" track, I really like that and have been trying to remember her name recently cos I'd completely forgotten, so thanks for posting this thread!!

She is supposed to be releaseding her first proper album early in 2013 so might have to look out for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her new song C'mon Let Me Ride is so rubbish - I liked one of her other songs Dance Without You...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coen wrote: »
    Ahh yeah she's the one who did that "Invisible" track, I really like that and have been trying to remember her name recently cos I'd completely forgotten, so thanks for posting this thread!!

She is supposed to be releaseding her first proper album early in 2013 so might have to look out for it.

Thats cool, I'll be buying that!

I hope it does well for her because she is too good to be just a feature singer imo. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    She's written lots of songs for other people. I remember reading about her.
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Her new song C'mon Let Me Ride is so rubbish - I liked one of her other songs Dance Without You...

Hmm hadnt heard that so decided to give it a listen and yeah, that is a bit rubbish. Maybe I need to give this album of hers a listen before buying it when it does come out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think someone can be considered under-rated until they've put out a full length album. Featuring on tracks and releasing here and there singles is crap. Until you can actually get on with it and make an album, you deserve your poor rating.

She has had an album, though. It flopped massively. She's had four eps as well.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten all about her actually. I really liked Dance Without You. I wonder will a proper album ever see the light of day
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    She has had an album, though. It flopped massively. She's had four eps as well.

Not as Skylar Grey she hasn't. She had an album under her real name of Holly Brook.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Not as Skylar Grey she hasn't. She had an album under her real name of Holly Brook.

So what? It was all her material. She's still the same person. She didn't have a lobotomy or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what? It was all her material. She's still the same person. She didn't have a lobotomy or something.

Was the album good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    Was the album good?

Not bad. I liked Wanted. It had zero promotion, though which definitely contributed to it doing terribly. New artists need a leg to stand on IMO.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her persona was completely different then. So it it makes a difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bad. I liked Wanted. It had zero promotion, though which definitely contributed to it doing terribly. New artists need a leg to stand on IMO.

I know you don't like LDR, but what I think we can learn of that case is that you need a good management, There are so many LDR or Holly's out there who we never will hear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Her persona was completely different then. So it it makes a difference.

:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    I know you don't like LDR, but what I think we can learn of that case is that you need a good management, There are so many LDR or Holly's out there who we never will hear.

Very true. Masha's album is coming out this year and I hope she gets some good promo. That is a voice worth hearing.